This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Regular cleans and customers attitudes
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:42:36 pm »

In the passed 24 hours I've rescheduled 10 jobs because of the rain and the impression I get is that none of them give a monkeys whether they're cleaned this week, next week or the week after. In some ways having flexible and relaxed customers is a good thing, but on the other hand it makes me feel that my services will be the 1st thing to go out of the window if money gets tight for them.

How relaxed are your custies?

Sir Squeaky

Re: Regular cleans and customers attitudes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:46:22 pm »
They couldn't care less about their windows most of them.

I'm not even bothering driving to mine today, even though it's not actually raining now.
They still won't have it done on a day like this.

johnny_h

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 01:07:57 pm »
i have had a few say they are happy to have them done when i can get back around to them they know they will be done before christmas
AUDI VIDE TACE

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 01:13:25 pm »
well all my customers are 4 weekly or there abouts.

I am never on time and no one even says anything. Sometimes I could be a couple of day's early or up to 1-2 weeks late.

No one cares as they know i Will be back.

I NEVER NEVER tell any of my customers a set date or day that I will be there because sure enough something could pop up or the weather could be against me.

tatman

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:05 pm »
i feel like that today squeaky went out this morning it lashed down came home at 10ish it stopped just cant be arsed to go out again. My custys aint fussed within a week or so. having a crap week worked mon the rest of the week waste of time.

Davew

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 01:19:57 pm »
same here, same as squeaky. I do have a couple of customers who work out the next date i'm due before i get home to log it into George.

LSB

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »
all my customers are 4 weekly , and im currently up to date (slightly ahead) , hoping to get some time off over xmas , however im breaking my nuts to do this , and quite frankly im sure most arent bothered if i get them done before the big day , or leave it untill the new year .

in previous years from mid nov onwards i would have many , many customers asking when / could i make sure they get done in time for xmas , so far this year not one has asked or enquired !   

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 02:57:17 pm »
To most customers it isn't exactly high on their list of priorities but every now and then you get one whose a bit obsessive/compulsive. These people HAVE to get their windows cleaned on a certain day or the world will end.

I haven't been working today as I had to return a leased vehicle to Enfield Car Auctions at the end of its lease. Its not part of the thread but I just want to say I will never lease again. Buying is much better.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 03:48:31 pm »
im a few days over with one particular customer - she keeps ringing asking when are you going to do the windows, theyre getting dirty now....

pingu

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »
I clean each customer on a scheduled day.....I have not as yet had many problems with this way of working .....in the event a window is not to the customers satisfaction...they can call me and I will go and take a look and rectify if required (within 24 hrs of clean)....I have only had 1 customer call be back....

In the event that an event requires me to reschedule then thats what is done...it's not a real biggy....

Dave.

ok cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 03:55:47 pm »
my customers are the same they would not mind if i dont turn up for afew months aaaaaah mortgage

Helen

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 04:01:10 pm »

In the passed 24 hours I've rescheduled 10 jobs because of the rain and the impression I get is that none of them give a monkeys whether they're cleaned this week, next week or the week after. In some ways having flexible and relaxed customers is a good thing, but on the other hand it makes me feel that my services will be the 1st thing to go out of the window if money gets tight for them.

How relaxed are your custies?

You are probably right with some of your custies, if money gets tight they will look at priorities and see what can go....but in all honesty if you were someones custie and ££ got tight for you you would probably all do the same.
We have always worked with flexibilty to our domestics, but not to the point where we are taken for a ride cos it does work both ways.  ;)
If we were 4 days late we would start getting phone calls, but as of yet we have never been this behind. As someone else has posted we have a few that want exactly one month between cleans and had phoned us to say so! Usually answer that one with ok we'll be round on Sunday next month then as that is exactly one month, but we do have to charge extra for Sunday work......or you could just hang on until the monday when it would be normal charge....usually works ;D

NWH

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 04:37:38 pm »
Sometimes i`m 6-8 weeks late on every 6-8 weekly work,they know i`ll come when i can.

simbo

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 04:45:57 pm »
refreshing to hear that although some on here would like to think their customers would commit suicide if they did not turn up, the truth is they would probably be happier if you came a couple of times a year. I am always behind now but do not worry about it. Anymore and never get complaints, besides i prefer to clean dirty windows and see the difference
simbo

dai

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 07:28:19 pm »
Unless dome seagull has left a calling card, my customers don't even know their windows have been cleaned.
You get a few old girls who notice, but the majority don't.
Most people would love us to come on a when needed basis, and still want them doing at the same price. Dai

Blackbushe Windows

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 10:31:57 am »
Agree Dai,

Sometimes they look at windows as you arrive as if to say - Do they need doing? Sometimes they even say it!

Peter
Blackbushe Windows.
Est. 1983
www.blackbushewindows.co.uk

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 07:42:41 am »
Trouble is some windows don't look like they need doing when you turn up.

LWC

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 08:28:39 am »
my customers are brilliant, i am very behind at the minute, but because im friendly with all of them and have looked after them, they dont mind.

they all are saying "thought we'd lost you" and i always explain to them, i will never stop, i just may be late sometimes, and they are fine with this

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 08:36:37 am »
Vince - off topic I know - but your comment on leasing - could you explain please as I'm part way through a lease and am happy so far. What pitfalls have I got to look forward to?
It's a game of three halves!

matt

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 09:51:37 am »
i have less than 20 % who care if they are done when i say they will be, the rest are just happy with me turning up when i can

thats what put me on a downer a few months ago, as i thought they really dont care what type of job i do

BUT

having spoken to a fair few about it, they do like clean windows, they are gratefull when i turn up

its just they dont get worried when its done, as long as its done