This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Ex AA vans.
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:26:50 pm »
Hi folks.
A few months ago I bought a van and it has been a bag of p o o.  Not worked for the last 3 weeks due to this van so I am on the van hunt AGAIN.

Had a drive in an ex AA VW transporter today.  On a 52 plate.  just  a little over 90k miles and in really good nick.  Full service history etc.

From what I can find on the internet people seem to regard these vans quite highly.  As they have a great service record from the AA.

Does anyone on here use one or know of anyone that uses one?  Sorry to go on but after the last van error I made if I buy another lemon I will go under very quickly, so I guess I am a little paranoid. 

Driving another 2 tomorrow but interested on feedback anyone on here may have.
cheers
ant tvcs
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

matt

Re: Ex AA vans.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:57:44 pm »
aye, i know a fair bit about T4's ( inc ex AA's )

it might have only done 90 K miles, but they start the day and the engine doesnt normally get turned off till the end of the day, so mileage might not be high, but its been used )

BUT having said that

BT FLEET the company that lease them to the AA allways service them well

with what i know about them, they are a very good buy

what you paying for it, about 7K ?? ? ??

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »
hi picked up not an aa van but a t4 2.5 tdi its old and done 184000miles but still drives and pulls well generally very reliable they have a good payload too not had any problems with mine had it for a year now

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »
matt.
got the chap down to 4k.  He wanted best part of 5k but I aint got the money for that and the vat.  So a haggle or 2 later and he came down.  I think this time of year traders slow up  abit so you have more chance to haggle.
Most of the ones I see on a 52 plate are all between 4k and 6k.
Test drive, i gave it a good flooring and it pulled like a train :).  Got some more to look at tomorrow.  One being in wakefield.  Only a 3 hour journey from here :'( :'(

Tartan, is yours thirsty on the diesel?  the chap selling the one today said it should do about 35mpg, dont know whether he was full of p oo though.

matt

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 11:09:28 pm »
that 4 K must be plus VAT though ?? ?? ? if not, its a very good buy

the tdi is a nice engine and it will do 30 ish to the gall, which isnt that bad

i went for a for a standard 1.9 diesel with the idea of running it on cheapo veg oil, that same month the price of veg oil decided to rise by 30 p a L :( allways the way

TVCS

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:13:24 pm »
yeah , sorry 4k plus the dreaded vat. 

matt

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 11:20:17 pm »
a little tip for you

make sure its got the imobiliser tag, its a thing that clips on your belt, the aa have them fitted and if the van gets driven off, it cuts out when its a certain distance away from the aa man ( and his fob thing )

they sometimes stuff em down in the drivers seat, make sure you find it and dont lose it

TVCS

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 11:28:41 pm »
Stay clear if it aint there are you saying? 
Didn't see one today but I wasn't looking..

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 11:32:53 pm »
it'll most prob be stuff down the back of the seat, it will be in the van somewhere otherwise the van wouldnt have driven,  i know of some1 who got a ex aa van and his young lad found the fob and was playing with it and then lost it, thus the van wouldnt move, bt fleet do have a way to override some of them, but some of them they dont :(

saying that, it might have been taken out, they dont normally though

TVCS

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 11:39:07 pm »
Thanks A LOT for the tip. 
Would be just my luck to find it and the dog eat it or something like that.

Thanks MAtt

matt

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 11:53:22 pm »
no probs :)

has it a 2 person buddy seat in the back, if you dont want it, give me first shout on it :)

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 12:54:17 pm »
matt.
got the chap down to 4k.  He wanted best part of 5k but I aint got the money for that and the vat.  So a haggle or 2 later and he came down.  I think this time of year traders slow up  abit so you have more chance to haggle.
Most of the ones I see on a 52 plate are all between 4k and 6k.
Test drive, i gave it a good flooring and it pulled like a train :).  Got some more to look at tomorrow.  One being in wakefield.  Only a 3 hour journey from here :'( :'(

Tartan, is yours thirsty on the diesel?  the chap selling the one today said it should do about 35mpg, dont know whether he was full of p oo though.

hi not bad on deisel  can get around 40mpg if driven not thrashed though it is hard not to as its fairly quick for a big van

TVCS

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 07:04:29 pm »
Sorry Matt.  The two seats in the back have been reserved by my nippers.  I might know where to get some transit mini bus seats if you are interested.  A double seat unit.  I'll have to check but a mate did have some a while ago.

We test drove another 3 today, and bought one.  picking up at the end of the week.

Cant wait.  ( god how childish am I) 

matt

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 07:28:32 pm »
a good buy, well done, the T4's last ;)

no worries on the seats, i have a pair from a bus, they are nice, but i thought i would like them matching the VW aztec pattern of the VW

TVCS

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 08:04:15 pm »
Cheers for your imput on this topic.