This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jaykie

How many houses in a day
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:07:35 pm »
If you where just going to do houses and not commercial how many is the average to want to get in a day, and how much should i set my sites on earning a day, i no this will vary between you but just want a estimate

Mo

Re: How many houses in a day
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13:48 pm »
15-20
 8)

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:57:10 pm »
Hi Jaykie, are you just starting out mate? It really all depends how big each house is..... could be 10 large detached places, or 30 little terraces. Are you WFP or trad?

If you're just starting out, dont worry too much about earning big numbers straight away... it'll just frustrate you, so set your sights low at first.  When I was trad I started off aiming to earn £50... then £100... then £120. I just took my time and let my speed build up. I think that as long as youre earning enough to live on, then the quality of the work is what matters at first OVER the quantity. The quantity will come in time and with practice.

When I first started WFP... I have a mate who got his system and was earning £150 a day straight away. I got frustrated when I couldnt earn that, but didnt take into account he'd been using WFP for ages with his brother... so he'd had a lot of practice. I've been going about 5 months with the pole now, and can earn those figures, but unless youre a natural with it, it takes time to build up that speed.

Hope this helps :)

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:21:25 am »
The bottom line really is how much you would need to earn in a day. Forget the number of houses. That just strokes or batters the ego and is unnecessary.
I found when i started that i earnt lot more working larger properties 'cos the smaller quicker jobs were not compact enough.
As you grow you will find you are constantly rescheduling your work in order to compact it more and make it more profitable.
Also, your speed will increase leaps and bounds as the months go by and some jobs take almost as long to get the kit out and back in the van as it takes to clean the windows.
sheepmeister has summed it up really.

sf

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 08:08:05 pm »
building round up myself. been window cleaning for 16 years as an employee.
looking to be self employed by april.personally id be looking at 30-35 3 bed semis
a day at £8 a touch. be happy with average of 100 a day for 1st  year.

tatman

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 08:18:14 pm »
30 3 bed semis dont make me laugh ;D

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 08:59:17 pm »
Usually do about 40 terraced houses a day works out about 6 an hour thats using ladders.Tried wfp but it took to long and to much bother but still use wfp on other parts of my run.

tatman

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 09:01:37 pm »
40 a day good luck to ya  :P

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 09:09:31 pm »
40 a day good luck to ya  :P
40 houses are easy if they are next to each other,

I have a row of houses that are as easy as cutting ice cream with a hot knife.

if my whole round like this I would be laughing alot more

jonah

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:20:45 pm »
Why would you cut ice cream ? and why and how would you use a hot knife ?  Is it electric and what has this to do with cleaning windows ?

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 09:32:57 pm »
When your cleaning terraced houses and they are rows of houses right next to each other 40 houses isnt hard.

jonah

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »
exluding washing lines and dog leavings ?

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 10:02:33 pm »
You,ve totally lost me now.

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 10:11:35 pm »
When your cleaning terraced houses and they are rows of houses right next to each other 40 houses isnt hard.

Wor Lass and I have a street of 26 terraced houses, all pretty much next door to each other; they're priced between £7 and £10 each and it takes us about five hours to do the lot (not including a lunch time break); that's me WFP tops and Wor Lass following behind with a squeegy.

When I get so far ahead of her, I return with a squeegy; we're pretty quick and have both been window cleaning for five years.

That works out as 5.2 houses per hour between the two of us (in five hours, with an hours lunch on top) and it's a days work for both of us; though I may do more work after I drop her off home.

So I can't see how one person can clean 40 terraced houses in one day.  That works out as 5 houses per hour for one person on an eight hour day without a break, and, if you can clean 5 terraced houses in an hour (and you must be VERY VERY VERY quick to do that; no talking to customers either) I reckon that's pretty much impossible to sustain; day in, day out; week in, week out.

There's some waffling going on here, or these 40 houses are doll's houses!

sf

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 10:53:53 pm »
30 3 bed semis dont make me laugh ;D
30 in a day no probs also this is trad not wfp and includes two hours driving between jobs in a 8hr day.

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 11:24:01 pm »
Ive been cleaning this housing estate for 19 years 6 terraced houses an hour isnt hard no bull here mate.What ive got to laugh it is 26 terraced  houses a day between 2 of you what are yous doing cleaning them or painting them.

sf

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 11:31:04 pm »
darren i think thats back and front.i hope so lol

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 11:34:35 pm »
Its not always I agree with Tosh but sometimes it is quality over quantity that counts.

Sussex by the sea

brett walker

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 11:43:29 pm »
Its not always I agree with Tosh but sometimes it is quality over quantity that counts.

hi chris

spot on mate

brett

Darren O

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 11:58:34 pm »
When i finish cleaning a house the windows are perfect we also detail to and wipe the sills dont clean the frames unless they ask for that and we charge extra for that.If i new how to load a picture on here i would show you the type of terraced houses iam talking about they are a doddle.