This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

changing 4 to 6 weeks
« on: December 15, 2007, 04:19:21 pm »
hi
put a post sometime back about cleaning frequency.
seems alot of you guys wfp have gradually changed from 4 weeks or monthly to either 6 weeks or 8 weeks.

keep thinking of changing to 6 weeks as alot of my work is underpriced some as much as 30%.

I'm thinking as others here have said this would help cushion the blow of a big price increase.

I see shiner changed over and was quite a strong beliver in 6 weeks.

I am going for more better priced work or should i re-phrase that to correctly priced work?

Should i tell old customers that i'm extending out the clean time?
I average 5 weeks getting round and would say 90% of people never comment.

I just think i'd be opening a can of worms.
I think that you can't please everyone,
And i'm starting to think that i'm cleaning clean windows i.e can't see much difference; have had quite a few people mentioning this.

don't want to consider 8 weeks as i will have quite a large hole in my round and my wallet :(

what say you lot.
thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

LWC

Re: changing 4 to 6 weeks
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:29:26 pm »
go for it, i got that busy that 6 weeks is about right, cough sometimes more!

most people dont batter an eyelid. i didnt even tell them...

but sounds a good idea, "as of next month the price is going up from £** to £**...but i am now starting to clean it every 6 weeks intead of 4"

i like the sound of it...good for you. and good for them. if you were charging them £8 every 4, in 12 weeks will cost them £24...put the price to £10, and then the price would be £20 for every 12 weeks, saving them £4... ;)

good reasoning i like

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 11:36:03 pm »
hi
put a post sometime back about cleaning frequency.
seems alot of you guys wfp have gradually changed from 4 weeks or monthly to either 6 weeks or 8 weeks.

keep thinking of changing to 6 weeks as alot of my work is underpriced some as much as 30%.

I'm thinking as others here have said this would help cushion the blow of a big price increase.

I see shiner changed over and was quite a strong beliver in 6 weeks.

I am going for more better priced work or should i re-phrase that to correctly priced work?

Should i tell old customers that i'm extending out the clean time?
I average 5 weeks getting round and would say 90% of people never comment.

I just think i'd be opening a can of worms.
I think that you can't please everyone,
And i'm starting to think that i'm cleaning clean windows i.e can't see much difference; have had quite a few people mentioning this.

don't want to consider 8 weeks as i will have quite a large hole in my round and my wallet :(

what say you lot.
thanks lee

My changing to 6 weekly happened many years ago - long before I even thought about WFP.  It was customer led really as I had a lot of custies doing the "not today thanks" number and quite a few more who were clamouring for 2 monthly.  In the end I told (NOT asked) them that from then on I would be supplying a 6 weekly service.  I lost a few 2 monthly jobs but I didn't really want to keep them anyway.  Most of the 2 monthlies went along with it.  I didn't put up the prices though even though I had many underpriced jobs.  A missed opportunity I think.  Most of my original work I gave away after a few years anyway and concentrated on better paying work.
These days I very occasaionally get someone ask about 12 weekly.  A £10 customer has just written to me requesting this.  I will politely decline.  Also, I have a much lower rate of "not today thankyous".  This may be because I work 6 weekly or it may be that I just project a more businesslike attitude (or perhaps a bit of both).

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 11:43:38 pm »
I used to but these days i don`t have any problem with telling customers there wil be an increase in the price or the frequency i will be calling,you can`t run your business for a handfull of customers.If it needs to go up put it up,in the past i have doubled my prices when taking over work from my father with customers not even questioning it,not to my face anyway  i`ve continued to clean them for many years since and they`ve been canvassed by other wc` also since the increase.

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 07:10:31 am »
I would not recommend hitting all your customers in one go. Make an action list and start with the worst paying jobs first. Then work your way progressively through the list.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:27 am »
I am finding that now im wfp windows are staying cleaner longer. Custys have gone to 6 weekly as they have been commenting about the need not to be cleaned so often.

This has been great for business as I have picked up more work from recomendations.

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 03:51:48 pm »
thanks everyone
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Clear Vision

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:02:46 pm »
lee.

You will have mail in 10 mins  ;)

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 05:07:56 pm »
You`ll earn far more working 6 weekly,and then once people start to like it and tell there freinds you`ll be chasing your tail all over again,it amazes me how quickly 8 weekly comes round let how quick it would seem working everything monthly.I reckon if all my work was monthly i`d have enough for 2 or 3 rounds.