This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spursboy1972

Backpack-Shurflo
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:39:42 pm »
It seems that Shurflo wont cover us window cleaners for warranty issues. Check out the link below. :(

Only reason I didnt save money and buy one from US was for the warranty. When need new one or additions will now get from US.

www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/info_1_SRS600CE.html
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

davids3511

Re: Backpack-Shurflo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:49:01 pm »
Your warranty is with whomever you purchased it from. From a UK point of view the retailer would be on thin ice if a window cleaning supplier who sold these tried to get out of a warranty problem by saying they shound't be used for window cleaning. They can't have it both ways, either they sell and support them or they don't sell them.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 05:38:19 pm »
Hi Folks,

How I read the disclaimer is:

Shurflo are saying that the Backpack is NOT designed for "High level use".  So they cannot give the full warranty.

So if, for example, you buy a new Backpack and after a day the pump stops or leaks.  I'm sure Shurflo will replace it as it was obviously faulty manufacture.

However, if you, like me, buy a backpack and use it every day 6 - 7 hours a day for WFP then after 8 months the pump looses pressure or leaks then Shurflo cannot replace it as it could be due to wear and tear.

Having said that, I have had a Backpack for 18 months and it's still going OK.  Not as quiet as a new one and lost a tiny bit of pressure.

I, from experience, would say you could do with a new pump every year if you use a backpack as I do.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:11 pm »
Hi Folks,

How I read the disclaimer is:

Shurflo are saying that the Backpack is NOT designed for "High level use".  So they cannot give the full warranty.

So if, for example, you buy a new Backpack and after a day the pump stops or leaks.  I'm sure Shurflo will replace it as it was obviously faulty manufacture.

However, if you, like me, buy a backpack and use it every day 6 - 7 hours a day for WFP then after 8 months the pump looses pressure or leaks then Shurflo cannot replace it as it could be due to wear and tear.

Having said that, I have had a Backpack for 18 months and it's still going OK.  Not as quiet as a new one and lost a tiny bit of pressure.

I, from experience, would say you could do with a new pump every year if you use a backpack as I do.

David

Is this the same Shurflo that won't guarantee its pumps if used with microbore when other manufacturers seem to be OK about it?  If so, maybe they are just admitting that their products are not robust enough.  I suppose the answer would be to buy elsewhere.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 05:53:47 pm »
Is this the same Shurflo that won't guarantee its pumps if used with microbore when other manufacturers seem to be OK about it?  If so, maybe they are just admitting that their products are not robust enough.  I suppose the answer would be to buy elsewhere.

Shiner,

I would agree that Shurflo are admitting their Backpack could not be up to the job of WFP.  But, in my experience, it is ;) ;)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:32:30 pm »
if they last 18 odd months and start slowing or leaking just buy a new one, you have to have some bills for end of year and they are cheap ;)