Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Its Time Suppliers Gave a Guarantee on Parts
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:52:14 pm »
Over the past year I have had problems with suppliers not giving Guarantees or refusing to honour one.

Two suppliers are involved

i will give the one today a little Credit they did agree to look at part if I senfd it back but not replace.

We are now talking over £300 of parts that only lasted two months.

I do not think this is satisfactory and not the correct way for the industry to behave.

The one today would have given a three month Guarantee if they fiitted it still not good enough.

Am I being unreasonable to expect a part to last a year.

What do you think is reasonable. Just realised worse than that got a machine back from a replier for a repair they Pact Tested it aswell when  I went to use it it did not start

As I id not test it on return and it arrived back three weeks ago its another Tough

So we are now up to £400 where is Nicky Campbell and Watchdog

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Its Time Suppliers Gave a Guarantee on Parts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 10:00:14 pm »
Like all guarantees there are those that can take advantage of them also when ordering say a vac motor how do tey know how well you will fit it or what chemical you are using? With added competition from the net and the profit margins I agree there should be some guarantee.

Ken Wainright and others say that buying a wand you should try before you buy but how can you without taking it away with you for a week? some but not many suppliers will let you I know Hydramaster let me try out their drimaster hand tool but if you were going to spend say £300-400 even £1000 in some cases wouldn't it be prudent to try first?

It's like a guarantee that you are going to like it AND keep buying from said company.

Shaun

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 01:25:42 am »
If you have a good product, the easiest way to flog it is to let people use it for a week and then try to take it off them.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:05:21 am »
Ian

Sale of good act! then trading standards. failing that I always send the wife in. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Neil Grainger

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 06:00:33 am »
Len

Sounds like my wife, she is the master of returning used thing and getting her money back.

Ian

Name and shame, thats what these forums are for, it will be amazing how quick you will get a call from them if you name and shame.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:52:08 am »
Len, just cut out the messing - I send the wife in first.

I must be missing something, I thought all new goods had a 12 month warranty!
Obviously not.

But then what Shaun says make sense - ie order a vac motor, how do they know you will fit correct and not abuse etc.

Having said that, sounds like some don't want to know if there is a problem and thats what I call poor service which is good for us all to know - and the ones who give good service too.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 08:29:41 am »
As I understand the Sale of Goods Act it does not apply to Commercial Transactions.

Regarding Name and Shame I could  but first I would like to know how  long you think a teplacement pump should last.

The other part was a motor for a power brush

Hopefully the machine that did not start is a wire worked loose but have not had time to look yet

Also has anyone else experienced similiar problems with suppliers.

One supplier has told me that he had supplied a part he would relace it up to year.. 

If any supplier is looking in we would like your perspective no need to be shy .

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:19:57 am »
I have been lucky and never had to claim on a guarantee,but I think this behaviour from suppliers is appalling.
Regardless of whether an item is purchased by a member of the public or by a business user such as a carpet cleaner,that part would be covered by a manufacturers warranty,12 months minimum is pretty standard.
The suppliers are shying away from their responsibility and trading standards should be made aware of this.-John

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:27 pm »
Can only speak for ourselves but we endeavour to please our customers. Any problems are sorted as soon as physically possible.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 04:29:02 pm »
Reluctantly I will name them

Pump came from Woodbridge. and if you remember Saga of Pump  made an appointment for repair drove 80 miles arrived bang on time had it recorded I was coming . John said oh I only meant to look at it cant have our men standing around all day waiting for you.

Machine not working Woodbridge

Power Brush  Motor Ashbys  although did say they would look at it but refused to give guarantee.

Supplier  who said would give a years Guarantee Nick at Soultions

In contrast to above when I made appointment with Alltec  I was dealt with promptly but have not tested them on faulty parts.

I thought long and hard but I think we need to ask questions of suppliers.

This industry needs to work together, ok I might not be a best customer .

When I was in Retail we had a saying

The Customer is the reason we are in business.

Following Year

Make Customers Matter.

Today I just did a service call on a customer who complained about spots 8 weeks after clean.

Did I complain No.  Did I woory its costing me No   Did I tell her tough No

Even if I thought she was taking liberties I did it. As thats what its all about.

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 04:45:55 pm »
A supplier is only as good as the Mfg. behind the goods, that said, you get what you pay for, a supplier as well as a Mfg. that are profitable are in a better position to warranty some "gray" area stuff, this is where the service part of your purchase comes in, that bit you might have paid a little extra for. You will not get this same service from a discount store, they simply can't.

So in the end it is service in a service industry, buy from people you trust and like to deal with.

It never amazes me how carpet cleaners will complain about cheap customers, but turn around and try to save a few and buy the discount item form the discount supplier instead of the premium.

I beleive it starts at the top and rolls down from there, so we as Mfgs. absolutley buy the best materials damn the cost.

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 04:57:18 pm »
Solutions and Ashbys aren't exactly cheap though.

Woodbridge you pays your money and cross your fingers.

Ian Puckett

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:05:47 pm »
didnt ian say that it was soltions who say they would give a year

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:06:58 pm »
Have found Restormate to be brilliant when problems arise they also give a 12 month guarantee

stevegunn

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »
didnt ian say that it was soltions who say they would give a year

Alright Nick ::)

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 05:10:52 pm »
Ian

Well one of us is reading it wrong.

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:12:21 pm »
It shouldn't matter who you buy the item from,that item is still covered by a manufacturers warranty.
If you buy a pump for example 500 quid and find the same pump elsewhere for 350 quid,the warranty should be the same as this is provided by the manufacturer not the supplier,although it is the suppliers responsibility to handle any claims.
You should not be expected to pay your money and take a chance.
This is not just a case of who honours warranties and who doesn't,it is more a case of providing an after sales service,which it seems at least 2 companies do not,and one company does.-John

stevegunn

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 05:15:15 pm »
I had problems with Ashbys some years ago with a pump that went on my machine after 9 months would not honour warranty as it had not had 6 month service

garyj

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 05:23:04 pm »
I had problems with Ashbys some years ago with a pump that went on my machine after 9 months would not honour warranty as it had not had 6 month service

Isn't that part of the guarantee though, if it had the 6 month service it might not have gone. Steve, do you work at Restormate because I knew 30 mins ago that you were going to post something saying how great they are.

stevegunn

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 05:32:19 pm »
Was not told about 6 month service until after the event.Derek was fine about the fact it had not had service but Martin would not budge.

I wish I worked for restormate think of my shares ;D Just happy with the service I receive from them as I am with hydra-master,matt at cleansmart,Ben at furniture clinic and Amtech