Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

need a cleaner

XTel clamps
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:58:55 pm »
my Xtel clamp come of the 2nd section, does this happen often , i dont really have the pole that long and it as not have that much use as i only have 45 clients ??? ???

DASERVICES

Re: XTel clamps
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 06:08:58 pm »
Yes they do , very annoying. What probably has happened is the tape that stops the pole from coming out has come off. You will have to strip the pole and add a section of tape where the old tape was.

need a cleaner

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:18:35 pm »
you are reffering to the botom of the section, but what happen was that the clamp actualy got of the top section, basicly its lose it locks the next section but because its loose its just no good.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:20:54 pm »
This has been a fault from the factory with the last batch they shipped in from Finland.  Basically the machine that squirts glue is not squirting enough glue on some of the clamps. To fix it, use an epoxy resin type glue, put a small amount on the end of the pole section, push the clamp back down onto it, wipe off any excess and allow to set.

It's a pain but easily fixed.

need a cleaner

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 06:28:22 pm »
where can i get some from ???

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 06:30:59 pm »
B&Q, Asda. The easiest stuff is in the twin chamber syringes.  You could try Superglue if you've got some at home.  Depending which clamp it is (some are a tighter fit than others) Superglue may well do the job.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 07:03:52 pm »
I had one from this batch and I had to glue it with epoxy resin. In all honesty I don't think them xtel poles are up to the job of window cleaning, both 17ft ones I have are spinning with the clamps closed on the top section, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 08:04:17 pm »
luke, did you tighten up the screw, thats what i had to do,

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 08:17:02 pm »
Yes I've tightened them but its still rubbish and also cleaned the poles, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

geefree

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 09:44:44 pm »
i have one also from this " batch " ::).... same one , middle clamp... and also spinning brush every other day no matter how i tighten it , its still the same..... i have used the glue recomended by alex.... and many more expensive waterproof glues, they last around 3 days before having to sit down and re-glue them... i think the pole is excellent for versitility and weight , easily fits in the van too.... its just a shame it really is .

Gary.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 09:46:47 pm »
I feel the same as you Gary, its just the right length and weight but the spinning really lets it down, Luke

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:03 pm »
You do have to make sure that you clean and prepare both surfaces before re-gluing.  Scrape the old glue off the pole end and then using a bit of sand paper, abrade the inside surface of the clamp.  This will give something for your glue to bond on to.  Might help - it did for me.

geefree

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 09:51:24 pm »
hi alex,

the pole comes away from the clamp leaving the glue part showing.... but the clamp inner sleeve stays put... inside the clamp.... its nearly impossible to sand inside.. and even harder to glue any of it... as when i put a layer of glue on the pole bit.... it all comes off as i slide it back in and vice versa.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 09:53:34 pm »
I sanded both sides and managed to get glue on both surfaces, Luke

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 09:54:31 pm »
I know it's difficult.  If you take a piece of sandpaper about 6 cm square, curl the smooth side around the section and slide up under the clamp and then twist the clamp around on it - seems to work.  Some people have had no problem re-gluing, others like myself glued once and it came undone 2 days later, I then had to prep both surfaces as above and it worked and has stayed glued 3 months later.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:04 pm »
I dismantled the entire pole so I could do it properly. I just sanded both surfaces and applied a thin layer of epoxy resin to both sides, I then wiped away the excess that squeezed out. The hardest part was dismantling the pole!!

jouk45

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 09:59:27 pm »
i have discovered a fault in the extel, i took of the top section on  mine yesterday as i am addapting  my xtel to a rotary window cleaning brush,  i will email alex with my findings,

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 10:01:18 pm »
You will give us some videos of that rotary brush won't you!!!!

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 10:06:38 pm »
yes i will luke, its realy good, i think its well underestimated,  the brush on it is brilliant, i am working out a simple system that anyone can use,

NWH

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 10:08:14 pm »
The clamps on these poles are not heavy duty enough,there flimsey and break easily.