This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Gutter rake?
« on: November 30, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
What a waste, we have nice long poles that are great for window cleaning but has any one tried adapting one so that you could rake out all or most of the debris in the gutter? It's awkward when a customer asks for a gutter clean and i can't do it because i am ladderless. :(

matt

Re: Gutter rake?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:55:41 pm »
the gutter tool

its like a big spoon with holes in it, and it screws onto the unger cone

i think mine was abut 10 quid, very easy to use, i only have to do 1 laddet climb per side of house

Davew

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:26:13 pm »
Yes i've seen those but you couldn't use one from ground level very well? I was thinking of a metal hook thith a blunt tip or blunt blade that could be walked from the ground. Might not be possible but it might get the worst out.
Something along the lines of a gooseneck fitting - screwed onto your adapter.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:00:08 pm »

Just say "Sorry, I don't do gutter clearing.  I can wash the outsides though?"
much less hastle.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

TennetClean

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »
I was thinking of a metal hook thith a blunt tip or blunt blade that could be walked from the ground. Might not be possible but it might get the worst out.
Something along the lines of a gooseneck fitting - screwed onto your adapter.

There is one available but i think its more for losening the muck than actually getting it out

Look here:
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

Davew

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 08:18:42 pm »
Fork that!
Yes something along those lines. Most householders presume that their windowcleaner will do the gutters it seems.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:38:07 pm »
Fork that!
Yes something along those lines. Most householders presume that their windowcleaner will do the gutters it seems.

Well I do and I do pretty well from it I might add

Davew

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 08:43:30 pm »
It can't be that hard to make something that could be dragged along the gutter forcing the muck over the side can it?(not talking guttervac here or jet wash)

matt

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:26:23 pm »
its fairly easy

i used to do a 3 storey OAP home

i use my 3 X 3M unger pole and drilled a extra hole a few inches down from the hole it has

then i popped to B&Q and paid 6 quid for a "bracket" its to hang things like ladders on a wall, has a red end cap to is ( they still sell them ) i then took the end cap off, flattened the end with a hammer and used to bolts to bolt it on, this then was dragged down the gutter and loosened all the stuff in the gutter, i then attached the "gutter spoon " and it dragged it all down to the end, as it was so high and i didnt fancy the ladder climb ( didnt even have ladder to reach ) i scooped it over the end , job done

Davew

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 08:25:25 am »
Spot on, i can't believe no one has manufactured one yet. Give me something to do this weekend.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 11:00:48 pm »
Hi

The other day. I had to clean the gutters above a flat conservatory roof that virtually ran the length of the back of the bungalow.
I used the end of a brush head that I got from Morrisons (converted it to a WFP brush but didn't like is performance)that has a 'sharpe' oval curve which I attached to the end of my Unger pole and dragged the gutter 90% clean with that - no problem.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

matt

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 11:08:56 pm »
the reason why i use a unger end on my fishing pole, i can attach loads of other fittings ;)