Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1966

upgrading porty
« on: January 13, 2008, 06:43:15 pm »
Going for a demo soon,appriciate feed back from users of  the Raptor, CFR, and Powerflight machines.
                                                cheers

gwrightson

Re: upgrading porty
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:51:59 pm »
Jeff,
I have the raptor and a cfr,

raptor great heat and psi , cfr no heat, good psi and advantage of not having to refill all the time,
my personal preference  the Raptor

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

carpet guy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 07:27:33 pm »
See several, if I was 42 instead of 62, I would consider the Prowler...........it's versatile, does'nt need a big van, or a return tank. The CFR is an excellent machine, but you will either love it, or hate it, there are several decent twin vac portables around and a fascinating article was published recently which showed the difference between truckmounts and portables, particularly with vacs in parallel is less than assumed.
Try to get around as many as you possibly can and don't rule out any, you have to find something YOU can operate and manhandle with reasonable ease.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:40:25 pm »
Why not have a look at Craftex, they have machines at affordable prices John Kelly is an agent for them www.restormate.co.uk you do tend to get more for your money with them but also he sells other brands. Our sponsor has some good prices on Prochem at less than list price.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:55 pm »
Geoff,
whih model of CFR do you have that has no heat?
I have the CFR500 which has an inline heater built in. (machine now for sale)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:51:31 am »
Jeff don't know where you are in the country but don't rule Ashbys Ninja out, great machine and they will build the spec you want. They might be a bit more expensive than what you are looking at. Ashby's are based in Kent. GOOD LUCK ::) ::)

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Fred Gullan

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 09:17:23 am »
Powerfite Perfect Heat, has High Heat, High pressure, High Vac, high build quality, High reliability, good looks.

Now have as prowler--even better but if porty is needed would recomend the Powerflite. :)

Cheers

Fred

jeff1966

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 06:09:40 pm »
Thank's for your replies,at the moment I've a Extracta Exel,and BX wich I use with a Mini scrubba.Service is great from Extracta for spairs everything made inhouse,noticed on the thread on the raptor that some parts were not in stock and had to ordered in from the US for me this is a big drawback.As anyone had similer problems locating parts for American machines.

mark shannon

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:21:41 pm »
A&M WATFORD ARE SELLING A MACHINE CALLED THE RHINO WHICH IS 500PSI AND LOOKS TO ME THE SAME AS THE POWERFLIGHT

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:54:42 pm »
Mark - what is the link to A&M
Have tried a google search, found A&M Watford but cannot see a Rhino.
Other Rhino's I have seen look nothing like the Powerflite, so intrigued as to which one it is.

Darren O

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 07:21:56 pm »
Jeff its my post on the Raptor that i think your talking about.Dont let that put you off its a great machine regaurding the parts hydramaster have everything in stock pumps vacs heaters ect hopefully i will be getting mine sorted this week Darren.

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:32:07 pm »
Joe A&M watford 01923 671 587

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 07:44:20 pm »

mark shannon

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 07:54:08 pm »
Not on website new to show room call for details

*paul_moss

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 08:07:45 pm »
Joe your machine still for sale  :o, does it not want to leave home  ;)

Jeff most of the top machines have been mentioned and will do a good job, as long as it has a minimum of 2 x 3 stage vacs, psi of at least 300 and has an inline heater, then pick  one based on your budget.
The Hydromaster one is a rebadged Kleenrite Edge2 machine which is a top bit of kit and Hydromaster service is very good.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 08:38:27 pm »
Hi Paul

It was December 3rd whan I listed the Powerflite CFR 500 Pure Heat on here in the Sell Equipment section - hardly the best time of year to sell, sure you agree.

Its now back on their so maybe with a lot of potential newcomers and others wanting to upgrade it should stimulate interest.

Mind you, it makes a mighty good spare machine! Just the space thats required to keep or I would.

When it sells I will probably invest in a bit of Dry Fusion gear (got the machine) and Solutions Mighty One as a good spotter and booster.

*paul_moss

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 09:03:05 pm »
Joe if you are going to buy a decent spotter then look at the Kleenrite Sphere in that range it is the best on the market, a bit more pricey than the Mighty one but in has a tremendious in line heater.

Jeff The Edge 2 is also on this link below, When I bought one they were aroung £2600 plus the dreaded.
http://www.cleancareint.co.uk/Carpet%20Cleaners.htm

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 09:27:12 pm »
Paul

Spec seems similar to the Mighty One, not seen a price. Looks nicer then Mighty One though.

but the Mighty One has that advantage of being a booster for the long hose jobs.
OK, not all that frequent but when you need it..... you need it.

*paul_moss

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 09:43:41 pm »
Joe the mighty one does not have a heater. I forgot you have a Scorpion, so yes Mighty one  prob a better choice for you.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 09:57:34 pm »
Paul
The water capacity in both machines is relatively small, so maybe a heater is'nt that important, would imagine your topping up fairly regualr anyway.
My understanding is the Mighty One is not limited in use as a booster to just the Scorpion, can be linked with other machines in just the same way, so a very versatile.
Dave Washbrook had one for sale November(ish), did make the enquiry with him but just couldnt get the funds together before it was sold - such is life.