Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bill Robinson

chaneel sofa
« on: December 07, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »
have to clean this material dont know how to spell it never mind clean it intend to use chemspecs upholstry cleaner
bill

homecare

Re: chaneel sofa
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 06:03:01 pm »
bill. did one last week with the same chemical,had no problems. hope this helps.mike :)   

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:05:09 pm »
Hi Bill

Chenile

It's a generic term so you will find different compostions but subject to usual testing should not give any probs.

Cheers

Doug

Bill Robinson

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 06:17:54 pm »
thanks mateys

*paul_moss

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:30:35 pm »
Bill
Chenile is French for caterpiller and relates to the style of the weave only. Its fabric can be a blend of lots of different fibres but usually has a high cotton content.
The old natural Chenile's are the ones to watch out for.

Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 07:58:52 pm »
Chenille is most commonly cotton, polyester or viscose on the "hairy bit".  If viscose, all the usual problems of this as a cut pile still exists. If you think of viscose as being similar to paper, you wont go far wrong.  It can wear very rapidly in contact areas so look for areas that appear to be a different colour and texture to elsewhere.. Don't be aggressive with agitation. Probably wise to be pH neutral pre-spray and rinse. Test ALL colours and test for pile burst.  Polyester is probably the most popular hairy bit of the fabric, but be prepared for anything.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Bill Robinson

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:57:07 am »
thanks guys

PaulKing

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 04:58:21 pm »
Chenille is most commonly cotton, polyester or viscose on the "hairy bit".  If viscose, all the usual problems of this as a cut pile still exists. If you think of viscose as being similar to paper, you wont go far wrong.  It can wear very rapidly in contact areas so look for areas that appear to be a different colour and texture to elsewhere.. Don't be aggressive with agitation. Probably wise to be pH neutral pre-spray and rinse. Test ALL colours and test for pile burst.  Polyester is probably the most popular hairy bit of the fabric, but be prepared for anything.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

just would like to say that was a very concise and outstandingly helpful post
what forums are about
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne