Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev Loomes

Glides
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:19:00 pm »
I think £99.00 for a set of green glides (+vat?) from Hydramaster seems a tad expensive for essentially plastic/teflon parts that must cost pence to make.

Can anyone suggest any from elsewhere at a reasonable cost ???

Cheers

Kev

Paul_Ashworth

Re: Glides
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:22:59 pm »
Dont knock em untill you have tried them, I thought the same about the price but wouldnt be without them now.

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:25:29 pm »
You want a genuine GreenGlide for less? In the UK?

They come with a 100% money back guarantee (no risk), and free 6 mo. replacement guarantee if you break it.  Also GreenGlides has a free Exchange policy, if you happen to buy a Hole version and think later you would prefer a Slot version, it's exchanged at no cost to you. They also come with a 1 year wear guarnantee.

Sounds like a bit more than... essentially plastic/teflon parts that must cost pence to make.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 10:28:43 pm »
GET YOUR TIGHT HAND IN YOUR POCKET ;D ;D
Just bought greenglide a week ago, before that i was using magic lips. WISH i had bought the greenglide 6 months ago really good.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:31:09 pm »
Thanks for that Greenie i wasnt aware of the exchange, I have the Holed version and wish i had bought the Hybrid, I have only had it since November last does this mean Hm will change it for me ??

Kev Loomes

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:36:32 pm »
So there's no real alternative then?

Ive seen cheaper although I understand you get what you pay for. I just dont like being ripped off for what appears to be a machine made one piece item that gets knocked out in china for 2p.

Please tell me I'm wrong, as I cant justify spending that much on an accessory for a wand LOL!

Kev

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 10:36:59 pm »
Out of all of the things you'll buy the glide will be one of the cheapest things and will lengthen your carpet cleaning career because it save your back loads and I am living proof (touching wood!)

Shaun

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 10:39:22 pm »
Think you have had your answer EH!!! ::) ::)

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 10:50:44 pm »
So you can try these glides for £100 if you do not think they do a better job you get your money back is that correct

And we are know saying results better than wonder wand?

Or is like one of these products Shuan was talking about on another thread.

ou get exited but when you get it you are disapointed

Darren O

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 10:56:18 pm »
Can you use them with portys or are they better suited to truckmounts.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:14 pm »
Have you ever used a Bane?

Shaun

Phillip Mold

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 12:35:35 am »
Forget glides, get a wonder wand!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 01:57:48 am »
Philip, you are a hoot...I have a wonderwand here, or had..gave it back to the user after I made a glide for it and made that wand really perform better on a porty.

I thought the masses we're a bit more informed like on Truckmounters forum, but I will be patient, calm, cool and collective and do my best to share info about tools that make us more money and save our bodies.

Yes, HydraMaster will do the exchange, actually depending on the model we may ship it from here direct, but ask them first if stock is on hand.

There is nothing GG makes that isn't 100% guaranteed with money back INCLUDING freight, we were cleaners before we were manufactures. and you should not have to risk your money to purchase good tools. And yes...they are made right here in California, not China.

btw: who said the WW was some type of cleaning tool standard...just average at best, even a prochem would put it against a wall.

Glides are probably better for a porty than a TM, for a porty they help recover more solution, maintain airflow and given a real even extraction, they don't skip and chatter on looped piles, this is a big deal, a TM already ahs good recovery, it jsut makes it better, we mostly sell them to TM cleaners to make the wand pushing easier, everything else is secondary.

A Glide must fit perfectly, this is why we make over 60+ different models, and this is also why competitive products leave guys wonderin' if the glide is all that, fit is critical, it's where the R&D time is spent, we've already got the rest down.

HydraMaster is our Agent for the UK.

All that being said, most guys really need a better wand to start with, don't put a Glide on a boat anchor. One of the reasons I got into making a better wand in the first place, it's just easier to start with a sports car than to put a turbo on a scooter.

Joe H

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 08:15:28 am »
So you can help me make my Wonderwand better.
I am interested.
Will H/m supply that or do I work thro you, or what.
Is there the same choice - holes, slots etc.
and the same guarantees - if I want to swop I can, if I dont like then money back etc

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01:00 am »
Jeff i have the wand that comes with the hydramaster raptor what type of glide would be best for that wand.thanks Darren

mark shannon

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 10:10:48 am »
I have had glide on my Recoil high powered Porty for over a year now.

