Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Flipping heck, side mirror driven off! No note!
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:21:14 pm »
What's this world coming too, was parked along side a quiet road, cars both side, but plenty of room, side mirror completely bend double, pulled it straight, instantly fell apart, glass cracked, and casing ripped off.

Can't believe this. No note no nothing.

Helen

Re: Flipping heck, side mirror driven off! No note!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:55:05 pm »
Believe it!!!
The other day I thought looks like a dent up the side of the car, nah can't be must be the way the light is shining. Got closer to have a look and there is a gouge up one side with black marks on it. Looks like someone had a grating time getting out of a parking space next to me or something >:( >:(

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:31:45 pm »
A month ago I was away for a weekend break.  When I come out of a travel lodge I noticed that my front number plate had been ripped off and the front of my car all smashed in.  No way some one could have not noticed doing it.

Simon.

Ian W

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:43:09 pm »
Nobody wants to know anyway. My wife and I were walking down our road when a car took a parked cars mirror right off. We had to dodge the resultant missile, and they didn't stop. Called the police and gave them the registration etc and they questioned why I was ringing them as neither car belonged to me! Suffice to say, nothing was done...
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

ronnie paton

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 04:16:20 pm »
well  parked up in my van one day and ended up with two tw@ts eother side so close i couldnt move, needless to say i bumped both to move them and then drove off no damage to my van but a little to there cars .

Deserves them right for not giving me room

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 05:08:55 pm »
Nobody wants to know anyway. My wife and I were walking down our road when a car took a parked cars mirror right off. We had to dodge the resultant missile, and they didn't stop. Called the police and gave them the registration etc and they questioned why I was ringing them as neither car belonged to me! Suffice to say, nothing was done...

The police are a waste of space!!!!!

They're only interested in catching speeding motorists!!!!

My brother has just joined the police force and he knows my feelings towards the police ;D

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 08:43:36 pm »
Some years ago my wife was in hospital with a threatened miscarriage. I was set back home to pick up a loads of bits she wanted. When I was in the car park on my return I saw an oldish lady in a large old Merc trying to get her car out of a narrow parking space. Basically she couldn't get enough lock on to swing out of the space before  she hit the cars on the other side of her.
In the process of trying to get out she hit several cars several times and she hit them hard enough to do real damage.
I wish I had taken her number but I had problems of my own and I was in a rush to get back inside so I just left it and walked away.

Mike_G

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:24 pm »
There was a survey out last week in which 6 out of 10 people admitted to bumping into parked cars and not stopping. I guess thats a downside of the no claims bonus. People dont want to lose their discount so they just drive away.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 09:16:50 pm »
What some people do when they've bumped into another vehicle is leave a blank piece of paper on the other vehicle's windscreen wipers so that witnesses think the driver is being honest by leaving their insurance details so that the witnesses don't think of reporting the incident to the police. Sad, but true :o

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 10:10:07 pm »
There was a survey out last week in which 6 out of 10 people admitted to bumping into parked cars and not stopping. I guess thats a downside of the no claims bonus. People dont want to lose their discount so they just drive away.
Well yes, but some have protected no claims.

What's the point in that?!!!!!! ???

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 10:17:20 pm »
Well yes, but some have protected no claims.

What's the point in that?!!!!!! ???

thats the whole point of having fully comp protected, so when these careless idiots do things like this we dont lose out much

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:34:35 pm »
What some people do when they've bumped into another vehicle is leave a blank piece of paper on the other vehicle's windscreen wipers so that witnesses think the driver is being honest by leaving their insurance details so that the witnesses don't think of reporting the incident to the police. Sad, but true :o

I did hear a slightly different version of this but it may be urban legend.  Apparently some guy whose car was hit unfolded the note from underneath his wiper.  The note said something like "The people who are watching me write this think that I am leaving my contact details".