This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ladders

UNDERCUTTING ?
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:06:56 am »
Is it acceptable to undercut a another local window cleaner in your area, this has happend to me on a commercial job, this contract is now being done at less than half price ?
LADDERS.
For every problem there is a solution

dave0123

Re: UNDERCUTTING ?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:29:27 am »
Commercial is very competitve!!

Companys usally go for the cheapest price.. the person who won the contract propberly doesnt even no anyone elses prices thats how it works.
Dave.

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 12:34:00 am »
The answers is YES, cheep labour so they can.
The only way you can stop it is ALL join association in the UK who will back you.

Art

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 12:11:17 pm »
The answers is YES, cheep labour so they can.
The only way you can stop it is ALL join association in the UK who will back you.

Can you explain how joinning an organisation is going to stop clients going for the cheapest price?

Arthur

mk1

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 12:23:03 pm »
compation is very hot round my way a large firm (3 or4 vans wfp 2 guys in each van) are doin any 3-4 bed house for a £5.00 for the first 3 monthly cleans then after that a £10.00  :o :o spent a lot of money on kit trying to corner the market ............lost a couple to them but not all by along way  ;) ;)

bluez

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 04:00:21 pm »
I think this undercutting issue is just sour grapes, when or where has anyone ever seen any other business going on about it. I understand that we all feel ped off when we lose out to another service provider but thats business. I have been reported to the revenue, h&S and bad mouthed by other w/c because of so called undercutting but the plain facts of the matter are that I have when asked or when tenders have been put out to quote and if I like the job I put in my best price and if I get it f### the begrudgers.

I have never gone looking for another w/c's job but if his custys ring me up or are refered because we do a good job for others then that is his hard luck.

I f I lose a job to another w/c I generally look at my own operation and see how I could have done it better or at a better price and if possible I will speak to the custy and see where I went wrong. In my experience most of my custys will come to me first to give me the option to adjust my price before changing.

Stop whinging and get on with it same as any other business is my answer
hi

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:48:32 am »
I agree with Bluez. Competitive pricing is what business is all about.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 08:47:03 am »
Is it acceptable to undercut a another local window cleaner in your area, this has happend to me on a commercial job, this contract is now being done at less than half price ?
LADDERS.
I personally do not undercut another window cleaners price, I set my prices that work for them, I do not drop the price to get a job, if I am cheaper than the other which alot of the time I am not so be it, I do not go after others work never have.
The problem with undercutting is simple, if people keep doing it the ones that undercut will go out of business in the end as they will be working for peanuts, I never get into the bartering prices down with any customer, I just say my price and thats it. If they ask why I just say, if I was going to do it cheaper I would have given you a cheaper quote wouldnt I  ::)

I do not want a round full of cheap customers, they are not loyal as they wait for the next donkey to come along then move, people that do are mad IMO

this is only IMO so keep toys in pram please.

Ian

simon knight

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 08:53:09 am »
LADDERS.
I personally do not undercut another window cleaners price, I set my prices that work for them, I do not drop the price to get a job, if I am cheaper than the other which alot of the time I am not so be it, I do not go after others work never have.
The problem with undercutting is simple, if people keep doing it the ones that undercut will go out of business in the end as they will be working for peanuts, I never get into the bartering prices down with any customer, I just say my price and thats it. If they ask why I just say, if I was going to do it cheaper I would have given you a cheaper quote wouldnt I  ::)

I do not want a round full of cheap customers, they are not loyal as they wait for the next donkey to come along then move, people that do are mad IMO

this is only IMO so keep toys in pram please.

Ian

Absolutely 110% agree with you. Your price is your price and if happens to be cheaper than somebody elses....tough!

MJH

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 09:11:11 am »
People undercut me on commercial regularly and vice versa it is competitive!!

On a few jobs recently i have found out what the other quotes are that have been put in, that helps in getting jobs..