This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny_h

wet windows
« on: December 21, 2007, 11:15:19 pm »
"as its xmas could you leather off the windows this time the last few months you have left them wet " you gotta love them customers  ;D
AUDI VIDE TACE

Sir Squeaky

Re: wet windows
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:26:39 pm »
I get it every day almost.
It's not a popular thing, wet windows.

Helen

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 09:41:53 am »
sounds like your customers need your methods explaining to them ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 10:01:43 am »
One of my old girls pointed out to me the other day that the windows were a "bit" wet. What's the difference between a "bit" wet and alot wet? And this is 6 months after her first WFP clean. I'm gonna end up on prozac at this rate.  ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:34:30 am »
One of my old girls pointed out to me the other day that the windows were a "bit" wet. What's the difference between a "bit" wet and alot wet? And this is 6 months after her first WFP clean. I'm gonna end up on prozac at this rate.  ;D

I was seeing a bit of a dim-wit girlie at one time, she rang me up once and was obviously anxious about something, I asked what was wrong, she said she thought she might be a bit pregnant  ???  ???

Fortunately for the unborn she wasn't, Id have hated to have been responsible for playing any part in bringing a child into the world with a mother like that  ;)

She was binned shortly after  ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 11:20:42 am »
sounds like your customers need your methods explaining to them ;)
Most aren't interested in explanations or don't care as long as they're dry and clean.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 11:21:06 am »
I think that in over 3 years of using WFP I have only had perhaps one or two comments about wet windows, maybe it is just because I have a confident way of explaining it to them.
I am constantly baffled for instance at the way Squeaky has so many problems in this respect, we both work the same areas and I have no problems at all.

For instance:

This week I did a large job, a domestic account, £85.00, this was a job that squeaky used to have about 18 months ago, but they have been having major alterations and extensions done on their property, hence why Squeaks hasn't done the job for so long. (it was only £20 when he did it)

But Squeaks had told me how terribly fussy she is, how she loathed the water on a brush thing, and that she hoped he wasn't going to use that method on her windows.

I of course had every intention of using it, before I started I told her how it would be done...no problem.
Sent Squeaks a text when I started it, had my fingers crossed she wouldn't be as bad as he said.
He sent a text back saying I should squeegee off the downstairs windows cos she'd not be happy with me leaving the windows dripping wet.

But I don't work that way, and not one complaint did she make either, and wants her windows done every 6 weeks or so...sorted!

She may well turn into a nightmare customer, just as Squeaks said, but so far she has been a model customer, loves the fact that all her frames are cleaned and has no problems whatsoever with the WFP method.

I can only assume it is my demeanour that reassures the customer, But squeaky seems to have no end of problems with his customers.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

bluez

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 11:28:32 am »
Lads this is hardly new technology anymore, dont bother explaining, if the windows are clean your job is done and you wont get any issues.

Like Ian I never get anyone complaining about wet windows and I dont ever tell a customer how I will do the job unless they specifically ask.

I am convinced it is all about confidence in the service you provide, If your water is pure and your technique is good then the windows will be clean when you are finished.
hi

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 11:50:53 am »
I don't understand, I must just have brilliant customers because everybody loves wfp and I've never had a complaint, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 12:20:46 pm »
All my customers were trad cleaned previously and never had anyone question wet windows. Give a brief explanation when quoting and sell all the customer benefits.

I can't understand why you have had so many prob's Squeaky. You mentioned before you have had sales experience, maybe in the past you have mocked the WFP system to your custy's and they remember your negativity towards it.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 03:25:30 pm »
If you explain wfp prior to doing it you won’t get this problem
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 04:51:01 pm »
Hi
I agree that WFP is pretty much accepted with customers now. When we changed our customer's over several years ago, we had to explain the process to each person. We got better at doing this as well - telling them just enough information. We found the more info you gave them the more they went looking for faults.

Yesterday, had I lady approach me  in a new street I have started doing asking for her windows to be done as well. She said that she has been on the look-out for someone with a brush on the end of a pole for ages as a window cleaner with ladders can't get to her windows.

Didn't have to explain that the windows would be left wet. Now I don't usually bother ( except for older ones) - just presume that they know how it works.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 04:52:45 pm »

Someone questioned me about leaving the windows wet after I had been WFPing for them for 18 months LOL.  In fairness to him, he was a customer who was always out at work when I cleaned but happened to be home that day.  I did leave everyone an explanatory note prior to starting with WFP as well.  Fortunately, he has a good sense of humour and laughed his head off when I told him I'd been doing them that way for a year and a half.

Tim Rose

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 09:05:22 pm »
East this, eduacate, educate, educate your customers i the way of wfp.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 11:18:36 pm »
Yes you will. ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 11:24:13 pm »
OH NO YOU WON'T ;D

Not Perfect - But Honest

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 11:26:52 pm »
Yes you will. ;)

Yes I think there will be a few on most people's rounds who misunderstand the explanation or only hear what they want to hear.  I thought I had covered all the bases but I still had afew problems - to the point of a few leaving and me dropping a few.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 11:49:20 pm »
That's what I meant Shiner.

It's often been a case of them not wanting to hear an explanation, as they're not interested.

A lot of mine went "Yeah yeah, whatever" (or similar) and shut the door.
Then when I did, they say they're not happy. ::)

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 03:38:41 am »

It's often been a case of them not wanting to hear an explanation, as they're not interested.

then i guess this is why you gave up sales m8

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 11:01:11 am »

then i guess this is why you gave up sales m8
I don't get that. ???