This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

Thomsons water seal
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »
some advice on removing thomsons water seal from glass after its dried tin says remove with white spirit while still wet but not much use now its dry ditto meths any ideas?

East coast window cleaning Services

Re: Thomsons water seal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:37:11 pm »
Personally white sprit and a blade but if you aint bladed windows before make sure its soaked spirit and be careful
P&R Window Cleaning

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:58 pm »
tried it needs a lot of spirit to make it safe to scrape and leaves a resdidue if you dont keep soaking it also  one window is over cons used scrim clip but hard to use scraper at range and do it safe and get good result any chemicals anyone can reccomend also not keen on using brushes on these windows after soaking them with spirit will they be okay to clean pole next time or will it contaminate brush??

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:52:38 pm »
Winzer wurth type 10 or 20 might shift it. personally the stuffs the dogs bits for frames but i have used it on glass before and leaves glass crystal clear.
P&R Window Cleaning

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:57:39 pm »
is that a powerful solvent with a real thinners whiff to it a mate of mine who fits windows was showing me something he used to clean frames and soffits with nearly took my head off when i smelled it does that sound familiar?

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 08:00:02 pm »
Spot on thats the gear honestly apart from getting high the stuff is the bees. Bit pricey but go on the winzer wurth site they sell them by the bottle
P&R Window Cleaning

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 08:11:22 pm »
cheers matey ;D my bud said was about ten quid for the bottle he had but i will check their website as well thanks again would have asked this question last week but was banned for swearing :-X

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 08:14:34 pm »
lmao yeah there is some funny ones on here ???
P&R Window Cleaning