This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

What van???
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:14:46 pm »
I am looking to get a new van but am undecided on which one looked at that many i have now confused myself as to which one i realy want so can you good people give me your honest reviews on any of the following
Ford Transit
Citroen Relay
Peugoet Boxer
Merc Vito
Vx Vivaro
Ren Trafic
I am not looking to buy new something around a 51 or 02 plate will do

Dean

Re: What van???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:57 pm »
I have a Citroen Relay 2l swb

nice drive wierd gear stick location ( but nice aswell)

pulls the same loaded with 650l of water or not.

Nice van IMO  ;) also space left for other bits a bobs

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:49:28 am »
Thanks Ian
Any more?

Dean

Davie T

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 08:41:22 am »
Relay is a good workhorse.
Buy the TD version as pulling power is so much better.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 09:31:38 am »
Relay is a good workhorse.
Buy the TD version as pulling power is so much better.
TD hdi is the best one to get  ;)

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 09:39:58 am »
ex AA VW T4

well serviced and they sell them off at the age you are thinking about

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 09:47:23 am »
Trafic/Vivaro are great.

I've got an '07 Trafic and it's smooth, fast, comfy, quiet, well equipped, looks good...what more do you need?

The only serious competitor is the latest Transit.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 10:59:11 am »
I like the transits personally,.. but I've been looking at the new shape ones,... v nice!!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 11:06:33 am »
I like the transits personally,.. but I've been looking at the new shape ones,... v nice!!
It's nicer inside than the old one, but that hideous front end put me off getting one.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 11:08:40 am »
lol, we all have a different opinion on vans, there are many things to think of when getting a van, I have a relay as you know 2l td Hdi, transit are good but I got mine at a unbeatable price on an 03 plate, transporters are again nice and the vivaro look really nice and not to leave jerry out the sprinter is also good.

what system are you having? what size tank will you need? do you do anything else apart from window cleaning is another all of these make a difference and getting it wrong can be very costly.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:25 pm »
I've just bought a pick-up with truckman top and ladder rack on.

My 250L tank looks lost now!

Truckman top.  It must be a ranger then.  Same here but with a 650L system and 2 fixed reels.  The 650L doesn't leave room for anything else.

Simon.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:27:17 pm »
I've had my ranger about a year now and it handles the weight well, but there is no room for anything else so I think when I can I'll get a van instead.  Mind you it is nice to drive and the 4 wheel drive has come in handy a couple of times.

Simon.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 06:28:43 pm »
Fiat Ducato.  Same as the Relay/Boxer etc.  Basic but good. Lot of van for your money

Dean Aspects

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 06:51:09 am »
I am starting to sway towards the ducato/boxer/relay so the next question is what is the mpg like and insurance and general running costs?
I realise alot of things depends on the vehicle itself(sometimes you just get a dud) just a general idea before i go spend the money (what a scrooge i am!!)

Dean

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 08:29:13 am »
I am starting to sway towards the ducato/boxer/relay so the next question is what is the mpg like and insurance and general running costs?
I realise alot of things depends on the vehicle itself(sometimes you just get a dud) just a general idea before i go spend the money (what a scrooge i am!!)

Dean
About 120 miles for £20, dont know if it good or not but im happy with it, as my car drinks juice.

Ian

rugby

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 10:25:06 am »
i prefer to have plenty of room in my van,i use vauxhall movano mwb,even with tank poles etc their is stacks of space left for other uses that may crop up

Dean Aspects

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 10:29:49 am »
i prefer to have plenty of room in my van,i use vauxhall movano mwb,even with tank poles etc their is stacks of space left for other uses that may crop up

I looked at the movano but thought it was too big
Would you recommend it then as i do prefer vauxhalls my three previous vehicles where vx's and i just like them

Dean

rugby

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 10:54:34 am »
they are a great van,nice smooth drive and touch would i have never had a single problem with mine and its 4 years old now,had new mot a few weeks ago and it sailed through it with no problem at all.
  maybe because it drives so well it realy don'snt feel any bigger to drive than my old swb transit used to,but being able to stand up and walk around in the back "i think the headroom is about 6ft 2" is great and i would find it hard now to go back to a smaller van.movano's are not to slow either,great van for long distance motorway journeys,but equaly at home driving around town.

rugby

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 11:01:44 am »
ps
   i reckon the bodywork on the vauxhalls will last well too,had transits before this and rust always became a problem,noticed this looking at other peoples vans too,i dont see many movanos with much rust,but transits dont seem to fair too well.
if you decide the movano is still a little big i think i would go for the smaller version,the vivaro,also a great van.

cybersye

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 11:53:47 am »
W reg Vauxhall Brava with 2.5 TDi done 60k and been used by local housing association, regular service and any repairs by the garage I got it from.
Bear, is it a twin cab ?
Been looking for one myself as I need more than 2 seats at weekends.
Have you got a pic we could see of it kitted out?
Simon