This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

What would happen..
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:13 pm »
If the waste outlet were to freeze whilst my ro was pumping overnight?

Alex Gardiner

Re: What would happen..
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 02:29:03 pm »
If the RO was then left running for several hours it could damage the membranes.

If this has already happened, then flush the membranes for 10-15 minutes and see what the product TDS and production rates are like. If they are the same as usual you have 'got-away' with it.

MJH

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 02:47:32 pm »
if the water was flowing continuously out of the waste outlet it would be very unlikely to freeze even England doesn't get that cold!!

Davew

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 03:55:45 pm »
As far as i know it didn't freeze but my outlet does go out through the wall and into a drainpipe on my garage. It only thought about it this morning when i got up. My ro is well wrapped in bubblewrap. I don't think it would take much to freeze the waste pipe because of the small diameter and fairly small flow. Just checked tds and it's reading 004 so all seems well (and that's before di). Something to watch out for in future though.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29:24 pm »
As far as i know it didn't freeze but my outlet does go out through the wall and into a drainpipe on my garage. It only thought about it this morning when i got up. My ro is well wrapped in bubblewrap. I don't think it would take much to freeze the waste pipe because of the small diameter and fairly small flow. Just checked tds and it's reading 004 so all seems well (and that's before di). Something to watch out for in future though.
dave can you not insulate the waste pipe? I got some silver insulation stuff from b&Q it is really thin silver stuff.

Ian