This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

One for you P/washing gurus .... Quote
« on: December 06, 2007, 09:02:36 pm »
I dont really need to know what you would price for this job but it would be ok if you gave me your thoughts, but I am really looking for you opinions on how long this may take to clean, I have a wall washer and the clean patch you can see took me around 5 mins to achieve and came off surprisingly easy

Take a look at the Vid

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fNeWPeXo65w

Chris Cottrell

Re: One for you P/washing gurus .... Quote
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:44:16 pm »
anyone want to hazard a guess at how long it will take?

Tim Rose

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »
Sorry mate, but I have never done any pw myself, but I can't see any clean patch as you call it. Anyway how are you going to get up the side of the ruddy great walls? Barge and pole are words that come to mind.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:07:30 pm »
The "clean patch "is to the right of the first top window & all areas of this are easily within reach with the 7.4m telescopic p/w lance ,even the really high section cos I can stand on the flat roof below it

Tim Rose

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49:01 pm »
The "clean patch "is to the right of the first top window & all areas of this are easily within reach with the 7.4m telescopic p/w lance ,even the really high section cos I can stand on the flat roof below it
oh right, yes looks a lot darker thant the rest. I guess that is the clean bit.  Looks fine.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 09:02:25 pm »
Ben there defo is good money to be made in this , that is after all why I do it, & I dont think there is a need to treat the brick afterwards
I did think about charging a day rate but the custy will want to know how many days its going to cost him so hence the Q. how long

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:44:45 am »
chris are you just usening a lance there?? (no chemicals)

Its come up good and you defo can tell a difference

LWC

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 08:51:45 am »
how long did that little bit you did take you?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 09:43:48 am »
Ronnie that patch was just the lance & water no chemicals @ approx 2000psi the machine was on max just test the job

LWC that test was only 3 strips down the wall and took about 5 mins (shocking really)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 10:10:27 am »
Chris

What are your thoughts on the price

Rob ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 10:17:27 am »
Rob

I'm thinking along the lines of charging a day rate the customer has allready done the rest of the house with a cherry picker and a P/washer (hired) so they are aware of the possible cost involved the reason that this piece was not done was cos there is a archway through to this courtyard and the picker couldnt get in there

So still this begs the Q. how long

They also are looking for 2 prices 1. for the high bits only & 2. all that you see in the courtyard

Rob_Mac

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 01:00:17 pm »
We do a lot of pressure washing of many different surfaces, at up to 22 metres, so far.

I am very busy and we have a full workload on all fronts.

I am in a position to walk away from a price if it is not agreed - that makes all the difference.

It is very difficult without seeing the job in person to estimate how long it will take.

I would not go on a day rate but would use a rate of £500.00 per day over a two day period - charging £1000.00 for the job but trying to finish in one day.

I would be very surprised if it took any longer than one day - possibly going back the next day to snag when you can see it dry.

You are offering to give them back the original standard of external finish that the house has not seen for quite some considerable time. They will be happy with the work as it can only look better.

You can't take the p*ss as he seems to know the score.

Good luck - and if you were thinking higher you can come and price up a couple of Sainsburys for me next year!!!

Rob ;D

Richy L

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
I have done this typr of thing a few times before. That will take about a day to do, but a turbo(spinner) alnce is what you really need to clean them fast and well. Do yo have one?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 03:04:06 pm »
I have done this typr of thing a few times before. That will take about a day to do, but a turbo(spinner) alnce is what you really need to clean them fast and well. Do yo have one?

I have the wall washer as on Northern Tools website & its quick to achieve a good result too

Richy L

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 03:23:31 pm »
my machine is a 3500psi, so i guess i couldnt use one of those.
But when i use a spinner on waless it can bring them to that standard in a couple of minutes. Ive seen those wall washers before but i thought they were just for floors. i guess not though

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 03:27:58 pm »
Well you could use one Richy just dont turn the pressure up to max, Mine did come with a quick release coupling which made it a bit floppy on the end of the lance so I replaced it for a 22mm threaded coupling

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 04:00:47 pm »
does that fit on extension pressure lance?? is it heavy??

Yes its only a 22mm female threaded on the pole & ive never weighed it but its not overly heavy I lift it off the wall to move it up and position it for the next drop

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 10:11:59 pm »
There might be another concern with this task and thats the Elec wires that go to the house
Does anyone think that they can be isolated b4 they get to the house, maybe E-on are worth a call