Improve drying times yes but the real benefit by far are firstly health and secondly productivity.

They are worth every penny as our body's are our most important machine in this game.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 11:33:09 pm »
Philip, you are a hoot...I have a wonderwand here, or had..gave it back to the user after I made a glide for it and made that wand really perform better on a porty.

I thought the masses we're a bit more informed like on Truckmounters forum, but I will be patient, calm, cool and collective and do my best to share info about tools that make us more money and save our bodies.

Yes, HydraMaster will do the exchange, actually depending on the model we may ship it from here direct, but ask them first if stock is on hand.

There is nothing GG makes that isn't 100% guaranteed with money back INCLUDING freight, we were cleaners before we were manufactures. and you should not have to risk your money to purchase good tools. And yes...they are made right here in California, not China.

btw: who said the WW was some type of cleaning tool standard...just average at best, even a prochem would put it against a wall.

Glides are probably better for a porty than a TM, for a porty they help recover more solution, maintain airflow and given a real even extraction, they don't skip and chatter on looped piles, this is a big deal, a TM already ahs good recovery, it jsut makes it better, we mostly sell them to TM cleaners to make the wand pushing easier, everything else is secondary.

A Glide must fit perfectly, this is why we make over 60+ different models, and this is also why competitive products leave guys wonderin' if the glide is all that, fit is critical, it's where the R&D time is spent, we've already got the rest down.

All that being said, most guys really need a better wand to start with, don't put a Glide on a boat anchor. One of the reasons I got into making a better wand in the first place, it's just easier to start with a sports car than to put a turbo on a scooter.

Please do not give me tthat truckmounters tradle.

You are getting Free plublicity on the Nations busiest Forum

Others charge for plugs

Also in the USA you have to pay a monthly fee to be on some Forums

Sorry its late and I am proud of Cleanitup Somtimes I ask questions others are afraid to ask for clarification

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 12:01:11 am »
There's nothing like being first with a good product, coupled with some clever marketing b0ll0cks.

I hope you make it run and run until it gets knocked off for pennies in China, which is what it costs to make.

Then you will have to come up with something else, like a special wand or something that even the cynical types up north will buy. ;)

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 12:54:45 am »
There's nothing like being first with a good product, coupled with some clever marketing b0ll0cks.

I hope you make it run and run until it gets knocked off for pennies in China, which is what it costs to make.

Then you will have to come up with something else, like a special wand or something that even the cynical types up north will buy. ;)

Mike, your comment reminds me of the cheap customer that thinks all there is to carpet cleaning is a few quid in soap and some free water... keep it coming.  We have been making glides for over 3 years, there are a dozen competitors, most with a similar product, and half of them likely have them made over seas...nothing like domestic quality control and making sure every single customer is happy and fitted right, the glides are only one division of my business, it just happens to be the first product.

I welcome the cynic, but remember if your only goal is to give me crap, you'll have it back at you twicefold, and then I'll buy you a pint. ;)

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 01:09:08 am »

Please do not give me tthat truckmounters tradle.

You are getting Free plublicity on the Nations busiest Forum

Others charge for plugs

Also in the USA you have to pay a monthly fee to be on some Forums

Sorry its late and I am proud of Cleanitup Somtimes I ask questions others are afraid to ask for clarification

Ian, view it as tradle if you please, but the truckmounters folks are very well informed, I will attempt to share that information with your forum as well, hoping to bring value and education where ever I go.

If you view this as free publicity and don't want me to speak my mind and talk about my products than bar me, and I'll move on, nothing personal.
As for paid forums, the better content does seem to command a certain price, I'm not one that thinks everything in life should be free, some pay with money, some pay with information, it all has value.

There is a lot of misinformation on these forums, the cleaners have a right to hear all, isn't that what this forum was created for?

I'm not promoting one forum over another, I think we need more, not less communication.

I'm here, I give freely, hit me with your best high performance questions.