Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phillip Mold

High presure solution/vac Hose
« on: December 08, 2007, 12:39:03 pm »
Wheres the cheapest place to buy new?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Phillip Mold

Re: High presure solution/vac Hose
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 12:41:05 pm »
25' At Ashbys is £110 + VAT

liahona

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:22:02 pm »
Phillip, are you sure about that price?  Not that I have any idea as I dont deal with Ashby's just wondered as  for that price I could get almost 4,  50ft, 3/8, 3000 psi hoses.  They have 3/8's male ends so need qd's but even still, 25ft for £110, they are having a laugh.

At those prices I should sell mine?

Best, Dave.

liahona

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:30:01 am »
At a and m's prices for 50ft of high pressure solution hose I could get 4 of the same in 3/8 hose.  Something is not right somewhere.  Again my prices are without q/d's but they are only a few quid anyway.

Best, Dave.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:56:04 pm »
Just to clarify, I m looking for 1.5 inch vac hose and high pressure solution hose, none of the sites shown seem to beat Ashbys £110 + vat for 25 feet.

Unless of course I've missed something, in which case I apologise.

colin thomas

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 04:52:06 pm »
dave, where do you get your solution hose from then? if it's the usa what is the total cost including delivery.

colin
colin thomas

liahona

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 05:15:18 pm »
Yes it is from the states.  I will look into it as I buy so much stuff from there the hoses just get lost with other items.

Best, Dave.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 07:57:49 pm »
Hi Dave,
After my short stint at Woodbridge Commercial I saw what they paid for USA  Goodyear  Neptune high pressure hose and I can tell you it was pennies.
Dave if you have a supplier in the States it may be worth your while bringing a few lengths over and sell onto the guy's here on the board?
USA Goodyear Neptune hose is by far the best to use on T/M or portable machine rather than some of the inferior stuff I have seen kicking about.

Kev Loomes

jewell

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 08:35:31 pm »
hi phil

Try woodbridge wcsuk.com.Like dave said only sell decent hose goodyear neptune hose.Unlikey to be beaten on price.

francis

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 09:13:37 pm »
Not so sure that Goodyear Neptune is rated that highly in the States

liahona

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 10:13:38 pm »
Francis, then you would be mistaken as it is by choice still the number one hose used.

I use 3/8's hoses but these are harder to get now as most people prefer the easier to use 1/4 inch.  However as you know I prefer the best and the larger hose moves 40% more volume of water so is much more efficient.

Best, Dave.

P.S. Did you see the lie detector for sale on the site Kev posted......

elliott cleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 10:29:35 pm »
Dave
Have you tried the Italian Tornado hoses. Foot for foot not as cheap as Goodyear Neptune, but if you rinse with heat will last twice as long.  If you are a cold water rinser, might as well use garden hose at the pressure used

elliott cleaning

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 10:38:24 pm »
Dave
When you say you use 3/8" hose but hard to get hold of.   Isn't this pretty standard size hose for pressure washers & widely available?

liahona

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
elliott, no I havent.  But I have hoses that I have had for over 10 years with high heat and they still perform.  Before I get jumped over these hoses stay outside the property and are used when I may have maybe 2 or 300 feet just to get into a house.

If you are a cold water rinser, may as well not clean, uh oh, here goes.

Best, Dave

P.S. Just saw your other question.

Yes but pressure washers usually are wire braded and "stiff" in comparison.  Not only that but are black and marking unlike the other hoses I or we all use.....

elliott cleaning

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 10:55:34 pm »
Dave
Bear with me on this one just a bit longer. Getting late & must be slowing down.

You use 3/8" high pressure high heat non marking hose, not wire braided, is it steel braid?  You only run this externally to the house.  What do you switch to then & why?

liahona

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 11:16:31 pm »
elliott, oooops I just re-read my postings and it was a bit misleading.  I use the same hoses everywhere, braided, just the really old ones out side the house if I have a big run to get to the door, window, sky lite, whatever it may be that I gain access.  My theory is that if a hose is going to blow then it will be my older ones.  Even though I re-do the ends often enough for it not to be the ends to blow. 

I do have a couple of hoses that are cloth braided but they are used for the lead hose from the wand.

Of course all the truck mount hoses, those that are integral to the machine are cloth braided.

Best, Dave.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 11:49:41 pm »
ooops peeps, its £110 for vac and solution hose, not just one!

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 08:22:01 am »
I had spotted that Phillip (thought you knew as you posted the price.
Makes it a good deal compared with all the others.