Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

spitfire advanced
« on: December 06, 2007, 05:40:01 pm »
if this pre-spray a 'detergent'?  meaning has it surfactants, wetting agents and all the other gumth that a normal pre-spray would have. or does it work by other 'means'

if i use a M/S and spray it on a carpet nothing will happen until I agitate it in, if I use a traffic-lane cleaner and spray it on the carpet it will work with just dwell time.

will Spitfire work with just dwell time

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dave_Lee

Re: spitfire advanced
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 06:12:36 pm »
Yes, but obviously agitation helps, and needed if using a water rinse.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:40 pm »
I've been a fan of Spitfire Advanced for a few years now.

My understanding is that it's based on renewable resources surfactant technology.

Here's a link for the Research Technology blurb
http://www.research-products.com.au/pdf/rp_spitfireadvanced.pdf

And here's the MSDS to give you a vague idea of what's in it
http://www.research-products.com.au/pdf/rp_msds_SPITFIREADVANCED.pdf

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 10:22:02 pm »
Spitfire is 9 times out of ten my prefered prespray.  Great product but the smell is not to everyones liking.

Mark

tony harrison

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49:52 am »
Mark,

When spitfire first came out it had a great smell of lavender and customers often remarked  how good it smelt.

I know what you are saying about its current smell, it can be a little overpowering. Never the less after reading about it on this forum I think I will give it another go as we all know that MS and MP do not get the results all the time.

regards Tony

John Gregory

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 04:21:16 pm »
Could someone tell me who supplies spitfire , So I can give it a try

Thanks John

mark_roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:10:44 pm »
Dryfusion sell it.

On the subject of smell I got some new Fabric Restorer from Prochem and it now smells great so much so I almost enjoy cleaning suites now.

Cleans great too.

Mark

davep

mark_roberts

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 07:37:55 pm »
Water

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 07:48:46 pm »
Spitfire Advanced is available from the Cleaners Warehouse Co.UK which is now the products arm of Wrennals/Dry Fusion UK.

It is Woolsafe Approved and only requires a hot freshwater rinse. The only time you would need to vary from this would be if using an acidic rinse to stabilise dyes etc. It's an all fibre product for cleaning wet cleanable  carpets and upholstery.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

davep

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 08:21:49 pm »
Yep :)

As always, the solution is only part of the cleaning pie. Fill the pie and you'll have excellent results.

safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

davep

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 10:01:20 am »
My pie doesn't have much heat, i can use more agitation but should i use more than just water in the rinse to compensate?

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 12:15:40 pm »
Can someone define HEAT also. Are we talking about truckmount temps in the rinse?

So for a portie user you can make up a hot prespray no probs but are we talking >60 deg rinse to be optimum?

Dennis

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 12:55:28 pm »
Can someone define HEAT also. Are we talking about truckmount temps in the rinse?

So for a portie user you can make up a hot prespray no probs but are we talking >60 deg rinse to be optimum?

Arrhenius , a Swedish physicist/chemist, discovered that when water is heated, for every 18 degrees fahrenheit rise above 118 degrees F (48 C) itīs energy level is doubled.
The molecules are moving 16 times faster at 98 C then they are at 48 C so the emulsification process is more powerful.

That is why, personally, although I agree cold rinsing will work, I find hot if not better then faster.

I think this from Mike halliday is worth reading too.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=46994.msg383918#msg383918

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 12:34:40 pm »
If you read again the link I provided above for the Research Technology blurb, you'll see that it states that Spitfire Advanced works with rinse temperatures from warm to hot.  This all suggests to me that this product is free rinsing, but not with cold water, and the hotter the water, the quicker and more effective the rinse. As for a definition of warm isn't a laundry wool wash of about 40oC defined as being warm?

I believe that most porty water pumps are capable of working with temperatures of upto about 60C

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Dennis

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 02:09:58 pm »
It had better be good because I ordered 10 litres yesterday on your recommendation Mr Wainwright, along with some Gel Solv, Grease Release and Sensation.  ;) ;D

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 02:22:08 pm »
I don't think you'll be disappointed Dennis :)

Like others, I find it to be exceptional on upholstery @ 15:1.  As with all solutions, don't confuse smelling the odour with breathing in the droplets, especially with a fine spray on upholstery. I find with most detergent pre-sprays that, especially with a finer mist on upholstered furniture, it's easy to breathe in which can be a little choking :'( Keep your head back and allow a few seconds for the mist to settle.

Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 03:17:22 pm »
Mike

In response to your original question and Kens Data Sheet link, yes it is a detergent and will work in the normal way by wetting out.

Surfactant is Surface Active Agent and works with dwell time, agitation will shorten the dwell needed but hot water will undoubtedly make a big difference.

I apply all my presprays hot, they work better.

On the subject of cleaning pies it's important to realise they are a convenient way of explaining the differnet ways soil is removed BUT are not technical laws where one could apply a formula.In other words treat them as a guide only.

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 03:47:10 pm »
Dennis,

You'll no doubt be updating your website to reflect the less greener credentials of detergents. ;)