Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: How many houses in a day
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 12:01:55 am »
When i finish cleaning a house the windows are perfect we also detail to and wipe the sills dont clean the frames unless they ask for that and we charge extra for that.If i new how to load a picture on here i would show you the type of terraced houses iam talking about they are a doddle.
click the addition options lick below where you write when you realy or post it says browse, do this find the image save and post

paul saunders

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 01:21:52 pm »
When i finish cleaning a house the windows are perfect we also detail to and wipe the sills dont clean the frames unless they ask for that and we charge extra for that.If i new how to load a picture on here i would show you the type of terraced houses iam talking about they are a doddle.

So................ which is it then, I or we
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 01:49:05 pm »
This thread is a bit like the woman who approaches you when you're working and says 'How much will it cost to clean my house?'

Darren O

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 02:32:07 pm »
That was my fault for the confusing i clean 40 terraced houses a day on my own ive also got somebody working with me when there is 2 of us we do about 65.Iam not trying to be cheeky here but if there are 2 of yous cleaning and your are only doing 5 terraced houses an hour i would rap it.We do fortnightly cleans as do most window cleaners in my area.

Darren O

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 02:44:59 pm »
Also meant to say i dont do 40 houses a day 5 days a week it takes about 4 days to do the part of my run.The rest of my run is done the following week about 3 days wfp.

alanwilson

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 03:18:56 pm »
3 bed semi's - I have 38 in the same area (only have to move the van 5 times in the day, literally moving about 100yds each time) all priced at £6 other than 2 @ £15, 4 @ £8 and one at £12.

This is one of the very few days in the month that I do on my own and it takes me around 8.5hrs to do

Total £260
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 03:22:19 pm »
I never work on amount of houses per day, it is money I work for and thats what I look at.

Ian

bluez

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 09:28:00 pm »
I never work on amount of houses per day, it is money I work for and thats what I look at.

Ian
#

Spot on ww "show me the money" ;)
hi

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 09:38:49 pm »
I have one street where I clean 20 houses out of a possible 36 in a cul-de-sac. Each house is priced as an individual house, not discounted because I have 19 others in the same street. I always price individually and don't give discounts because of the close proximity of the others because if I were to lose the others then I would be working underpriced.
Another street I have four guest houses and a block of 18 flats and 3 houses all one after the other. I give a slight discount to one guest house because I park in their car park whilst I dissappear up and down the street with my hose until I've finished.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 06:52:08 am »
I can understand a high volume of terraced houses an hour, but only if they are tiny and the backs are all straight forward to get at.
Many terraced houses only have 2 or 3 windows on the front and a similar amount on the back.
So if you do a string on then on the fronts first, and if you don't have to walk up and down front gardens to get at them, just walk down the pavement going from one to the other, then ok, you will really be able to blast through them...but the backs also have to be fairly straightforward too.

An average sized window, with 3 panes of glass will take you once experienced, 90 seconds.
Wash.
Squeegee.
Detail.
Wipe sill.

I'm talking trad there of course.

WFP will do the same job, on repeat cleans in 30 seconds.

If you are treating it as a competition then trad will be quicker, but you cannot operate constantly at race speed, not if you intend to do a decent job.

30 semi's a day?

An average semi will have 12 windows, done trad you WON'T knock a house of that size out in ten minutes...dream on.
You have to time it at a minimum from walking up the front path or drive, to walking back down it once done, and allow for either collecting or invoicing too.

You cannot expect to have a round so massively compact that you are going to have house after house virtually next door to one another, that take years to achieve for gods sake!
And even then, not many will have day after constant day like that.

The majority of window cleaners are at work by roughly 8.30am and they are home with their feet up by about 4pm.
Most are doing well if they work 7 hours a day.
Take out tea breaks, lunch breaks, toilet stops, customers who chat, people who call you on your mobile and so on, and you are very lucky if you are working, ACTUALLY working for much more than 5 and a half hours on an average day.

And even if you are already an experienced window cleaner, having worked a year or two for someone else, starting out it will take you a couple of years to have built up enough work to be earning a halfway decent income, and a great many more years to have built it up and honed your round to give you a top income.

Time I wasn't here...I start at 7am!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Darren O

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 08:35:56 am »
Ian the houses iam talking about are 3 bed and a good size.In the housing scheeme iam talking about there are only 1 road in and 1 road out the rest is all paths and grass areas.The size of the windows are about 4x4 at the front and a bit smaller at the back 4 in the front and 4 in the back on most of the windows its only 1 pane of glass and a pvc frame thats how we can do them so quick.We usually do 8 fronts and then walk round and do the backs or else they will be 1 doing the fronts and 1 doing the backs.

Garry.J

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 03:20:31 pm »
for my old boss we were to aim about 4 houses an hour. which should be 30 houses a day but with travel and such it'd only be about 24ish
thats on a 7 to 8 hour day

about £25 p/h ish.