This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

Re: SL-X
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2007, 01:15:05 pm »
So what will the total price be then? And will the new brush be stiffer than a vikan?

thanks joe

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2007, 02:46:50 pm »
What is the closed length with a G-fit neck? Is it easy to use to clean bottoms?

I haven't measured it, but I think it would be about 6ft 5inches. It is very easy to use for downstairs work. I have been using it with a G-Fit on and have found it ideal for this.

So what will the total price be then? And will the new brush be stiffer than a vikan?

thanks joe

£340 for the pole (+ SHIPPING + VAT). We are not sure how much the new brush will be retailing at, but we hope that it will end up being comparable to the Vikan on price. As to stiffness, the new brush bristles are a little stiffer but also splay better providing a very easy and efficient clean.

macmac

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2007, 07:28:56 pm »
340 quid + vat + delivery for a pole of this spec (from what alex has described) is IMO an absolute steal. If, indeed the sl-x lives up to be the beast that i think it will, then the quoted price for such a pole represents excellent value for money. for such a miesley figure, a pole like this will pay you back the minute you put it to good use. ;)
just my 2 pennys worth as usual.

tony

Davew

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2007, 07:39:50 pm »
Turncoat. ::)

macmac

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2007, 07:42:11 pm »
Turncoat. ::)

Yeah, facelift have stopped paying me so i'm looking for a new hero :P

tony

NWH

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 07:45:56 pm »
My facelift has yet to let me down.

macmac

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2007, 07:56:58 pm »
My facelift has yet to let me down.

Same here dude but every manufacturer/supplier has the oppertunity to improve on the facelift & not just try to equal it & i await that day to come. When it does come ( & it will come at some point ) we will all be better off for it, just wish it was me then i could plan my early retirement! :D

tony

NWH

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2007, 08:26:55 pm »
The S2 in tele form will be a good pole no doubt in that at all,with a fixed thread on the top section and easy to use ie quick in use clamps it should be a top pole.what is the closed length i`ve forgotton.

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 08:44:36 pm »
They mean one pole does everything- facelift- it's light, rigid,and the best out there at the moment, but it's expensive.

Ref the SL-X I understand the deliberate limiting of choice and optimising the design by actual usage by window cleaners.

Maybe at some point a shorter closed lenght and even less reach could be an option for someone wanting an absolute gold star A plus down pole.

For example a whole foot shorter would give a closed length of just over four feet and an extended lenght of twenty( down from twenty four), but what a pole it would be!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2007, 04:50:39 pm »

Ref the SL-X I understand the deliberate limiting of choice and optimising the design by actual usage by window cleaners.

Maybe at some point a shorter closed length and even less reach could be an option for someone wanting an absolute gold star A plus down pole.

For example a whole foot shorter would give a closed length of just over four feet and an extended length of twenty( down from twenty four), but what a pole it would be!

It would be very easy for us to have this size built (5x4ft=20ft) as all the clamps and tubes are sorted. We did almost decide to a have a 4x5ft=20ft version built as well, but decided that there would be no real advantage to the pole other than a lower weight.

A 5x4ft pole would however be a very different idea. What would you be prepared to pay for this pole? It would realistically be almost as expensive as the full version due to the same number of section/clamps/labour involved. I would imagine that it would still be about £300 retail. Would anyone seriously pay £300 for a 20ft pole however good it may be (if you are really serious we could build a one-off for you). Unfortunately it is not possible to simply cut down a 26ft version due to the design of the top and bottom of each section.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007, 05:03:14 pm »
Is it going to come with top quality ali hosetail adapters rather than the cheap plastic ones?

My appetite has been really whetted, how do I slip this purchase past the wife come the end of Jan.

Simon.

Davew

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2007, 05:04:48 pm »
January? I'm sure Alex will have them in the "sales" by then.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2007, 05:06:56 pm »
Is it going to come with top quality ali hosetail adapters rather than the cheap plastic ones?

My appetite has been really whetted, how do I slip this purchase past the wife come the end of Jan.

Simon.

Quality users will specify them with the EZ-Snap connectors ;)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2007, 08:15:41 pm »
As to the hose I think I know where your going with that Alex but I'll say nothing! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Nick_Thompson

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 11:43:18 pm »
Alex

If the pole hose runs inside the new SL-X what happens to the hose when you add the extention sections?

Nick
Do quantum mechanics fix old transits?

And let us not forget, voyeurism is an occupational hazard that we simply must endure.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 07:01:48 am »
It's all sorted.  Details nearer launch date.