This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drevitt

What Footwear Do You Wear
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:46:09 pm »
Hi All

I am mainly WFP For Upstairs on houses but have some where I have to go on Sloping Roofs, These have been a problem over the last few days when wet and I have nearly Slipped a few times.

I wear a good pair of walking trainers/shoes that I find very comfy and sturdy but dont know if anything else is better for slippy surfaces ???

thanks

aztec

Re: What Footwear Do You Wear
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 05:50:24 pm »
yes someone else doing it for you!!

Jago

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:52:55 pm »
I use north face Chilkats Very Water Proof and very Warm about £60 on Ebay
To Do Is To Dare

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »
Dickies rigger rubber wellies, the reason being they are very warm, comfortable, waterproof, easy to remove to go inside on properties, have steel toe caps, lots of grip and very strong, Luke

These are my dads ones

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

tonylee

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 06:22:05 pm »
hi luke
why are they warm? are they lined and what sort of money are they
tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 06:23:53 pm »
I believe the relevant kitemarks for slip resistant footwear are BS EN 345 and/or BS EN 346.  They are great for slip resistance but they do seem to attract debris onto the sole.

Tim Rose

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 06:29:26 pm »

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:13 pm »
demon hiking boots

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 09:40:14 pm »
hi luke
why are they warm? are they lined and what sort of money are they
tony

Tony, Ive never had such a warm shoe, there great. They have a lamb wool style inside, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 09:41:15 pm »
The boots in Lukes picture are UGG boots,£190.00 per pair. :o :o :o :o :o :oreally warm and are fully lined with fleece right down to the tootsies,i`ve got some but would not wear them for work yet.

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 09:51:55 pm »
rigger boots are great, they are ideal to pull on and off when you do a window inside for some1

i now wear a pair of dickies work boots from wicks, they were reduced a few weeks ago and brought a pair just because i was in the store,

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 10:01:28 pm »
sorry but lukes boots aint uggs  they are dickies rubber riggers .Kate mmoss wears uggs

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:40 pm »
My dad wears ones like the ugg's

I prefer the rubber dickies from wickes - only £25!!! should have bought 4 pairs! Luke

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:10 pm »
who still gets damp feet at end of day then cos i find pure water very aggresive on boots even if they say "waterproof" on the label

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 10:38:31 pm »
I love my riggers, I always feel really happy when I put them on, I cant stop smiling, there big size 12's. There lovely and chunky and make me an inch and a half taller to 6.5ft!!!! Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 10:39:47 pm »
The rubber dickies are more like a lined wellie. I went in the lake in them the other day, there proper waterproof, Luke

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 10:50:15 pm »
The rubber dickies are more like a lined wellie. I went in the lake in them the other day, there proper waterproof, Luke
what are the soles like luke, do you have a pic and would they be good for ladders ?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:27 pm »
I might be able to take a pic tomorow. The soles are very strong and grippy, they would be great for ladders, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 11:11:20 pm »
There are tonnes of different riggers too:

and here is the complete look:

the poncho is a proper alpaca one, they cost hunderds, Luke

pootwo

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:05 pm »
GOT ALL HIS WESTERNS  I LOVE WESTERNS :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o