This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

Varistream advice please
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:29:45 pm »
After some nice person attempted to steal my hose reel, I found myself in the need of a new pump. Bought a Shurflo from Andrew MCcann & within 3 days the pressure switch went belly up.

Anyway to cut a long story short I have purchased a Varistream & used it for the first time yesterday afternoon. I wasn't that impressed, it seemed whatever setting I put it on there were problems. If I put it on high, eg 5 or 6 it would cycle & the flow would rise then fall, but if I put it on a lower setting then there seemed to be a delay of a couple of seconds before the flow would pick up after using my flow valve.

Now it seems there is a setting that I knew nothing about, you access it by pressing the + & - buttons for 3 seconds. These settings are represented by letters rather than numbers.

I was hoping somebody out there could give me some advice on whidh settings they run their Varistream on. By the way I use 100 metres of microbore.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Chris Cottrell

Re: Varistream advice please
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:33:15 pm »
Whats the psi of the pump?

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:34:25 pm »
100psi.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:38:45 pm »
I have 2x100psi sureflow pumps both pushing through 100m of microbore
1 is a 1.4gpm pump and that's set on E
the other is older and a 1.0gpm pump and it's set on F

the newer of the 2 pumps better than the other

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:41:16 pm »
Thanks Chris mine seemed to have a factory setting of C. By the way what number do you set them on as well.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »
None of mine are the digital versions, but both are set on around the 10 o'clock mark, the actual flow rate I have measured at 1.5lpm for the older pump (the 1.0gpm) and 1.7lpm on the newer pump (the 1.4gpm)

Thats only more flow on the newer pump because Paula prefers a higher flow than me, we still get through the same amount of work though

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:39:04 pm »
You'll only get the correct setting by playing around with it.  I have 2 flojets on 2 varistreams and 2 100m reels and both varistreams have slightly different settings. 

The cycling should be very easy to stop, just up the letter on the second setting, but the delay in pressure might be a problem you have to put up with.  The pump will only run when it has detected a drop in pressure, it checks the pressure every so often not all the time like a pressure switch.  When I do the first window on a place I normally just turn the tap on and then off quickly 10 seconds before the first window, gives the vari a chane to wake up so to speak.

Word of warning, don't turn the second setting too high (both buttons for 3 seconds).  You don't use a pressure switch so the vari will pump the pump up to very high pressures.  A friend of mine blew his microbore as he had his vari's blue dial too high, went back to his van to see a 12 ft fountain of very pure water coming from his hose.

Hope you get on with your new tool Simon.