Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Rochester

RO water in TM Tank
« on: December 09, 2007, 08:02:42 pm »
Is there any benefit, or has anyone already tried using purified water in their water feed tank for their TM?

We have the capability of producing 2000 ltrs + of Pure water every day primarily for WFP window cleaning, but if it's going to improve the carpet cleaning then I'll use in for that too.

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: RO water in TM Tank
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:09:10 pm »
I asked this question before and the answer was that it could perish the pump and also corrodes the tool.

Shaun

francis

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 09:32:08 pm »
Shaun
You have to ask yourself the question, what exactly is purified water & what is it that is in it that can corrode your tools?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:06:48 pm »
I asked but nothing forth coming, but with the cost to replace tools and also a £14k TM I thought better of it.

Shaun

liahona

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:15:54 pm »
I dont know what it may or may not do.  But as most truckmounters use soft water to clean with I cant see much point in pure water. 

Best, Dave.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:25:57 pm »
As far as I understand it, purified water is lacking in minerals and thus tends to draw carbon dioxide from the air.  This will make it acidic to a certain extent. But having said that, many rinse carpets etc with an acidic solution in anycase.  So no real difference in what  is flowing its way through parts of your truckmount, hoses & tools

liahona

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 10:34:20 pm »
None of the cleaning solution should go through any part of the truckmount machine.  At least it doesnt on mine.  Just soft water, best, Dave.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 10:40:01 pm »
Fair enough with last stage chemical injection. But purified water is still acidic

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 10:42:24 pm »
Also affects the ions. Water is funny stuff as anyone who has a boat will tell you. It actually eats away at anything metal due to electrolosis.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:27:38 am »
Hi Guys

I suspect the purification also removes disssolved oxygen from the water and this will then redissolve, once the water is exposed to air.

This will cause corrosion .

Cold water can hold more dissolved oxygen so it might not be such a problem with hot.

Cheers

Doug

CARPET KNIGHTS

Derek_Walker

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 01:50:00 pm »
Just a thought, but when the pure water hits the dirt and detergent in the  carpet, would that then unpurify the water giving you no actual benefits from using it.

PaulKing

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 07:27:32 pm »
I'd give it a try sure John Kelly wouldn't mind you trying it out and let us know how it goes.

Can't see a  reason why it would be a problem, your pumps has ceramic pistons with stainless steel valves and the prowler heat exchanger is stainless as well, so can't see any obvious problems. But best to check with him.

There's a lot of hearsay talked about cleaning machines, rember a certain manufacturer telling myself and other that "brand name of cleaning powder" eats your machine! ( they didn't make the product that individual was extolling to them and obviously wanted to blame corrosion on a elbow fitting on something they were not responsible for)

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

John Kelly

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 07:34:25 pm »
The water for water fed poles is only "purified" so that there are no mineral deposits left on the windows. The windows aren't dried so if you used ordinary water when it dried there would be white marks all over it.
Can't see any reason why cleaning carpets with it would give any benefits at all.