This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

does anyone run a system out of a pickup/4x4?
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:40:29 pm »
just looking at my next vehicle, i live right out in the country, and just lately have got my van stuck a few times, jsut like the thought of a pick up or 4x4 perhaps with being able to use it for the family to when i have kids at weekend so wife can keep car

any pics or comments?

chrismroberts

Re: does anyone run a system out of a pickup/4x4?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:42:40 pm »
Looking at the same thing myself. The new Navaras are really smart.... payload of over a tonne too.

Only thing being, you'd probably need a Truckman or Snugtop cover for the back to fit all your WFP gear in, and theyre quite costly I think..... trying to thnk of a way around it!

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:24 pm »
There is a couple of guys who live near me that use a 4x4 pickup it looks good but there sytem isn't protected from theft and belive it or not there called scratch it & Smear.  ;D ;D

macmac

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:03 pm »
FEEN uses a pickup, he has a backpack & carries loads of barrels.

tony

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 12:01:09 am »
i have thought about this too .Skid tank and a truckman top on a navara/L200/hilux/ranger/Rodeo?????sounds nice but i dont know they are all a bit glam for the sort of crap my scudo gets !!! i would never be able to relax always worried bout the truck.Ok if its second hand tho i spose

LWC

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 12:47:15 am »
just wonder if theyre ok to work in, id probably start putting the poles on the roof, and id want it so water tight, wouldnt want any leaks what so ever, what sort size tank do you reakon youd get in a l200?

rhys11

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:14:44 am »
no
rhys

LWC

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:58 am »
no? ok

rhys11

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 01:46:51 am »
why do you want a 4x4 ? insted of a van
rhys

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 07:06:00 am »
4x4 van ?. You have to have your stuff frostproof or keep in garage.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 08:24:41 am »
There is a couple of guys who live near me that use a 4x4 pickup it looks good but there sytem isn't protected from theft and belive it or not there called scratch it & Smear.  ;D ;D
Classic

LWC

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 10:23:43 am »
why do you want a 4x4 ? insted of a van

well, i live right out in the country, literally in the middle of know where, when it snows i dont even step outside the door let alone go out in the car or van. and just lately my van has got stuck in all the mud, i would say 3 times this week. i go up to a lot of farms real muddy tracks, i just think it would be ideal. and also if i have the kids, 2 of. its awkward with my van cause i only have 2 seats.

our car is a little too small for all of us going on long journeys, so would be ideal for that too.

looking at the l200 double cab pickup. get a nice flat tank in the back, probably get one made. 2 hose reels on the fold down boot. get 2 nice pole carriers on the roof. big DI vessel in back. would look well pro and like i say is a win win all round for me. and looks as though it does better mpg than a transit or the like would

LWC

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 10:30:32 am »

check this out, lol

nice tank in there, maybe the poles could go on the back bit, i dont know how long it is yet? could get a nice custom fit 500 litre tank i reakon in there. 2 hose reels. what more do ya need

D woods

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 10:47:50 am »
In March I will be selling an 06 reg Mitsubishi Elegance double cab fully loaded with extras if anyone is interested.

Tim Rose

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 10:51:36 am »

check this out, lol

nice tank in there, maybe the poles could go on the back bit, i dont know how long it is yet? could get a nice custom fit 500 litre tank i reakon in there. 2 hose reels. what more do ya need
I doubt you'll get a 500l in there, not with the reel(s), unless they're on top of the tank, (sliding around), and you'll enjoy lifting them from the ground to the top of the tank - not.

You'll have a w/c bucket and a couple of cones, at least, plus other bits and bobs.  What else?  Ah, battery - that take up some space too, and you'll want that low down.

LWC

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:55:33 am »
In March I will be selling an 06 reg Mitsubishi Elegance double cab fully loaded with extras if anyone is interested.

do you have a system in it? i just want to see some pics?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 10:58:30 am »
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

squeegee_clean

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 11:13:26 am »
I have l200 double cab with a snugtop at present i have 400l box shape tank that was fitted in my old connect. Its pain in the ass to fill cous of the snugtop so i would go for a flat one 500 or 600l one.You can still get your reel  and bucket and all that other rubish you carry round to in there to put any poles over 5 feet will have to go on top. The skid tanks are no good with the snugtop or any other canopy cous of the filling point.

Jago

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 11:14:18 am »
That is what I am looking at an L200 twin cab
I have 3 kids and am seperated so I need enough room to put the kids in when I have them and I also need a motor for work I use a Volvo estate at the moment which is cool but I do like them 200's

I use a pure freedom trolley and can carry 8 barrels I think I could fit ten in with the hose and a point  and pole on the roof
Feen has the right Idea and he live in the sticks

J
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 11:32:22 am »
hi i've had a navara pickup before you would definately need a skid tank as normal ones take too much room i think you can just get a a skid tank in plus the top on not a lot of room left the navara did around 30mpg the mitsubishi is worse plus i think they will tax these truck off the road eventually so i sold mine last year went back to a van quite happy with that now i would really think about it before you go down this road as it is one vehicle but you have other problems as well splitting tax expenses and buying tyres for one of these trucks aint cheap just my experience