This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

for alex gardiners
« on: November 30, 2007, 08:40:39 pm »
i got a sub pump of you in  feb i think and its playing up can you help??
it one of the yellow and black ones it start sto work and then cuts out, its defo not the battery so im presuming its a lose connection so opened up and checked seems fine.

Can you give me any pointers!!1

Re: for alex gardiners
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:44:07 pm »
Mine stops working when the water doesn't cover the float.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:50:17 pm »
It's very difficult to fault find from a distance.  If you wish to return it to us I will happily check it over for you.  How often does it cut out?  How do you get it to start up again? I presume it's the 12v submersible.  Are your connections to the battery good?  Usually with pumps it turns out to be a simple electrical problem.  Have you allowed it to run dry at any time?

ronnie paton

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:53:28 pm »
never run dry but i opened up when stopped working(sounded like it was not running has powerful) and messed with the wires and it worked fastened up and put in the water and then stopped??

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 09:01:08 pm »
It does sound like a wiring problem.  The fact that it stopped working when you put it back in the water may indicate that there is a small break inside the feed wire somewhere that when the weight of the pump pulls on it, causes it to separate, thereby stopping the pump working.  Is it worth trying a new length of feed wire?  Very cheap to buy from B&Q.  The offer still stands if you want to send it back to us - I'll have a look at it for you.

ronnie paton

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 09:23:32 pm »
thanks alex!!

is the feed wire not different than normal wire?? ie in staed of it being bronze in colour its darker(not blck but close?) i thought it had benn coated ?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 08:56:19 am »
If you pick up some wire that is rated for outdoor use, you should be fine.

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 09:03:50 am »
Alex, the 12v submersible yellow pumps that you sell has the outlet running horizontally where it connects to the hose.
Is there a fitting that can be added so the transfer hose connects to it vertically? Or is there any other way of having the pump sitting more flush with the base of the water tank?
Also, are they easy enough to open up and swap for a longer piece of cable to the battery?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 09:16:59 am »
They are easy enough to swap for a longer length of wire. You would need to ensure water-tightness when sealing back-up though. You could always just join another length of wire to the current length and wrap with water tight sealing compound available from hardware stores.

The simple way of getting it to sit better is to fit an elbow after a very short length of hose.

ronnie paton

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 09:22:49 am »
i have joined with another piece of cable but i notice that sometimes it pumps more manly than others. Even with a freshly charged battery. I just wondered from reading your reply to ronnie that a loose connection might be the reason.
I have checked for debris etc and no problem. The pump works ok but sometimes it runs like it's turbo charged and i wondered if it was possible to have it like that all of the time.
Also, do you supply elbows in the size that i would need for it?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 12:00:37 pm »
It does sound like a connection problem to me.

We do not keep the 30mm elbows in stock, but can get one for you if you need it. I think that B&Q do them as well.

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 12:08:30 pm »
It does sound like a connection problem to me.

We do not keep the 30mm elbows in stock, but can get one for you if you need it. I think that B&Q do them as well.

Alex, I'll be wanting to get a pole and a few jets off you as well, but won't be able to act on it until next weekend. I'll look in b&q in the meantime but failing that i'll sort it all out together when i order some bits from you next friday.