This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Van Leasing
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:05:20 pm »
I have just returned a vehicle to the leasing company after a three year lease. On another topic I made a comment that I would never lease again and I have actually ordered a new van which will be on hire purchase.

My main reason for saying that I will not lease again is because van leases are based on an expected milage and the fact that they will probably get hammered by company drivers who don't give a toss about the van.

I returned a vehicle that was well below the maximum milage and had never been mistreated. I could have bought it off the company but the price they wanted was way too high.

My new van is a Peugeot Partner which I am buying over 5 years for less than £35 a week roughly the same as a lease but I can PX it at anytime if I want to upgrade and at the end of five years its mine and the five year old ones that I see around look pretty good.

My mate leases vans for courier work that do over 100,000 a year. Mine do about 7,000.

Davie T

Re: Van Leasing
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 02:20:36 pm »
Vince
Out of curiosity, can you upgrade/change the van before HP agreement has ended and if so, are there penalties? 

Any time I have bought a vehicle it has been outright or more often, a bank loan where the loan is to me and not tied to the vehicle

Davie

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 03:07:58 pm »
Yes, HP is in effect a loan to you in the same way. I don't think I would upgrade during the term of the HP so its not something that figured strongly in my planning.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 04:11:47 pm »
Outstanding finance can be a good thing when you come to trade in. First agree a price on what you want to by, then argue the price on the trade in & then hit them there is finance owed & see what they can do about that figure.

Push on every corner, they always have more money to allow than on offer, let them know your there to sign a order that day, only when they are going to let you walk out the door &  away you know you have screwed every penny out of him.

Macc

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 04:48:21 pm »
I once leased a Courier van (in 1997)  Three years at about £240 a month, but at the end of the three years it went into "secondary period" of lease where I only had to pay £58 a year.  After two payments the lease company forgot about it and I haven't heard anything since ;D

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 04:53:32 pm »
I have just returned a vehicle to the leasing company after a three year lease. On another topic I made a comment that I would never lease again and I have actually ordered a new van which will be on hire purchase.

My main reason for saying that I will not lease again is because van leases are based on an expected milage and the fact that they will probably get hammered by company drivers who don't give a toss about the van.

I returned a vehicle that was well below the maximum milage and had never been mistreated. I could have bought it off the company but the price they wanted was way too high.

My new van is a Peugeot Partner which I am buying over 5 years for less than £35 a week roughly the same as a lease but I can PX it at anytime if I want to upgrade and at the end of five years its mine and the five year old ones that I see around look pretty good.

My mate leases vans for courier work that do over 100,000 a year. Mine do about 7,000.
Peugeot Partner which I am buying over 5 years for less than £35 a week

thats cheap whats the payload on it ??

Ian

bluez

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 09:13:57 pm »
Just a quick word of caution regarding hp, don't go five years unless you are driving it yourself because staff will drive the poope out of it and you will be left with hp on a van thats off the road and paying for another. Three years for employees and 5 for my own is what I recommend ???
hi

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:59:21 am »

Peugeot Partner which I am buying over 5 years for less than £35 a week

thats cheap whats the payload on it ??

Ian

600kg which is enough to carry a 400 litre tank and it has enough room between the wheel arches to take the 400 litre flat tank supplied by Cleantech.

Davew

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 08:54:15 am »
Thats only £8400 did you put a deposit on that? Sounds too cheap otherwise. Hp companies would be making a fair amount out of a five year deal.