This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

Am I Mad???
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:18 am »
Off to do some townhouses soon and the only thing that puts me off the job is having to "try" and rinse off the glass at 20 odd feet in the air. It'd be ok to rinse on at a decent flow rate wouldn't it???? Please say yes,lol  ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: Am I Mad???
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:29:56 am »
Dino,

What pole are you using?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:31:25 am »
Off to do some townhouses soon and the only thing that puts me off the job is having to "try" and rinse off the glass at 20 odd feet in the air. It'd be ok to rinse on at a decent flow rate wouldn't it???? Please say yes,lol  ;)
I rinsed off at 30 ft plus lol

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:32:18 am »
Universal Dave with i vikan brush  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:33:05 am »
Cheapskate aint i?  ;D

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:42:40 am »
Dino,

A bit like my old Unger 30foot beast, heavy and bendy ::)

I used to rince ON at 20 - 30 ft, nobody complained ;)

But now I use a CF Fishing pole, lighter AND stiffer, can rince OFF easily.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 08:53:03 am »
I rinse with the brush off all the time at around 30ft with a predator pole.

I did once however try to rinse with brush off at 42ft with an old heavy pole... Ouch! I almost dropped the pole backwards onto a car  :-[    Never again!

Andy

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 01:26:12 pm »
surely you would rinse off with the brush away from the glass at any height? 80ft  60 ft 45ft ..... it can nee be too difficult when the pole is vertical ?

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:37:07 pm »
wrong jon......it takes alot o strength and accuracy to make sure ya not rinsing too close to above the frame where dirt could be lingering. And if ya got an obstacle in the way to prevent ya standin where ya wanna stand, then the weight of the pole can multiply just like that. Well it certainly feels that way.or am i being a wuss CIU?  ;)

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 02:51:50 pm »
Wow i rinse of everytime and those heights i have done a 45-50ft before now. im using a facelift 56ft
P&R Window Cleaning

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 05:09:49 pm »
Compromise:

Tilt the brush so the leading end is on the glass, and the trailing end off.  As you sweep across, the last thing to touch the glass will be the rinse water.  Tilt the brush the other way and sweep back, keep doing this all the way down the glass.

Easy when you know how ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 05:13:48 pm »
Compromise:

Tilt the brush so the leading end is on the glass, and the trailing end off.  As you sweep across, the last thing to touch the glass will be the rinse water.  Tilt the brush the other way and sweep back, keep doing this all the way down the glass.

Easy when you know how ;)
Damn, I do that sometimes, but someone's already invented it then!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:17:19 pm »
Your all using the wrong brush,rinsing on the glass i only do on very first cleans and at 20ft + on first cleans i rinse on the glass.On my day to day work i rinse on the glass always,there is NO need to rinse off the glass with the right flow rate and brush,if you don`t have desent mono brush cut the flock bits off of your brush with a very sharp pair of scissors you`ll find you need to cut off about 1/8 of an inch,this will free up the bristles and allow the dirt and water to flow out of the brush better,if your convinced that you have to rinse off the glass then like i said you using the wrong brush.

Pole2pole

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 06:53:44 pm »
so is the vikan mono ok then? I guess i'm answering my own question here  :)

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 06:59:30 pm »
Vikan flocked,fan jets, high flow, and rinse on I can knock out perfect jobs all day long in seconds.

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 07:08:53 pm »
Your all using the wrong brush,rinsing on the glass i only do on very first cleans and at 20ft + on first cleans i rinse on the glass.On my day to day work i rinse on the glass always,there is NO need to rinse off the glass with the right flow rate and brush,if you don`t have desent mono brush cut the flock bits off of your brush with a very sharp pair of scissors you`ll find you need to cut off about 1/8 of an inch,this will free up the bristles and allow the dirt and water to flow out of the brush better,if your convinced that you have to rinse off the glass then like i said you using the wrong brush.
NWH, i only rinse off, maybe i do have the wrong brush I dont know, I have a vikan rectangle with red bristels, if i had rinsed on then there would be dirt still on the glass, i noticed this when doing downstairs windows the brush holds the dirt at the ends, I may well be doing something wrong but at the moment rinse off is the only option to have windows clean.

Ian

billygoat

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 07:14:46 pm »
I rinse on all the time and have no complaints,its so much easier and less wear and tear on your body.

Oh and I use the unger beast with addis mono brush,quality kit ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 07:19:09 pm »
I see little point in rinsing off the glass in most instances, and the higher you go the less I'd personally recommend it.
Think about what is happening when you clean WFP, you are rinsing constantly, there is a constant flow of clean water, and all the time you are agitating your brush the bristles are continually being cleaned.

Spotting is caused not by large, visible particles, but by particles small enough to be virtually dissolved in the water and then left behind when the water has evaporated.
A grain of sand will not cause spotting, neither will a piece of grit, or several pieces of grit for that matter, it's the dust on the grain of sand or grit that will cause the spotting.
If you do your job properly, there is little need to rinse OFF the glass, I guess that potentially a flocked vikan brush could cause problems, but I can't comment on them because I haven't personally used them.

There are certainly occasions when i will feel I need to rinse off the glass, but 95% of the time there is no need to do so. by doing so you are just using more water than you need to and taking more time than needed too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Pole2pole

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2007, 07:21:23 pm »
Alex.......do your 28cm Vikan Mono-Filament Rectangular Jetted Brushes come with 2 mill inside diameter jets as standard??? I think i need to get one of these. I'm tom dick or rinsing off at height.  :(

macmac

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 07:39:42 pm »
Like Ian says, if you clean the glass enough in the first place there is no need to rinse off the glass in at least 95% of situations. It also helps if you keep your brush as clean as possible by smacking your hand through it now'n again just to get the main crap out. ;) To rinse off at over 30ft is a joke & un-nessesary IMO.

tony