This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Varistream question
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:57:44 pm »
When i adjust the flow rate dial on the front the pump works fine untill the dial gets to twelve o'clock when the pump stops again and does not kick in untill the dial gets to the boost position where the pump works hard but only in short bursts - is this normal
or does yours work right through the setting range?

john tomkins

Re: Varistream question
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:54:16 pm »
Mines never worked right in the 15 months I've had it, it'll be fine for weeks then for no apparent reason will keep cutting in/out, this is at any setting I've got it on past about 8 o'clock, I just got  quick change over connections then for connecting the pressure switch back up and bypassing the varistream although this way gives way too much water flow :o

When I change back to include the varistream it works ok again....weird.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 05:03:33 pm »
I just got  quick change over connections then for connecting the pressure switch back up and bypassing the varistream although this way gives way too much water flow :o

Don't bother connecting the pressure switch, fit a bypass in the hose in the pressure side, with a control valve allowing the excess water to return to the tank.

While the varistream is working, keep the valve closed so all the water goes to the brush, if it stops working do the quick change over bit, and then adjust the valve so you get the right amount of water at the brush and the rest goes back to the tank.  Provided you don't run the pump with the valve closed you don't need a pressure switch.

Davew

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 05:20:09 pm »
any diagrams?

Ian Lancaster

Re: Varistream question New
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 05:34:08 pm »
All you need is a Y-piece or T-piece in the pipe from the pump to the hose reel.  One branch of the Y-piece goes to the hose reel, the other goes back to the tank.  The valve (a simple on/off ball valve - any plumbers merchant sells them) goes in the pipe that goes back to the tank.

So:  if the valve is SHUT  all the water goes straight to the hose reel/pole.

If the valve is partly OPEN then some of the water goes back to the tank - use this if your varistream isn't in circuit so the pump can't build up too much pressure.  Also use it to control how much water you get at the brush.

WARNING:  If you HAVEN'T  got the varistream in circuit, don't run the pump with the valve completely shut because if you disconnect your pole, the pump will just continue to build up pressure until something goes BOOM ;D