Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Trouble on its way...
« on: December 09, 2007, 11:57:54 pm »
Leafletted a new area last Friday and Saturday. Had a phone call tonight from a new customer. His old window cleaner had refused to do the frames. The customer took on a new cleaner in the area who would do the frames but after threats from the old guy the new cleaner backed off out of the area completley. The old cleaner told the customer out straing nobody but him could do the area (his patch!!)

I guess I will be getting a phone call in a few days.

Cleaner Windows

Re: Trouble on its way...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:38 am »
the man sounds like a right twonk! nobody owns an area do they, I hate wc'rs with attitudes like that. I driven through estates etc before with my ladder and bucket and seen a window cleaner giving me evils for just me being there! silly people!

Its the customers choice who they employ to clean their windows, so how this bloke your on about has the nerve to bully people is just pathetic  ::)
when I'm cleaning windows

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 08:02:02 am »
the man sounds like a right twonk! nobody owns an area do they, I hate wc'rs with attitudes like that. I driven through estates etc before with my ladder and bucket and seen a window cleaner giving me evils for just me being there! silly people!

Its the customers choice who they employ to clean their windows, so how this bloke your on about has the nerve to bully people is just pathetic  ::)
if you get a funny look, stop van get out and go and see them I do, never had a problem yet, I think it is the unknown that scares this type of window cleaner.

davids3511

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:15:37 am »
I agree window washers. I have had many conversations that start out threaning but once they figure out they are not being undercut, it sorts itself out. Basically I say that if you charge a fiver (most do around here) and your customer is willing to pay me £10.00 than you should be looking at yourself, not blaming me.

Neil271052

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 12:03:29 pm »

if you get a funny look, stop van get out and go and see them I do, never had a problem yet, I think it is the unknown that scares this type of window cleaner.

I agree.

Always good to get on a friendly footing with other local WC's.
Cheers,
Neil

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 12:54:22 pm »
I'm not sure it is possible to get on a friendly foot with someone threatning bodily harm if you don't get off their patch, especially when they then go boasting about it to the customer who now has no cleaner. It sounds to me like they need a good kicking, not a handshake.

squeejay

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:29:04 pm »
hi guys  i leafleted an area not so long ago and picked up two or three new custies,then a few days later i went canvassing on the same road and most people were saying we have a window cleaner but he hasnt been for about 4 months and the windows were filthy, so a couple more took me up on my services,so now ive got 5 on the same street, excellent i thought £50 1 1/2 hours work not bad. a few days later i get a text message saying that if i did not stop taking custies i would be in for it. now i am not a violent man but when i got that text i thought i wont get mad i will just let it go over my head. when the next clean came around i thought i would tell my new custies what had happend,and they said that he came back once and only did a couple of houses,so i walked up and down the street looking at the windows when a window cleaner walked round the corner carrying half a wooden ladder 2 inches of dirty water in a bucket and no cloths.
This must be him i thought so followed him back to the other end of the road,when he stopped at a house i said to him excuse me mate why send a text with threats ? he said it wasnt him but i could tell it was, but to be sure i got my phone out and called the number on the message i had recieved and guess what his phone rang in his pocket , i just gave him a dirty look and walked away,he has never been back since and i now do 17 houses on that street.

DONT GET ANGRY BE SMART AND GET EVEN 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;) ;) ;) ;) 

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 03:50:33 pm »
hi guys  i leafleted an area not so long ago and picked up two or three new custies,then a few days later i went canvassing on the same road and most people were saying we have a window cleaner but he hasnt been for about 4 months and the windows were filthy, so a couple more took me up on my services,so now ive got 5 on the same street, excellent i thought £50 1 1/2 hours work not bad. a few days later i get a text message saying that if i did not stop taking custies i would be in for it. now i am not a violent man but when i got that text i thought i wont get mad i will just let it go over my head. when the next clean came around i thought i would tell my new custies what had happend,and they said that he came back once and only did a couple of houses,so i walked up and down the street looking at the windows when a window cleaner walked round the corner carrying half a wooden ladder 2 inches of dirty water in a bucket and no cloths.
This must be him i thought so followed him back to the other end of the road,when he stopped at a house i said to him excuse me mate why send a text with threats ? he said it wasnt him but i could tell it was, but to be sure i got my phone out and called the number on the message i had recieved and guess what his phone rang in his pocket , i just gave him a dirty look and walked away,he has never been back since and i now do 17 houses on that street.

NICE one!  ;D ;D

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 04:32:50 pm »

NICE one!  ;D ;D
yup nice one mate, how amusing ;)  8)
when I'm cleaning windows

Mo

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:05:59 pm »
Leafletted a new area last Friday and Saturday. Had a phone call tonight from a new customer. His old window cleaner had refused to do the frames. The customer took on a new cleaner in the area who would do the frames but after threats from the old guy the new cleaner backed off out of the area completley. The old cleaner told the customer out straing nobody but him could do the area (his patch!!)

I guess I will be getting a phone call in a few days.

Don't worry davids I will sent my boy round for you

Mo

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 06:06:44 pm »
Don't worry davids I will sent my boy round for you

Mo

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 06:08:03 pm »

lol thats class, bet his face was a picture.