This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tolzy82

pure feedom trolley
« on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:55 pm »
Im thinking of getting a pure freedom trolley system!
Can anyone reccommend one of these or is there a better trolley system out there!
I was thinking of getting a van system but thought a trolley system would be better.

Tosh

Re: pure feedom trolley
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:32 pm »
What system you get really depends on what vehicle you plan to use.

If you're going to work from a car, then a backpack is your best choice.

If you're going to work from a van, then a van-mounted system would be even better; supplemented with a backpack for those awkward areas.

In my honest opinion, the Freedom may look good, but it's over priced, over heavy, and you'd do well following my advice.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 08:35:16 pm »
the freedom is a good trolley but i got fed up getting it in and out of the van so i now leave it in the van hooked up to a static tank with 100metres of microbore , much better

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:56:13 pm »
Im thinking of getting a pure freedom trolley system!
Can anyone reccommend one of these or is there a better trolley system out there!
I was thinking of getting a van system but thought a trolley system would be better.
Go straight for the van mount and save yourself alot of stress, you will go this way more than likely in the future anyway.

Ian

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:06:07 pm »
Trolley system for me. Ive also got their Van mount system but no way would i be without the trolley.

There are so many places you cant park  and the trolley is great for this. Alans idea is also good tho.

Ian.........stress............come on ;D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

ps outthere

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 09:13:58 pm »
I use, and like the Pure Freedom Trolley.
I use the trolley inside the van most of the time (50m hose) but I can use it outside when I can't get parked near to the job.
I am looking for a 250L baffled tank, as running out of water from the 25L barrels is time consuming.

jampot

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 09:24:12 pm »
im the same as you ps outhere but got the 100m hose.
ive got a 250l tank in a combo and carry only 2 barrels for the trolley, i use it as a van mount .

tank-trolley-hose.

i find its the best of both, i use it a van most of the time, on the odd ipull the trolley out  ;)

brightnclean

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:46 pm »
I have 2 x Freedom trollies and I am very happy with them.

As has been said above if u want to go van mount anytime u can very simply hook it up to a tank and then u have the best of both worlds. I looked around at the other trollies on the market and decided it was the best one around. I haven't been proved wrong either  :)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 12:38:57 pm »
I would say that what you go for depends largely on your work.

All my work is within a half mile radius of where I live and much of it is close together so my trolley comes out of my car and stays out 90% of the time. If I were to work only from a van mount I'd be constantly moving the van, and parking where I need to would be real tricky. (One comedian friend of mine suggested getting a half mile hose and working from my back garden.)
I find somewhere central to where I'm working for the day or morning and park there. Then I haven't got to go far to get refill during the day.

But that's my round. Yours may be different.

As for working from a car with it, some trolleys are bulky and you'd be lucky to even get them in a car without problems. I can get the new Freedom trolley and six 25ltr barrels in the trunk of my Nissan primera. I have a large plastic box with lid for my trad gear on the rear seat. I curently use two poles. A 12'x3 section which goes in the car with ease and an 18'x3 section which goes on the roof but which can go in but not with ease. The pic shows the trolly and 5 barrels but two are laying down to prevent them toppling. But stand them up and I can fit another in.

It is a good bit of kit and well built and it suits my work down to the ground. The rest of the kit works well too.

jampot

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 01:24:20 pm »
looks like you got it sorted mate  ;)
nice little set up

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 03:22:59 pm »
It does work well for me. The only thing I don't like about wfp is that working depends on so many little things functioning correctly. You have to try to anticipate which bits are more susceptible to wear and tear or accidental damage and keep spares of these parts. So far in nearly three months I've only suffered one puncture that cost me most of an afternoon off work trying to get sorted. I've also broken a trigger through my own stupidity. Fortunately I had another pole on the motor so it didn't hold me up for long.
However, and above all I really enjoy working with it so those things arn't big problems for me.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 03:35:18 pm »
Hi MC. How much did that cost you? I alreadt have a static van system but would like a trolley system for doing some rows of terraces that I have.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 04:11:03 pm »
mc do 6 barrels water last you all day;
or is it that your so close to home you just nip back for a top up?

I to have freedom trolley 16 months now,
great aren't they i use about 8 barrels a day average.

Do you know how much it cost for trolley on it's own wouldn't mind investing in a spare trolley next year. emailed pure freedom; have to try again.

your right about spares, invest in some plastic y shapes that join tubing together had one break when i first started cost me half a days money for £2 bit of plastic.
I use varitech for all my wfp bits very good and cheaper in comparison to other wfp suppliers.
cheers lee :)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

karygate

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 04:17:12 pm »
i have got a freedom trolley . when we first started we used a car and now run it from a van type trailer with microbore hose.works great and has the benefit of being portable, use just like a van system and you can bring it in to charge overnight,protecting pump etc in this weather.
gary

tonylee

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45:32 pm »
hi
freedom trollies are a great place to start. i bought one and used it from the back of my van for 15 months. got so sick of humping barrels though i sold it and fitted a van mount.
it was only from having the freedom system and seeing how simple it was that gave me the confidence to build my van system. either way you will be happy going wfp be it van, trolley or backpack.
just got to add andrew mcgann at freedom was a world of help
good luck
tony

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 05:12:51 pm »
RO-Sheen,

Andy McCann quoted me £630 for the Trolley back in June 07, which I believe includes the Flowmaster controller, Battery, 100psi shureflow pump and intelligent charger. Not sure if it included the 25ltr barrel and delivery. Have seen them on here and eBay for quite a  bit less and quite often with several barrels. Andy provides an excellent and friendly service.

Lee Dewing,

Working tops only and the occasional downstairs with WFP I usually need between 3.5 and 4.5 barrels a day. I have my flowmaster set to No.4 and use a trigger on my pole to control how much water I use. Having the controller set higher doesn't allow me to work faster as the water sprays off the window. Having it set slower deffo slows me down as there's not enough to rinse properly so I have to wait longer for it to do the job. If I chose to go fully WFP, going home for a top up wouldn't be a problem.

You can get Andy's no. from their web site and If he's busy when you call he'll ring you back.

s.w.c

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 07:05:13 pm »
i use a freedom trolley now i used to run a van system for a years got fed up of winding hose in an out move in the van here there an every where, so i got rid of it as the trolley suited me better, at first worked it out of my astra van but poor little trolley got lost in there, so for the last four months been working out of family estate , i can fit 6-7 drums in boot plus trolley a drum behind front seats and if needed one in the front foot-well, i use a small 3 section pole 12ft for general work and carry a 34ft hybrid for anything else,an i carry a smallish bag with a 12inch ionics blue filter in the bag plus 15m of black tubing so if i pic up a con roof and im done early enough to squeeze it in i can use ionics filter it the fourth filter i have used normaly get 10 plus con roofs out of the filter. and it all fits in the motor.

johnny_h

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 07:40:54 pm »
my van was down a couple of weeks ago so had the freedom trolly 4 barrels and 2 poles in a nissan micra!! ;D
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 07:47:04 pm »
That is the big advantage of a trolley system - you can work out of almost any vehicle and work almost anywhere.

s.w.c

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:16 pm »
That is the big advantage of a trolley system - you can work out of almost any vehicle and work almost anywhere.
preferbly not one like mine v6 and courtney sport upgrades heavy on the fuel