Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Plenty of work out there?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:58 pm »
dont have it on computer but its from a company who a lot of people use on here i think they have loads of templates
oh, mine is plain text lol..... yet it works everytime.  ;)

pingu

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 08:13:47 pm »
Whilst we are all here talking about gaining business ...what other advertsing methods do you use that bring in good returns for the money/time spent getting it..

Dave.

Kwackers

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 08:15:31 pm »
I'd be wary of anyone quoting 5-10% success rates on leaflets, especially if they didn't have a full diary and a few people working for them!

I'd say an average for all of my leaflet drops has been 1.5%

Davew

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 08:24:55 pm »
I have an add in the local Catholic magazine - cost me £10 and brought in one job! I have an add with yell.com (free) and that's got me another (one) ten pound crap job so far. My best paying work i've got through luck mostly - i haven't gone looking for it i've just been very lucky with a contact who was at the right place at the right time. Idealy i need about a dozen more large commercial jobs throughout the year but they don't come easy.

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 08:39:52 pm »
knocking doors is always the best way to get new custies , the only time i use leaflets is if i,ve knocked and they are out basically those that use leaflets only are scared of knocking on doors , that should stir them up but its true

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 08:50:02 pm »
knocking doors is always the best way to get new custies , the only time i use leaflets is if i,ve knocked and they are out basically those that use leaflets only are scared of knocking on doors , that should stir them up but its true
or they dont have the time Alan, we dont all have time like you m8, you need to remember that.
I pay people to knock doors for me, but leaflets give a very good stream of new work, this is fact.

Oh by the way you have not stired me up, you made me laugh  :P

bluez

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »
I have gotten some very high returns not unlike window washer on leafleting and on a couple of occasions I got no return at all. I think it depends on a lot of variables like quality and novelty value of the printed material, when the competition leafleted, how may w/c in the area, the weather your reputation etc. I get the best return by hitting the same area three times in about 6 weeks.

hi

DASERVICES

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 09:22:54 pm »
I invested in some work wear was meaning to do it for a long time.

I have two fleeces with, window cleaing, gutter cleaning, grass cutting embroided on the back.

It's working too good as now when I go into shops etc.. I take them off as I am often stopped.

Worth the money even though the set up costs are high at first but best bit of advertising yourself, plus you look smart.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 11:06:34 pm »
Same here Mick....I only use leaflets (just my choice thats all)...and I am starting to find alot more word of mouth accounts coming along and because I am seen in area's....

I think it takes time to build 'trust'..

I have upto date put out aprox 20k leaflets and from 70 weeks averaged 2.76 customers per week.  Aimed for a 100 customers this year and as such gained 109....leaflets do work but nowhere near as fast as canvassing but then again...each to their own...

Just a question of plugging away....

I have to admit that Mick has got the hit rate on leaflets about right from my own experiances....I have seen people on this forum quote 5% - 10% hit rates from leaflets......I think those numbers are a little high..

Dave.

I have managed close to 5% in certain areas such as a new estate but those figures are definitely a blip.  I've found it's more like 0.5% - 1% over all.  I take the view that each leaflet that I put out will generate a turnover of £1 a year.  If you consider that getting a job or two in a certain area will eventually generate a bit more work, that £1 is thereabouts in my experience.  Of course sometimes you will put loads out and hear nothing.  Other times you may get a 2 or 3% hit rate (or as in a new estate, possibly more).  I am assuming that an area is only covered once.  Of course, the £1 may not be generated in the same year that you distribute the leaflet but if you get into the habit of delivering, say, just a couple of hundred a week that is 10,000 leaflets in a year and it will produce a steady trickle of enquiries.

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 07:26:03 am »
Yes I would say averaged out its around 1% over a period of time but you have to look at it as part of a long term campaign.
Look at it another way, I can pop out leafleting for an hour or so in the evening and that will probably result in one or two new customers. Do that a couple of evenings every week and it soon mounts up.
The problem comes when you are starting out and you want customers NOW not a gradual build up over time. Then its best to go knocking.

Knocking produces more names but I have found a lot of them are not really committed to the idea of having their windows cleaned and never thought about it before you knocked on their door.
They have their windows cleaned a couple of times but then it becomes a financial burden and they lose interest. I call them air heads.

On my leaflets I have my home address and phone number. This is deliberate, so many customers have commented on this being the reason they phoned me in the first place. Many leaflets just have a first name and a mobile phone number and customers are suspicious of them.

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 08:14:49 am »
I have gotten some very high returns not unlike window washer on leafleting and on a couple of occasions I got no return at all. I think it depends on a lot of variables like quality and novelty value of the printed material, when the competition leafleted, how may w/c in the area, the weather your reputation etc. I get the best return by hitting the same area three times in about 6 weeks.

sounds like you do simalar to me Bluez.