This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonyoliver

gettong payment takes longer than the job
« on: December 02, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
i do a small shop in croydon a couple of pounds.......

the shop keeper insists on seeing off all the people in the que before paying me then asks for reciept and flapps around about change ect .
the record is now 14 mins wait for two quid the windows trad take 30 secs and a wipe am i being mugged off or what?

i also had a custy who ran off every time i nearly finished and so had to call back.
knocks on door and the kid says" dad says he isnt in " EX CUSTY AFTER THE THIRD ATTEMPT AT CALLING
 also had a man hide behind the sofa but the fool didnt expect  me to see him in the mirror .
anyone else have the same or is it just me?

Jeff Brimble

Re: gettong payment takes longer than the job
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 10:30:34 pm »
I used to see nudes in the upstairs windows the same way- took ages to clean the glass.  ;)
But I agree with you, collecting takes longer. Charge more and tell him why or leave an envelope when you clean that he can fill and you can just pick up off the till when you call.

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 10:52:50 pm »
i recently ditched a shop i did

i would allways do it first thing in the morning before any of the shops opened

they then asked me to do the inside of the door, no probs, i will do it whe i collect, i did this a few times, then the owner started to work part time and i had to call back to see her for the 5 quid, sometimes it would be 2 cals to collect, so that was once to do the shop, then to do the inside of the door and twice to collect

it wasnt for me i am afraid

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 03:26:40 am »

the shop keeper insists on seeing off all the people in the que before paying me then asks for reciept and flapps around about change ect .
the record is now 14 mins wait for two quid the windows trad take 30 secs and a wipe am i being mugged off or what?

i also had a custy who ran off every time i nearly finished and so had to call back.
knocks on door and the kid says" dad says he isnt in " EX CUSTY AFTER THE THIRD ATTEMPT AT CALLING
 also had a man hide behind the sofa but the fool didnt expect  me to see him in the mirror .
anyone else have the same or is it just me?
if it is a weekly shop collect it every 4th time, that's what I do. The again I dont do any couple of pound with always over £10

Helen

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:13:29 pm »

Tony.... If this were your only job of the day, how long would it take you to travel there and back to base? Calculate your price on that. A couple of quid and you have to wait >:(
Already mentioned, but why not invoice monthly? Just drop him a leaflet each time saying date cleaned will now invoice monthly.
If you can't agree with him on that and you really don't want to lose this job, then have your receipt already written out ready for him. Drop it to him as you arrive, say I'm in a bit of a rush today, can you get the money ready while I clean.Thanks. If money not ready kust say ok will add it to the next one and leave. :) :)