Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

Biggest Domestic xmas Tip
« on: December 14, 2007, 05:54:57 pm »
Got a xmas card from a custy in the post yesterday with a message thanking me for doing my job & that they realy appreciate me :o ( i know, it's taken me this long to get back up on my feet! )
It contained 30 quid for a xmas tip, the job itself is 15 quid. they paid me last time so the whole 30 quid is a tip, I do get on well with them & have a chat & laugh with them when i'm there but i also do this with most of my custys.
So, just wondering what is your biggest tip from a domestic customer??
(apart from "don't eat yellow snow etc. etc. )

tony

simon knight

Re: Biggest Domestic xmas Tip
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:08:07 pm »

£20

drakestar!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:16:19 pm »
£35 football ticket

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 06:21:28 pm »
£3 so far closely followed by £2.50

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 06:30:59 pm »
Lots of £5, best was £10. All gratefully received.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:55 pm »
Buy some new kit and a new van and you won`t get anything. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Conflagration2000

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:22 pm »
£10 from a lady who lives on her own. Bugger all from a really posh cottage with two Mercs parked in the drive >:(
Just like that

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 06:39:59 pm »
Ah, well, how do you think they got the two mercs? Its nearly always those who can't really afford it who are the kindest.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 06:40:06 pm »
I don`t expect tips really although it`s nice as a sign of apreciation i suppose,i`d rather price hard all year round rather than have a few extra quid for xmas.

macmac

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 06:45:40 pm »
I don`t expect tips really although it`s nice as a sign of apreciation i suppose,i`d rather price hard all year round rather than have a few extra quid for xmas.

My mentality too, i appreciate a good year-round commitment to any tip but, like i said, i'm taken aback a little with the comment of appreciation & 30 quid! maybe it's just my good looks :P

tony

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 06:47:14 pm »
I know some WC`s there prices are so bad that they rely on there xmas tips.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 07:03:14 pm »
£10 biggest also 2 bottles of wine
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

alanwilson

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 07:20:16 pm »
just got handed a £10 tip today from a lady in a not so flash house, as usual those who can, don't and those who can't, do.

the rest teach!!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

julianbiggs

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 07:47:37 pm »
We weren't gonna mention it but we do a £3 million house overlooking a very nice national golf course which is a very good payer. Takes two of us 6 hours to do from 8am - 2pm. We did it today and received a £100 tip....EACH!!!

Then again he has just sold his business for 40 million!!!

Not complaining though

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:14:51 pm »
My best one so far this year has been £9.  The job is for £31.  I was very grateful and it was well received.  I never tout for tips as I think that's unprofessional and a bit off so it's nice when someone makes such a lovely gesture.  I've had an £8 tip as well, a couple of fivers and a few one and two pounders.  I never expect a tip so it's extra nice when I get one.  I do pass some of it on as well.  I gave my postie a fiver the other day.  He's an OK guy and bear in mind, he puts between a quarter and a third of my income through my letter box.  If I bump into the binmen I'll give them something too.

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:44 pm »
Hi,
It's your friendly tax inspector here.
So far we have 10 peoplewho had better fill in their tax returns correctly next time with some pounds sterling mentioned in the relevant graturities box.
You have been warned people, so does anyone want to better £100 times 2?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 08:36:43 pm »
Hi,
It's your friendly tax inspector here.
So far we have 10 peoplewho had better fill in their tax returns correctly next time with some pounds sterling mentioned in the relevant graturities box.
You have been warned people, so does anyone want to better £100 times 2?

Sure thing.  I'm aware it's taxable.  My accountant declares it.  Some people tip by just writing a higher cheque anyway.  Although I understand why tips are taxable, I do feel that the taxman should be more even handed and give tax relief to the tippers.

Davew

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 08:38:04 pm »
Got a xmas card from a custy in the post yesterday with a message thanking me for doing my job & that they realy appreciate me :o ( i know, it's taken me this long to get back up on my feet! )
It contained 30 quid for a xmas tip,
tony

Come on admit it Tony, we all know it was a certain pole manufacturer that paid you that. ::)

dai

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 08:47:25 pm »
£10 up to now. I have three postmen as customers, not a penny tip from any of them, tight sods I always tip my postman.
The way I look at it, what ever I make in tips comes nowhere near what I lose in bad debts. Sod the tax man

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 09:00:40 pm »
So far best this year £12 on a £12 house
Couple of tenners
Handful of fivers
And a £1.20! (bless!)
It's a game of three halves!