Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Plenty of work out there?
« on: December 16, 2007, 05:51:32 pm »
Having spent the afternoon emailing guest houses and hotels and doing leaflet drops in various places, i'm not convinced there is work on tap in my area. I'm having to resort to phoning one or two custys who i secretly decided were going to be dumped after being told to go away because there was rain about a couple of weeks ago. I think it's a myth to think there is a wealth of untapped work out there, well not near me anyway.

pingu

Re: Plenty of work out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 05:54:31 pm »
It's just a game of numbers is'nt it....Throw out enough hooks and bait and you'll catch those whoppers....

I bet if you re-canvass and leaflet your existing area's you'll snag a few more customers....Have just recieved 5k more leaflets all ready for the pre-spring leafleting blitz....

Also got another set of leaflets saying 'we cleaned your neighbours windows today' these seem to work....

How's about you target your existing customers with a reward type scheme....I am thinking of ways to do this for next year also...just need to be careful not to cut my own throat with this....

How about Nurserys...loads of yummy mummies around to see you work....

Could you widen your scope, perhaps other estates a little further afield...

Keep the faith DaveW..

Dave.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 05:57:48 pm »
 :) a couple of whoppers would be nice right now. ;)

Feen

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:06:58 pm »
so would a couple of yummy mummies ;)
Feen

mick hay

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:21:44 pm »
Ive built my whole round over a couple of years totally by leaflets.

You do have to put them out in 1,000's tho, and the response is around 0.5%

I have another 20,000 going out just before spring, and will expect to get 100 new regular customers from that.

Costs me £380 per 10,000 printed, delivered to my distributor then put out.

A lot of ppl knock leaflets, i wouldnt do it any other way!!  ;)

pingu

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:29:27 pm »
Same here Mick....I only use leaflets (just my choice thats all)...and I am starting to find alot more word of mouth accounts coming along and because I am seen in area's....

I think it takes time to build 'trust'..

I have upto date put out aprox 20k leaflets and from 70 weeks averaged 2.76 customers per week.  Aimed for a 100 customers this year and as such gained 109....leaflets do work but nowhere near as fast as canvassing but then again...each to their own...

Just a question of plugging away....

I have to admit that Mick has got the hit rate on leaflets about right from my own experiances....I have seen people on this forum quote 5% - 10% hit rates from leaflets......I think those numbers are a little high..

Dave.

Davew

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 06:51:22 pm »
I find that a pretty scarey statistic - 20,000 leaflets is an incredible amount and in my eyes, just shows how LITTLE work there really is. I see people posting on here about dumping one and picking up two more to replace it. In truth work is not easy to come by. Most of mine has been canvassed by my wife - she has a much higher success rate than me. I still pick up some work but when i look back through George i can see a pattern of customers who just use me to clean their filthy houses a couple of times and then having used me drop me until in a years time they do the same to another unsuspecting cleaner.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 06:53:36 pm »
I get anywhere from 4% to 8% on a leaflet drop. never had less than 4. but over time that goes up as people keep the leaflet or give it to freinds ect, I got a call from a lady the other day that had a leaflet from years ago.

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 07:00:18 pm »
window washers could you showus your leaflets because 4-8% is massive 20 x more than mine ???

Rob.Hall

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 07:02:11 pm »
Wow Window Washers, are you that old.......Strewth  ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 07:04:34 pm »
Wow Window Washers, are you that old.......Strewth  ;D
:-\

ronnie 20 times lower than 4% return ??

mick hay

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 07:21:20 pm »
Wow.....4-8% that is good, if you want to share your leaflet....bearing in mind im after a web site in the new year  ;) I'll give you my e-mail...lol

jampot

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »
 ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 07:27:36 pm »
your 20x times higher mine is about .4% if yours is 85 that 20 times higher!!

are you going to share your secret formula??

Tim Rose

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 07:30:13 pm »
so would a couple of yummy mummies ;)
:) a couple of whoppers would be nice right now. ;)

... as would a couple of yummy mummies with a couple of double whoppers (with cheese).

pingu

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 07:47:14 pm »
If you want scary...then most of my area's are leafleted every 3 months.... so the % stats are very low....but it does not matter....customers are customers and gaining a solid work base that pays well for the time spent is what this is all about....

We have set out our stall and create targets for monthly, 8 weekly 12 weekly, 6 monthly, annually for everything from customer numbers, turnover, turnover v time....in fact I am very anal about the numbers to the point of obsession...(  :o  )....Keeping an eye on the targets allows you to adjust your advertising and marketing idea's.

I feel that in most area's there is plenty of work...just a case of chipping away and digging those heels in....

I suppose if you have the spare cash you can employ the services of a round builder....if that option were available to me...I would more than likely use it...but alas it is not.

Leaflet %  v hit rates in all industries is very low and 4 - 8 % is bucking the common known %'s for marketing....Window Washers if you're getting that...more power to your elbow...

Keep going DaveW....

Dave.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 07:56:48 pm »
your 20x times higher mine is about .4% if yours is 85 that 20 times higher!!

are you going to share your secret formula??
I dont get 85%, did I do a typo? I thought I said 4% to 8%

ronnie paton

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 08:00:14 pm »
.4 20times do it on a calculater if you struggle it equals 8.

maths not your strong point??

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 08:02:53 pm »
.4 20times do it on a calculater if you struggle it equals 8.

maths not your strong point??
lol, or it could be I have just got back from a holiday and everyone is speaking to me, and it was a quick reply, send me your leafet and I will give you my opinion on it m8.  ;)

ronnie paton

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:28 pm »
dont have it on computer but its from a company who a lot of people use on here i think they have loads of templates