This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

SL-X
« on: December 06, 2007, 11:22:43 pm »
Hi all and Alex

Was just wondering if anyone has any more info on this pole that appears on the gardeners site, rigidity section. 

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Rigidity_Quotient_of_Poles.html

I know it's supposed to be a Gardeners own buy like the SL2 and that it's telescopic.  But what length is it closed and then open, the full weight, price and when is it coming out.  Just being nosy but the available stats do look intriguing.

Simon.

Alex Gardiner

Re: SL-X
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:39:26 am »
Hi Simon

Here are some stats on the SL-X:

Size: 26ft extended with a 30ft reach, in 5 sections 5' 4" closed length
Weight: 1450 grammes
Price: £340
Launch date:  End of January 2008

It is currently the stiffest telescopic pole we have tested in it's length. It has lightweight aluminium clamps which are the most compact clamps available. The sections have low drag when extending for faster, easier use. The sections have a positive stop action so that you cannot accidentally over-extend the pole, but you can still quickly and easily remove sections with a twist of the allen bolt. The pole will have the facility to have an extension section fitted giving you an extra 5ft when needed, this then will have the ability to take our Super-Lite base sections to give even greater height if required.

It uses an even tougher grade of carbon fibre weave than the Super-Lite2.  It needed this to cope with the internal stresses that telescopic poles generate.  As a result it is not quite as light as the S2 but it is still about half a kilo lighter than a comparable X-Tel Hybrid.

This pole has been in development now for about a year and we have been working with the prototypes for well over six months.  Because of this, we are confident not only in it's strength but it's durability.  Apart from the Super-Lite2, this is now the only other pole I use.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 07:57:07 am »
Now I know why you have been pushing that you like 5 ft top sections  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:03:43 am »
I've always hated 6ft sections.  One of the very first three poles I bought was a 6 section Universal.  I made the company that I bought it from (before I'd even used a pole) cut it down to 5ft sections for me as I knew 6ft sections would be too long.  Every pole I had from then on I would customize down myself to 5ft sections. 

When Exel were developing the new X-Tel pole, two of their representatives visited our firm and asked us in our opinion what would be important in a new pole range.  Naturally I replied 'shorter sections'.

When developing your own pole it's very tempting to go for 6ft sections as it gives you the ability to have a longer pole for no greater investment but the greater usability of 5ft sections outweighs this temptation.  This is the advantage of actually working with the equipment we sell, day in and day out, as I know what works best for me and what doesn't (and I'm a fussy blighter).

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:34:49 am »
Ow man, this will come right in time. Will it just be one size? How about a 34' pole? That's what I'm aiming for. The rigidity looks through the roof, fantastic! :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:49:47 am »
Our aim with this pole has been to simplify pole choice. As a result we have restricted this pole to just one size (30ft reach). This size will do all 3rd storey work (and some low fourth storey as I found out on Monday) yet is compact and light enough to easily do downstairs work. For the average domestic window cleaner they will never need another pole.

If you have commercial and higher work then a Super-Lite offers the easiest way to do this type of work. For those window cleaners who do not need the regular height of a Super-Lite then we have developed the extension section which easily adds another 5ft to the SL-X for occasional work, if needed another couple of Super-Lite extensions can also be added to take it to 42ft (2370 grammes). This facility is more suited to occasional use though rather than everyday use.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 01:36:52 pm »
Glad to hear it has a positive stop action Alex,.. IMO that's an essential feature,.. I wouldn't buy a pole without it. Will the pole hose be internal or external on this one?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 01:44:13 pm »
The hose is internal.

Davew

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 03:50:15 pm »
£340 + vat + delivery including hose and brush?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 03:52:44 pm »
Includes hose and fitting.  The brush will depend on which brush we specify with it.

clean

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 03:53:19 pm »

You mean £340 + delivery + vat,those suppliers know how to be crafty  ;)

Davew

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 03:56:31 pm »
Mmmm i'll have to rummage through the house and see what i can sell on ebay!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 04:00:44 pm »

You mean £340 + delivery + vat,those suppliers know how to be crafty  ;)

If you pick it up from us it will be £340 + VAT ;)

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 04:15:31 pm »

Alex,why not make a pole with `specis` exactly the same as the telescopic 30 footer
But with working heights of 40 to 50 feet.I know it would weigh more and cost more,
But can you clarify,as opposed to adding on here and adding on their etc. etc.?

Lewis Doubtfire Gleem Clean (The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Davew

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »
Ah, but then it would be into S2 territory. :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 04:39:10 pm »
Because we already have the most usable pole for the job at 40-50ft, the Super-lite.

We wanted a pole that would be suitable for at least 50% of WFP window cleaners entire round. We then added the idea of a push on light-weight extension section, purely due to customer demand. Having thought this through we thought that it might as well fit the Super-Lite extensions on the end. In reality most people will not use this facility.

Having worked with this pole for the last 6 months, I have found that the SL-X and the Super-Lite complement each other perfectly.

On our two-man domestic rounds the only poles we take out are a 26ft SL-X (1450g), which one of us uses and a 13ft (950g) X-Tel which the other uses. We can reach everything easily with these poles right up to high third storey work, including dormers. If I worked alone on domestic work, the only pole I would take out would be a 26ft SL-X. I simply add a Super-Lite for high level commercial work.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 05:01:24 pm »
Alex it sounds the ultimate pole and i will be having 1 or 2 of them,but lets not forget that most important thing the brush can you give more details on it please.Also i take it the pole hose is inside the pole with it being telescopic,and last of all has the pole got a thread on the top section fixed like a normal telescopic so no more spinning brushes,when can i take delivery.Cheers.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 05:15:46 pm »
Hi NWH,

I can put you top of the list for the end of January :)

The pole functions just like a standard telescopic pole, with internal hose and a fixed aluminium top screw that is compatible with a plastic neck or our G-Fit range. The clamps are completely different to most other poles on the market, they are only 18mm deep and feature a sideways clamp that is probably the easiest action clamp I have used. The brush we hope to launch it with will be our new Super-Lite brush. This will feature mono-filament, dual-trim, easy-splay bristles on a screw on stock. It should weigh about 220-240g.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 05:38:45 pm »
Like i said i want one so let me know when please so i can ring Kirsty to pay.

Roy Harding

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 05:49:07 pm »
Hi Alex

I will have a look at it when you have them in Jan.

I have family in Cornwall so add me to your list and contact me near the time.

Roy