Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you give presents to your customers?

Yes
12.1%
4 (12.1%)
No
60.6%
20 (60.6%)
Card
18.2%
6 (18.2%)
Incontinance pads
9.1%
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Tim Rose

XMAS PRESENTS FOR CUSTOMERS?
« on: December 08, 2007, 05:19:34 pm »
Do you buy your customers small presents for Christmas?  I know some people send them cards.

Walter Pole

Re: XMAS PRESENTS FOR CUSTOMERS?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 05:45:53 pm »
No, never! Not even cards.

They are of course welcome to get me a small token of their appreciation.
taking panes to exceed expectations

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 05:52:24 pm »
Do you buy your customers small presents for Christmas?  I know some people send them cards.
To many customers to do that, if I only had 10/20 maybe, cards yes present no.

Ian

Davew

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 05:53:41 pm »
I do, i even make my van to look like Santa's sleigh then stuff it with presents for eight hundred customers!  :o

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »
I do, i even make my van to look like Santa's sleigh then stuff it with presents for eight hundred customers!  :o
lol

Tim Rose

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 06:09:53 pm »
I was just thinking maybe some of those little pots of marmalade for the men and something frilly for the ladies.  Gift set sort of thing to encourage customer loyalty.No more than £20 each say.

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 06:35:54 pm »

I bought 4 tins of Quality Street in Asda for £18 and have 2 or 3 extra special long standing customers who never "not today" me off, always pay promptly, always force mugs of tea on me and treat me well.

For these few a tin each....for the others....Nish!

matt

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 07:06:13 pm »
I was just thinking maybe some of those little pots of marmalade for the men and something frilly for the ladies.  Gift set sort of thing to encourage customer loyalty.No more than £20 each say.

isnt that a bit cheap, 20 quid ?? ? ? ?  :o :o :o

eddie d

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 07:51:34 pm »
i dont give presents .the odd card .
i am only the wc after all.
i kno a wc who gives presseys ,i think its a bit odd.i wouldnt feel  comfortable .

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 07:59:26 pm »

How many customers do you have Rosy?!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 08:01:07 pm »

Oh come on Matt, don't forget the average window cleaner charges in excess of 75 pound per house.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 08:02:02 pm »
Squeaky have you been looking through my books LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tim Rose

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 08:04:09 pm »

Only pt at the mo - I have about 75. Just trying to think of ways to get/keep customers.  I think £20 per customer is quite alot actually Squeaky

Richy L

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 08:07:46 pm »

Only pt at the mo - I have about 75. Just trying to think of ways to get/keep customers.  I think £20 per customer is quite alot actually Squeaky

If you have customers that pay over £50 then maybe I can understand. But 75 x £20 = £1500...

Elginn

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 08:35:53 pm »

I bought 4 tins of Quality Street in Asda for £18 and have 2 or 3 extra special long standing customers who never "not today" me off, always pay promptly, always force mugs of tea on me and treat me well.

For these few a tin each....for the others....Nish!
I did the same but I'm affraid I bought 80 tins :o with a nice discount as the wife works at asda, we had to buy them over a period of a week because they wouldn't let us buy in bulk, these were for my top of the range custy, that I always get extra work from through out the year so a few quid spent on them goes a long way through out the year, The rest just get a card, unless I don't like them and then I give them the same as they give me.

matt

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 10:00:10 pm »

Oh come on Matt, don't forget the average window cleaner charges in excess of 75 pound per house.

oh aye sorry

i guess 20 quid is only 15 mins work, so its not that bad

need a cleaner

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:24:44 am »
i get mine WC clients a xmas card and a 49p choc mint box, the domestic customers(house clean every week) they get a card and £2.50 box of chocs and the commercial contracts get the card and a tin of Celebrations ;)

Londoner

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 07:16:21 am »
If you wanted to do something seasonal and cheap how about a bottle of wine?. Something like Jacobs Creek is usually on offer somewhere for about £3.50. I think Tescos were doing 3 for £9.99 recently. Stick to a Chardonney or similar and you can't really go wrong.

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 08:20:00 am »
we could give them a key ring, as a present,  with the words on it saying,  dont forget to leave back gate open for the window cleaner  ;D

like this

xxmattyxx

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 08:39:42 am »

£20.00 EACH ? ? ? !!!

You are completely stark raving bonkers woman !!!

I can just see half my OAP women custys trying to squeeze into a frilly little number curtesy of the window-cleaner

This is what my average custy looks like, she might appreciate someone cutting her grass, but stockings and suspenders ? ? ? na....