This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Attitudes towards work
« on: December 20, 2007, 07:17:20 am »
I have been at this now since i was 18, so 4 - 5 years, i was trad for 3 years and now wfp for the last 2 years.

When i first started it was somethign new and i did enjoy it. But that soon wore off, so im my second year i went to college to try something new, did that for 6 months, was enjoying it, but that also wore off. So back to window cleaning i went again, butt his time i worked with someone as i didnt have much work. Things seemed great for first couple of months trad. Then again i was like...ohhh work again. Then the one day came when i was rushing and i fell off the ladder.

Next day i bought a pole system. Superb i thought, was great!! Then things started breaking and i was like, ooohhh  :(  then the chap who i worked with was like, see i told you bla bla bla...sowe soon fell out and parted.

I was slightly worried about work, but then it started coming in, and in and in, it didnt stop, and i was getting through it all. Doing all sorts, and im enjoying it...and it hasnt worn off! I get up in the morning, sounds sad but look forward to going out. I am never like...oh i cant be bothered to work today, im just up, and out, no problem.

And i do put this all down to wfp. Im not bragging, but i earn more money now than i ever have, i only work 4 days a week, and i know my job is secure. Cant get better than that

I really do love this job!  :)

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Attitudes towards work
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 07:22:45 am »
my belief is also that wfp makes it a more enjoyable job, i allways look forwrd to going to work,
even though as week speak i have an eletric heater in the back of my van to defrost all my hoses :)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:26:56 am »
and whats even more funny, im all trad today, and i dont mind one bit!! im actually looking forward to it  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:36 am »
It doesn't matter what job you do it always gets you down some of the time. Even if you were a mystery shopper for a chain of knocking shops there would be times when you thought "Oh I just can't face it today".

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:37:54 am »
It doesn't matter what job you do it always gets you down some of the time. Even if you were a mystery shopper for a chain of knocking shops there would be times when you thought "Oh I just can't face it today".
::)

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:31:46 am »
its days like this i hate WFP hiose foze 3 times already this morning uiv come home to heat them up wibv my van heating but iv lost about 6 hours this week if niot more bah humbug!

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:44:05 am »
Yes I am back home frozen as well. Worked for about half an hour  but as soon as I swiched off the hose froze. Couldn't really get on anyway because the water was freezing on the glass. I'll go back out in about half an hour.

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 12:37:29 pm »
its days like this i hate WFP hiose foze 3 times already this morning uiv come home to heat them up wibv my van heating but iv lost about 6 hours this week if niot more bah humbug!

Yes I am back home frozen as well. Worked for about half an hour but as soon as I swiched off the hose froze. Couldn't really get on anyway because the water was freezing on the glass. I'll go back out in about half an hour.

It has been a hard frost here and still is, just out of interest what is freazing pipes or windows?  As I use 1/2 tricoflex heater in the van at night and have only ever had one skylight ice up in 4yrs.

Roy

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:48 pm »
Just popped in for lunch, Im trad, and decided after looking at the frost still heavy at 10.30 that Id spend a day doing bungalows, didnt fancy handling a ladder in this weather.

So, off I toddled, the water was freezing on the glass on north facing windows, but with a fresh mopload it was ok. Then round to the south facing sides, that was lovely, big round yello thing bright in the sky.

Back out in a sec to finish the day, itll start getting parky out there again soon, once the sun starts to drop.

Matt

Ian W

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 05:11:29 pm »
Really frosty this morning and ladders had icicles hanging from them! Still, went out and had a look at the work for today and I couldn't believe my luck. The houses I wanted to start with were all frost free so I cracked on, by the time I got to the other side of the road the sun had moved round enough to defrost everything there too. Result!
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 06:06:38 pm »
I have been at this now since i was 18, so 4 - 5 years, i was trad for 3 years and now wfp for the last 2 years.

When i first started it was somethign new and i did enjoy it. But that soon wore off, so im my second year i went to college to try something new, did that for 6 months, was enjoying it, but that also wore off. So back to window cleaning i went again, butt his time i worked with someone as i didnt have much work. Things seemed great for first couple of months trad. Then again i was like...ohhh work again. Then the one day came when i was rushing and i fell off the ladder.

Next day i bought a pole system. Superb i thought, was great!! Then things started breaking and i was like, ooohhh  :(  then the chap who i worked with was like, see i told you bla bla bla...sowe soon fell out and parted.

I was slightly worried about work, but then it started coming in, and in and in, it didnt stop, and i was getting through it all. Doing all sorts, and im enjoying it...and it hasnt worn off! I get up in the morning, sounds sad but look forward to going out. I am never like...oh i cant be bothered to work today, im just up, and out, no problem.

And i do put this all down to wfp. Im not bragging, but i earn more money now than i ever have, i only work 4 days a week, and i know my job is secure. Cant get better than that

I really do love this job!  :)

To be that happy at 20 past 7 in the morning is quite an acheivment! I love window cleaning since I went WFP,... best job in the world,.... and just to make you all jealous:

It hasn't frozen once in Ireland this year(Yet)!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

LWC

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 06:23:42 pm »
im always happy about it, i absoulty froze today, i worked for 2 hours, earned £50, and then went and looked at vans that i want, mmmm new transit sport...wow nice

and then spent some time with my uncle. went to see parents, had a sleep, and went home...what other job could i do that in.

earnings werent mega, but still beats working in a shop  ;D

Dale Smith

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 06:29:59 pm »
Dead right, its a great job.
My old job was in warehousing, and this is much much better. ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 07:17:11 pm »
Hi All,

I must say that since WFP window cleaning is much easier.  And, according to the figures my accountant produced today, the business has grown nicely.  Bad news; nearly double the TAX >:( >:(

But I still suffer from my "lazy streak" as Tracy affectionately calls it ;D

I have to virtually boot myself up the a**e sometimes to get going.  Once I do work seems to flow( ;D 'scuse the pun ;D).

I haven't suffered with the frost too much ,YET ::), and I wrap up well and use ski gloves to eliminate cold icle dannys :'(

I have let work slip a bit over the last month so I am behind >:( >:(
But my attitude to the business has changed from David the window cleaner to David Salkeld Managing Director of D.Salkeld.Ltd Pure Water Window Cleaning business ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

LWC

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 05:41:46 am »
Hi All,

I must say that since WFP window cleaning is much easier.  And, according to the figures my accountant produced today, the business has grown nicely.  Bad news; nearly double the TAX >:( >:(

but the good news is your outgoings are now 10 to 20 times of last years too lol