Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

Residential homes internally
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:59:02 pm »
Hi

Just got two residential nursing homes for the elderly.

One is out side only, the other is in and out which i done the inside today for the first time.

My question is do any of you have a chaperone just to be in the same room as yourselves as i felt very uneasy being in the room  on my own when there are valuables laying about and people asleep in there beds 

Marcus...

NWH

Re: Residential homes internally
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 05:06:11 pm »
It`s got to be done on trust,that`s why i think these licensing things are good it tells the owner your the real deal and not a fly by night,it wouldn`t get rid of all the idiots but it would get rid of most of them.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 05:12:15 pm »
I used to do London schools years ago.  We had to do everything, inside and out.  When we did the insides we would prop the door open with the bucket so not only would everyone know which room we were in, they could see if we were up to no good ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 05:23:44 pm »
When I've done nursing homes I've done it the same as Ian Lancaster.  Also I give the staff the option of following us around and make sure I ask what rooms I can go in.  In nursing homes you'll get the occasional stiff which I see as a good reason to skip that room.

Simon.

MNWC

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 05:48:28 pm »
yeah it was a bit of an eye opener myself

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 05:54:29 pm »
Some of the old folk give me money for doing there room windows,i just give it back to the receptionist before i leave,just dont kneel on the seats when your doing the inside windows,or your end up with wet knees...  ;D

Walter Pole

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 05:55:09 pm »
The one and only nursing home I do, I make sure the manager follows me around from room to room....not that I am in the least bit tempted to take/do anything I shouldn't but it covers me in case...'the window cleaner must have taken/done it'  ::)
taking panes to exceed expectations

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 07:03:33 pm »
Hi

One is out side only, the other is in and out which i done the inside today for the first time.

My question is do any of you have a chaperone just to be in the same room as yourselves as i felt very uneasy being in the room  on my own when there are valuables laying about and people asleep in there beds 

Marcus...
To be honest I had never ever thought about that, but I see your point, will do that in future, as you never know.

squeejay

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:12:27 pm »
Hi

Marcus...
also you would need to be crb checked to walk around on your own just like the nursing staff have to be to work with vunerable people and there are some dodgy people out there. i insist someone walks round with me to enter the rooms first.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:08 pm »
I do a nursing home, they wanted the inside bedrooms done on an ad hoc basis, but I declined, the place seemed to stink at first, I dont notice it now whenever I go in to do the communal doors.

Anyway, there have been occasions when Im doing the outsides and there have been items lying in the bushes which have quite obviously been thrown out the window by an unprofessional member of staff, things which should go in the yellow clinical waste bins. I collared the manager about it once and she had some bod go round clearing it all up.

Therefore, be careful inside too, particularly private rooms, there can be all sorts of uncleared waste products about. Thats for your safety, nothing to do with your working practices or professionalism.

Matt