This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cat9921

spots VS smears
« on: December 01, 2007, 07:40:37 am »
Got an odd story for ya

when I switched over to WFP, had one customer said they love it as I can clean over the conservatory.

Had no probs but 2 months ago she said she did not like it.I can see spots on them,

As I thought oh another customer gone,  :'(

She said

So I would Like you to do the tops with the reach and wash but the bottoms trade,

OK I said  ::)

But all that month I wondered Did I leave spots or did that come up good and she just wants to see out of her windows straight away  ::)

Next month

As I go to the house she is not in, Time to find out if those windows came up good or not, So I cleaned the whole house with the wfp, Now I always do the door the traditional way so customers are not slipping in the ice or bringing water into their home 

I go off and finish the rest of the round go back, I check every window it was spot free  ;)   apart from the door  I can see a nasty smear  :-[so I get my scrim out and then I thought we all make mistakes I wonder if she will say anything about this.So I did not do it  ??? as she knows I do the doors tradtionally

Well

When I went back for the cash I could see that she had cleaned the door as the smear had gone, she came out paid me and did not say one word about the door   

Some people ha

sorry just needed a moan

your thoughts please

P.S I am not a good window cleaner I know that now   ;)

Re: spots VS smears
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:19:58 am »
Leaving a smear  :o

she obviously as you said wants to see the result staright away down stairs, why not wfp and blade down stairs if shes in?
I personally would just wfp the lot and explain that if there is any spots you would come back and rectify the problem

cat9921

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:36:52 am »

she obviously as you said wants to see the result staright away down stairs, why not wfp and blade down stairs if shes in?
I personally would just wfp the lot and explain that if there is any spots you would come back and rectify the problem

Thanks for the reply WW

But thats my point. I do not know if I left spots or if she is lying and just wants the bottoms done the other way. We can all leave the odd mark or spot and I think when I was trade I probably left more marks than I thought,

When you go WFP people inspect the windows and I would say that 95 % of my work is spotless

as for why not blade of the water, She has leaded windows downstairs and I love wfp with leaded why go back

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 11:50:25 am »

Thanks for the reply WW

But thats my point. I do not know if I left spots or if she is lying and just wants the bottoms done the other way. We can all leave the odd mark or spot and I think when I was trade I probably left more marks than I thought,

When you go WFP people inspect the windows and I would say that 95 % of my work is spotless

as for why not blade of the water, She has leaded windows downstairs and I love wfp with leaded why go back
didnt know why where leaded I either didnt read it or you never said, leaded and wfp go hand in hand dont they  ;D
when you go wfp people only inpect there windows mostly if you give them an explanation letter that confuses them more as most people dont like change. I get people looking at me when I am doing them have had 3 problems out of over 700 that cant be bad, the last one was three weeks after I had cleaned them so will see next week what the problem was, and the customer is a pain in the bum aswell, and trad was a nightmare on that house and there is no way I will go up a ladder again to do it, if she thinks it, she will be told that this will not happen, if she cancels which I hope she doesnt then I have replaced her about 30 times over in the last month anyway.
Thing that gets me about her is that the frames were really dirty I explained there maybe a few spots the first time because I was cleaning up the frames, but no spots there is smears everywhere  :-\ cant see how there can be a smear as I wfp it soon see on that one I guess.

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 12:02:47 pm »

Thanks for the reply WW

didnt know why where leaded I either didnt read it or you never said, leaded and wfp go hand in hand dont they  ;D
when you go wfp people only inpect there windows mostly if you give them an explanation letter that confuses them more as most people dont like change. I get people looking at me when I am doing them have had 3 problems out of over 700 that cant be bad, the last one was three weeks after I had cleaned them so will see next week what the problem was, and the customer is a pain in the bum aswell, and trad was a nightmare on that house and there is no way I will go up a ladder again to do it, if she thinks it, she will be told that this will not happen, if she cancels which I hope she doesnt then I have replaced her about 30 times over in the last month anyway.
Thing that gets me about her is that the frames were really dirty I explained there maybe a few spots the first time because I was cleaning up the frames, but no spots there is smears everywhere  :-\ cant see how there can be a smear as I wfp it soon see on that one I guess.

Sorry windowwashers,I did not state that they are leaded :-[

Thanks for the replies  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 12:04:03 pm »
The only way to guarantee that the job is a good un the 1st time of wfp'ing them is to go back after they have dried and check. You can explain all you like to certain customers about pure water but as far as they are concerned it comes out of a tap so it is tap water.
Once they can see the finished product, ie dry windows, and you are there to check alongside them, they can no longer make up a story about how your system doesn't work or you have left streaks.
Cleaning, checking when dry, spotless, ask for the money.
I think some people feel cheated paying up when they have no idea and neither do we 100% how the windows will end up.
This only needs to be done the 1st time on most jobs.  

