This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

davids3511

Had a call to do my local Pizza Hut
« on: November 30, 2007, 05:15:24 pm »
A new retail park pizza hut has just opened up near me. I actually paid it a visit about a week ago and is the usual size for a retail park hut. Anyway, got a call a few days ago asking me to price it for an outside clean on Mondays between 8am and 11.30 am and an inside and outside on a Friday morning same times. The figure I was told I should be aiming for was £16.60 weekly and they expected 30 days credit.

The words get stuffed came to mind but I remained polite and declined their very kind offer. They didn't even ask if I had insurance.

Scrimble

Re: Had a call to do my local Pizza Hut
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:03 pm »
16 quid lol dnt blame you, i used to do a KFC inside and out i charged 50 quid took about hour and a half.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:33:42 pm »
I wonder if they guestimated how long it would take and worked out the cost based on minimum wage                                                                                                      :o

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
then the cheeky xxxxxx charge us £9 for glorified cheese on toast
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 05:38:06 pm »

Trouble is they'll probably find some w/c desperate enough who'll do it >:(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 05:50:17 pm »
A new retail park pizza hut has just opened up near me. I actually paid it a visit about a week ago and is the usual size for a retail park hut. Anyway, got a call a few days ago asking me to price it for an outside clean on Mondays between 8am and 11.30 am and an inside and outside on a Friday morning same times. The figure I was told I should be aiming for was £16.60 weekly and they expected 30 days credit.

The words get stuffed came to mind but I remained polite and declined their very kind offer. They didn't even ask if I had insurance.

If it's a similar size place to the P H near me, maybe I would do one external clean for that price but even that would be a bit tight.  Also, I'm wondering why the external only clean must be between certain hours.  Is it so that someone is there when you clean?  If so, they want to pay rock bottom money and there seems to be a hint that they don't trust you.  For such rubbish money, they would need to let someone do it out of hours.

davids3511

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 05:59:20 pm »
It was actually through some agent, not Pizza Hut themselves. the agent will be creaming alot off the top I would bet.

Helen

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 06:15:34 pm »
It was actually through some agent, not Pizza Hut themselves. the agent will be creaming alot off the top I would bet.

Dave are you with Safecontractor?

davids3511

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:39:49 pm »
Hi Helen

Erm, I'm not sure what safe contractor is really. At the moment I only do domestics and only came into the frame to do the job because I am listed in the yellow pages. They were desperate as they needed it to start the next morning because all the bigwigs were turning up the next afternoon for a meeting. The contractor obviosly left it untill the last minute so out came the yellow pages....

Helen

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 08:25:48 am »
Hi Helen

Erm, I'm not sure what safe contractor is really. At the moment I only do domestics and only came into the frame to do the job because I am listed in the yellow pages. They were desperate as they needed it to start the next morning because all the bigwigs were turning up the next afternoon for a meeting. The contractor obviosly left it untill the last minute so out came the yellow pages....

Thanks. Sounds like they may have conned you into a one off as well there!

need a cleaner

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 09:21:01 am »
Iquoted for a retail soter a few weeks ago, they wanted inside an out twice a week, when i give her the price she said that the previous WC was doing that for £18 a week :o, my ansewr was "sorry but is no way i will b able to match those prices". :-\ i would charge more than that just for 1 visit never mind 2 :o

matt

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 10:08:28 am »
you know the store, go and speak to them direct