This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davidpitts

Rain Guarantees
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »
When some of you offer rain guarantees and say you will redo them within 24 hours if they are not satisfied, does this only apply if you have cleaned them when its actually raining or if it rains within 24 hours of you cleaning them,           cheers Dave.

Re: Rain Guarantees
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43:18 pm »
When some of you offer rain guarantees and say you will redo them within 24 hours if they are not satisfied, does this only apply if you have cleaned them when its actually raining or if it rains within 24 hours of you cleaning them,           cheers Dave.
when cleaning till dry

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:48:27 pm »
Say you will come back on do the relevant windows, but not the whole job.

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:51:29 pm »
rain guarantee

Those two words send a shiver down my spine... I could just imagine a load of fussy customers ringing up telling me to come back a re-do their windows!  :-\

Andy

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:54:39 pm »
Nobody has ever taken me up on it, since I started giving it 5 years ago.

Helen

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »
Our T & C's state that if there are any issues,we must be informed within 24 hours of the clean and we will investigate within the next 24 hours. If justified the issue will be corrected. But if issue found not to be through any fault of ours, then a charge for investigating will be made to cover our expenses. This is rain, shine, snow, cold, hot whatever. To be honest the majority of justified issues are down to when the weather is dryer :)

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 06:06:02 pm »
Funny to see this post cause i got in a 1.30 and thought id blow over my rear windows on my house they were wet from the rain but sun was out thought this would be a test as there was a rain cloud coming over. so cracked on done the windows it pis8ed down again and the the sun came back out windows were as clear as a bell.
P&R Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 06:09:57 pm »
rain guarantee

Those two words send a shiver down my spine... I could just imagine a load of fussy customers ringing up telling me to come back a re-do their windows!  :-\

Andy
then dont tell them about it till you need to,   ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 06:37:34 pm »
well.........

I cleaned last week in the rain probably for the first time.

The rain was just hitting the windows and no more. Later that day the it really lashed down and the wind got up.

Cheque arrived in the post along with a wee note saying.

"Thanks for cleaning our windows in such horrible weather. I do appreciate that you need to keep your income coming in, but the day after you had been our windows were filthy. Please infuture try if you can and only clean in good weather or light rain. P.S. Enclosed with the cheque is a little bonus for you! Enjoy and dont get too drunk over xmas"

£20 tip :o :)

Im glad i dont offer a rain guarantee!

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 06:40:54 pm »
well.........

I cleaned last week in the rain probably for the first time.

The rain was just hitting the windows and no more. Later that day the it really lashed down and the wind got up.

Cheque arrived in the post along with a wee note saying.

"Thanks for cleaning our windows in such horrible weather. I do appreciate that you need to keep your income coming in, but the day after you had been our windows were filthy. Please infuture try if you can and only clean in good weather or light rain. P.S. Enclosed with the cheque is a little bonus for you! Enjoy and dont get too drunk over xmas"

£20 tip :o :)

Im glad i dont offer a rain guarantee!
from what you just put there you should do,, I would have went back and done them again

Clear Vision

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 06:48:17 pm »
I will do them for free next time im round ;)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 06:51:59 pm »
I always tell customers about my rain guarantee.  I even have a leaflet about it attached to my quote form.

I've never been called back :)

Jago

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:05:58 pm »
I verbally say I will guarentee my work as I would feel a right merchant If they did not think I had done a good Job
Never lost one yet from it but I have got OCD
and I hate spiders and webs so have to clean all that shish away too even if it is not on the windows lol
J
To Do Is To Dare

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:34 pm »
would have looked better on you if you did them the next day. (think about it)
offer than gaurantee, will also make you look alot better aswell, even if they dont use it they will talk to there freinds about it  ;)

Ian

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 08:33:21 pm »
offer than gaurantee, will also make you look alot better aswell, even if they dont use it they will talk to there freinds about it  ;)

Ian
I agree with Ian. Phone your custie and ask them which windows were poor from the rain and just offer to re-clean the affected ones asap to enhance your good name reputation :)

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 10:12:17 pm »

Ian

::) How could I have cleaned them the next day if I didn't know they were dirty untill I was told when payment for the job came??? ::)

Ian
I agree with Ian. Phone your custie and ask them which windows were poor from the rain and just offer to re-clean the affected ones asap to enhance your good name reputation :)

Thanks for your concern about my reputation but that is something I dont have to worry about ;)

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 10:21:38 pm »

Ian

::) How could I have cleaned them the next day if I didn't know they were dirty untill I was told when payment for the job came??? ::)

Good point.
 If you have a guarentee in place they would have let you know straight away  :P
Instead of having dirty windows for a month or so

Clear Vision

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:43 pm »
   ;)

Might look into having a guarentee in place in the near future.

Thanks windowashers

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 10:34:16 pm »
The problem is that you can clean in fine weather and it lashes down and blows a gale three days later.  That can be the case whichever cleaning method is used.  I reckon they just have to put up with it when the weather is ropey.  If they all wanted me to stop work as soon as rain starts, I might be able to do it for 25 - 30% increase across the board.

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 08:04:32 am »
If i clean them i guarantee them for 48 hours. Have had 2 people call me up and they have been my 1st job the next day.
As long as the frames are clean and it isn't windy, the windows should be good in the rain.