This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon-scwindows

Re: does anyone run a system out of a pickup/4x4?
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 12:40:50 am »
i was going to ask the same, where did you get those hose reels and how much roughly? what size hose is it? they look great

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 12:16:55 pm »
I had the system fitted by a some one else so I don't know where to get them, if memory serves correct though they are about 230 each.  I work with the missus so both are always getting used.

I know a guy called Bonzer on the forum uses one and installed it himself, so he would know where to get them from.  They are really good but I might get a removable one as well from gardeners to use on some situations when I can't get parked right.

Simon

JSMC

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 06:09:34 pm »
friend in work said i should ge tone of these trucks. I aid way to big and don't know if they'd be suitable. He has a car business and said he could pick one up at auction fairly cheap with 60k on clock he reckons.

bassjamm

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 12:28:11 am »
Hi guys...

Just reviving this thread as i'm considering this option!

I'm looking at the L200 double cab.  I've done some number crunching and it isn't a huge expense to get into one of these beasts...but i was wondering what you all thought on the WFP in the back?

I use a 650 flat tank, about 1.2m x 1m and about .5m high...so too high for the 405cm height of the back of the L200, which would therefor mean i would have to leave it uncovered, but i take my battery out every night, and i'd have to secure my hose to the van somehow...but that's an overnight solution, do you reckon people would pinch stuff whilst it's parked up during the day?

Also, what do you think customers would think to them?  Personally if i had some indignant comments then i'd not be too bothered, why should i be trying to appear lowly or anything, i'm just earning a living like everyone else...?

Anyway, i'm 21 and i'm fed up of relying on other people for a lift out etc, so having the 5 seats would be awesome, so i've instantly saved not having to get a 2nd vehicle, which is my other option!  I appreciate they can be thirsty...but aside from all that...is the wfp and pickups a viable option???

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jamie

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:31 pm »
A 650 flat or upright would probably not fit at all as you need to get it between the wheel arches.  The only route really is a custom tank.  I would say you need to have the back covered some how, other wise you'll need to bring your pumps and hose in as well unless you can always leave it in a very secure place. 

The other problem of driving around with a tank on the back in view is that you might attract too much attention from the police.  Water weighs a lot and all though you'll be under the 1 tonne limit the police will probably want to test it out.

Simon.

bassjamm

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 04:00:18 pm »
Thanks...my tanks dimensions are 1250 x 1010 x 575 and the loading bay, or the Navara (my now prefered choice)...are 1511 x 1560 (1130 between arches) x 457

So the tank is too high, that's fair doo's, a shame, but fair doo's!  So a custom tank would indeed make sense, does anyone know of anywhere that make made to measure baffled tanks for a reasonable price?  My other thought was the whole skid tank thing, but i don't really know too much about them!

As for the police attention, i appreciate what you're saying, although, if they want to check me out i wouldn't have an issue with it, they seem pretty cool with it in my area.

Thanks again,

Jamie

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 04:35:06 pm »
Thanks...my tanks dimensions are 1250 x 1010 x 575 and the loading bay, or the Navara (my now prefered choice)...are 1511 x 1560 (1130 between arches) x 457

So the tank is too high, that's fair doo's, a shame, but fair doo's!  So a custom tank would indeed make sense, does anyone know of anywhere that make made to measure baffled tanks for a reasonable price?  My other thought was the whole skid tank thing, but i don't really know too much about them!

As for the police attention, i appreciate what you're saying, although, if they want to check me out i wouldn't have an issue with it, they seem pretty cool with it in my area.

Thanks again,

Jamie

The Navara is a good choice. 

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Custom_Made_Tanks.html

for custom made tanks

I'd seriously consider a second car though and stick with a van.  You might find that the costings are not too bad when compared with a pickup.

Simon.

bassjamm

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 06:28:22 pm »
Thanks again.

As regards costings...i'm just about to turn 21, so costings are through the roof whichever way i go about it mate :D

I've been looking at those Skid tank things...any thoughts on them?

J

LWC

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 06:34:34 pm »
i checked my insurance quote and ive got 6 nasty points on my license, was cheaper than i thought, about £400 in fact, ive just turned 23

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:41 pm »
i thought about getting a vehicle like this, or with an open back, like a pickup or flat bed cab truck like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280192870820&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

which has about 1700kg payload, but then i think it would be better having a van enclosing and protecting your gear from the weather.. unless you had a metal box bolted down with the pump varistream batts in etc electronics that you could padlock and bring your poles in at night... i like the idea of it, but not really practical

bassjamm

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2008, 12:55:58 am »
LWC - Mind me asking who you insure with?

Yeah, it's a tough one the whole equipment storage thing!  I don't have a problem bringing my poles in every night etc.  And i already have to bring some stuff in.  My concern is more when i'm out and about in town, at night etc, as this would be my only vehicle.  Leaving the tank in there isn't an issue...someone has got to be pretty ballsy, and pretty stupid to try and steal a secured water tank of that size!!!

I don't know...it's a tough call.  If i do go down this route, i'd rather not get a bubble thing on the back, i just think they look stupid, but then again, it's far more practical having it covered!

What's the thoughts on the centre of gravity being so high?

J

LWC

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2008, 07:49:04 am »
eVan insurance bud all done online

get pole carriers on the roof for your poles, secure your hose reels down, sorted

bassjamm

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2008, 06:57:09 pm »
Cheers mate :)

Yeah...just looking into a custom built tank to fit under the roll-over shutter on the load bay, my maths brain tell me i could get a 650 litre tank in there with enough room for battery, reel and pump :D

OOOOooooooo :D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2008, 07:06:49 pm »

Yeah...just looking into a custom built tank to fit under the roll-over shutter on the load bay, my maths brain tell me i could get a 650 litre tank in there with enough room for battery, reel and pump :D

Post some pics up if you get it done.  I'd love to see them.  Make sure you leave enough room in the calculations to fix the tank to the floor.

Simon.

s.w.c

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 11:06:45 pm »
try these for holding your poles on your roof you get 4 for £15 free postage i use them on my estate, there brilliant

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 11:41:45 pm »
smithys where from ??? ??? ???

s.w.c

LWC

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2008, 07:32:42 am »

my idea was this

if you look at it closed it makes the back a little bit bigger, then it can be opened up to gain access ... and i think it looks pretty cool too lol

although i my calculations were a little different to yours, i got the measurements and halfeved them to fit a tank in half of it, and it came to about 470litres ish, BUT it wasnt taking into account those wheels arches though, half of it i would say would get you about 400 litres with room for the rest...actually, i dont even think youd get that?...but i could be wrong of course

this is pretty cool, maybe you could mount your hose reels to this and pull them out

s.w.c

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 11:16:47 pm »

bassjamm

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2008, 11:37:25 pm »
Well the Navara has an extra 45mm height to it, so that will equate a much larger water capacity, and i was pushing the limitations quite a bit, but i reckon it's do-able :D

I do like those lids, but i'm not sure they would hack it on the job, being opened and closed every 5 mins day after day...hmmmm!!!