This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark dew

funny day today.
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:43:31 pm »
Went to clean 1 house down a long narrow lane. I always turn around in a field entrance when i'm there.
Did the same thing today and i got stuck. The field was really boggy and i was wheelspinning. It looked a bit drier and firmer deeper into the field so i thought i'll drive into the field and turn around in there. I needed some momentum. So i tried that and needless to say i got about 10 metres in and got stuck fast.
The bloke whose house (but not field) it was came out and tried to give me a tow in his mercedes van. I connected the rope which was just long enough on a single line. He told me to use 2nd gear when being towed but i reminded him i only have 1 reverse gear.  :D
Anyway, after him getting stuck and me pushing him out and trying various permutations, we eventually managed to drag my van out.
Once out he had a delivery lorry turn up. 7.5 ton. Covered in mud i told the delivery driver that i just got stuck turning around and he should try somewhere else.
He got stuck too. I was secretly chuffed cos the owner is a lovely bloke who has no bad bones but he swore away to himself. I carried on my window cleaning and by the time was done he was out after digging away.
I went from there to town to put some cash in the bank. The loading bay i always park in was full so i had to go to the car park.
I parked up and realised i only had a 2 quid coin for a 50p ticket. :o
I was only gonna be 5 minutes and i thought i'd chance it.
But talk about good fortune. There was a sporty little car next to mine who had their parking ticket on the outside just under the windscreen wiper.
So i borrowed it for 10 minutes (as now i had time to shop as well) and did my thing.
I came back and the car was still there with no ticket. So i took mine/his off me dashboard and put it back under his wiper.  ;D
Alls well that ends well.
Was gonna go out tonight. But don't wanna ride my luck.