This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Backpack problem
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:28:38 pm »
Ok ok,one or two of you are gonna say " I told ya so  >:( ) but after tellin a few people a couple of weeks ago that i was just about to take delivery of my 3rd backy from ebay,with no previous problems.....s*ds law,it's all gone belly up. #1 the plastic moulding on the corner was paper thin and after 1 day a leak occured. Emailed etc etc, he apologised and said that it's only covered under the warranty if it's still in the US. No prob, i got some two part epoxy and glued it from the inside. It's holding out fine and the guy has offered as an apology to offer me a significant discount next time i buy one. #2 (and the real b*gger) is the pump is makin all sorts of noises and i have to have the pump on number 3 to do what number 2 normally would. Is the pump a dud or can it be sorted gang. Sometimes it acts better than others but i admit............i'm a tad nervous. If it is terminal,then it's "only £115"  :-[ down the swanny but i'm hoping ol backy can be given some tlc before giving it its last rites :( Thanx Cleanitup crew..........Dino

Pole2pole

Re: Backpack problem
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:18:23 pm »
Please 'elp  ;)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 08:36:56 pm »
buy from window cleaning wharehouse mate . what you save on ebay minght be a few pound . at least you would have a warrenty in this country.
where theres muck theres money

Elginn

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 08:59:49 pm »
From what I read, even those of us who buy are BP from the UK, wont have a warrenty, the manufacturers say there not designed for W/C

LWC

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 09:05:00 pm »
From what I read, even those of us who buy are BP from the UK, wont have a warrenty, the manufacturers say there not designed for W/C

i did when mine broke last month  ;)

but it was mentioned they aint designed fo window cleaning

Pole2pole

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »
Ok so it looks like i'm up the creek here,so...how hard would it be to replace pump with my old(but still fully functional) pump from my old backpack? Also,would a new one from "this" side of the pond work with a backpack from over there.................?

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:34:47 pm »
Dino,

New pump is £50 + Delivery + Vodka And Tonic from Cleantech and fairly easy to replace.  Give me a ring during the day on 07815106363 and I'll explain how.

David

PS a new tank is about £60 -£70
Not Perfect - But Honest

LWC

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 07:32:29 am »
swapping a pump would be easy mate, unscrew the old one, and some of the gubbins...and swap over

dai

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 08:58:30 pm »
D Salkfkeld. Hiow did you get on with trying number three setting instead of number two?.
I am working a lot faster with the same amount of water. Dai

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 08:59:54 pm »
What with using 3 instead of 2,do you find you use the same amount of water with 3 instead of 2.

dai

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 06:02:45 pm »
Using 3 instead of 2 means I can work faster, and because I work faster I use no more water than I did using number 2 setting, so the only difference is I get the job done quicker. I wish I had done it from the start. Try it for yourself. dai

NWH

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 06:04:08 pm »
I didn`t realise until yesterday that the red light flashes when the battery is low.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 05:43:29 pm »
Dai,

How long have you had your BP?
Do you use it all the time?

The reason I ask is that I have bought a new BP and found it far better than the old one :D
I have had my old gal for 20 months.  Used all the time and she now runs a bit slower than the new one and noisier ???
Now I reckon her old pump is a bit worn and don't perform as good as it should.
That might be why you are finding setting 3 better.  You haven't noticed the pump weakening but I dare bet if you used a new one you would notice the difference ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 05:49:02 pm »
Dai, Dave, anyone,

I've always used setting number three, even with a new backpack.  It gives a better squirt and allows you to work quicker. 

I reckon it does use more water, but not a lot more; and the time saved rinsing more than makes up for it.

dai

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 09:39:46 pm »
I don't use mine every day, it's really only for stand alone jobs and I don't have many.
Like Tosh, I found that by increasing the flow I can work faster, and in most cases not use any more water over the day.
I say most cases because you can't really work much faster if your doing three floor jobs, not with my alloy pole anyway, But you can really fly on ground floor work using a short[3ft] pole, and that 3 ft pole is superb when doing conservatories where the space is limited. Some conservatory sides being only a couple of feet from a fence or wall.
I have now increased the flow on my main trolley system with the same affect. I finished at 3.45 today where I used to have to work till 5pm. I carry 10x 25 litre containers on the van, and I usually come back with two having worked all day on a compact round. I now do the work an hour quicker for the cost of about 30 litres of water over the day. I wish I had done it a lot sooner. Dai