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 12:08:28 pm »
The only way to guarantee that the job is a good un the 1st time of wfp'ing them is to go back after they have dried and check. You can explain all you like to certain customers about pure water but as far as they are concerned it comes out of a tap so it is tap water.
Once they can see the finished product, ie dry windows, and you are there to check alongside them, they can no longer make up a story about how your system doesn't work or you have left streaks.
Cleaning, checking when dry, spotless, ask for the money.
I think some people feel cheated paying up when they have no idea and neither do we 100% how the windows will end up.
This only needs to be done the 1st time on most jobs.  
I would not go back to every house they we clean in a day I would have even less time than I already dont have, I say to every customer that when dry any problem call me and I will be back the next day to fix it 98% of customers are fine with this and have not had a problem, waiting 3 weeks IMO is taking the P I guarentee all work for 48 hours (except bird muck) what more do they want most window cleaners dont do this

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 12:39:42 pm »
I only do this on 1st cleans and if they spot or run i do it next time round as well and so on until they are good. It takes no longer than collecting at the end of the day and 98% of my jobs its only needed doing the 1st time. 
I got good feedback the first 3 weeks and about half a dozen moans between 3 and 6 weeks and it knocked my confidence in the system, or more precisely, my application of the system.
It gives me peace of mind now and i go home comfortable in the knowledge that someone isn't going to phone me and moan as though their whole world has fallen apart because there are some spots on 1 window out of 15 clean ones.
It cost me 6 jobs at the time. 3 cancelled and 3 i pushed. I haven't lost a job due to it since.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 02:29:24 pm »
I only do this on 1st cleans and if they spot or run i do it next time round as well and so on until they are good. It takes no longer than collecting at the end of the day and 98% of my jobs its only needed doing the 1st time. 
I got good feedback the first 3 weeks and about half a dozen moans between 3 and 6 weeks and it knocked my confidence in the system, or more precisely, my application of the system.
It gives me peace of mind now and i go home comfortable in the knowledge that someone isn't going to phone me and moan as though their whole world has fallen apart because there are some spots on 1 window out of 15 clean ones.
It cost me 6 jobs at the time. 3 cancelled and 3 i pushed. I haven't lost a job due to it since.

Mark I dont collect, sod that gave that up years ago cost me to much in time  ;)

I see your point, if it works for you thats good and I am not knocking it, I just do things different.

Jake

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 06:46:50 pm »
Don't matter how much you explain WFP to customers, some just don't/won't get it.

We have had a few customers complain about 'spots' left on windows, when we have been back to have a look, we find clean windows !!  These customers look at the droplets on the glass straight after you have done them, then complain about spots! Some custy's are just thick, thats the truth
Exeter, Devon

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 07:33:48 pm »
Keep telling people your good at something and in the end quiet a few will beleive you,it`s the same with WFP be confident in it`s ability and it will reward you, if you come across difficult customers that just don`t like it you then have to make the decision wether to keep them on or not in my case it`s not.Simply say this is the new way i work now due to bla bla bla,don`t go giving people explanation letters all your going to do is heighten there awareness to having a good look at there window`s after every visit you make,all you need to do is blagg your way through the first couple of cleans and your home and dry,just think after a couple of cleans it`s a stress free way to clean window`s and even easier money than before,happy days.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 07:57:16 pm »
Too right NWH.

I had one- big house bentley etc wooden georgian- first time she found one spiders nest and wondered if i'd done the window. Nearly every pane had had a spiders nest and the frames i had to wipe with a towel first before i dare wfp pole them.
Phoned her up, do you want me to come back I asked you to see what you thought in a few weeks? Yes it was okay, she said and arranged a time to be in.

By the time I went back it was ten weeks and those windows and frames were still immaculate. It's a sixty quid job, but the second time around I was able to fly especially with my unique hot water delivery system. Finished inside an hour and gave her a lecture on how good a job i'd done the first time never mind this time. She agreed with me and took some leaflets for her chums. ;D ;D

cat9921

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
Don't matter how much you explain WFP to customers, some just don't/won't get it.

We have had a few customers complain about 'spots' left on windows, when we have been back to have a look, we find clean windows !!  These customers look at the droplets on the glass straight after you have done them, then complain about spots! Some custy's are just thick, thats the truth

;D ;D ;)

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 10:14:25 pm »

Mark I dont collect, sod that gave that up years ago cost me to much in time  ;)

I see your point, if it works for you thats good and I am not knocking it, I just do things different.

i don't collect either.
I just spend a few minutes longer on each job the 1st time, knowing that once they are good they always will be.