This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clean

New varistream
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:20:25 pm »
Looks like Williamson pumps have  introduced the latest varistream,looks very smart
http://www.williamson-shop.co.uk/varistream-auto-compensating-pump-controller-48-p.asp

mark dew

Re: New varistream
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:23:53 pm »
Look good but i wonder if it will be as reliable in the long term as its predecessor. Digital things always seem to be more fragile.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:40:55 pm »
I like it so when needed I may have one of those.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 03:47:00 pm »
I think the old one looks better.  Probably more adjustment with the old one as well.  What does the new one do that the old one doesn't apart from look digital.

Simon.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 03:55:31 pm »
It says that there is no need for internal adjustment like there is with the old one ie blue dial.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:32 pm »
It must sense the pressure better on any hose diameter.

MartinB

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 04:50:51 pm »
The New Varistream Digital is now available from your local stockist.

Principle features are:

1 – digital display to set amount of flow (0 – 9, nine being the highest & ‘b’ for boost). Up/down arrows to change flow which is very easy to do. The flow setting is very visible (large red LED)

2 – the pressure shut off is set by up/down arrows on the outside of the box via the digital display (no need to open up the box & fiddle with the blue pot) Mode selection is holding both up & down buttons for 3 seconds which takes the user into the pressure setting mode. Adjust to desired setting (0 -9 & A,B,C,D,E & F, F being the highest). To confirm new pressure setting turn unit off & back on.

3 – flush front panel, no numpty to be knocked/damaged. No pot to get worn out from repeated use.

4 – Unit fully IP65.

5 – Can be used on all 12VDC pump that draw less than 10 Amps at full pressure.

The main features of the old varistream still apply:

a. The Varistream Digital takes over from the pump pressure switch, which becomes redundant (and therefore cannot break)

b. The Varistream Digital monitors the height at which the brush is working and automatically compensates to ensure keep the same flow rate at whatever the brush is being used.

We hope you like it!

Martin

NWH

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:53:04 pm »
I loooooooooooooooove it,give me one now. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

clean

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 04:53:50 pm »

Principle features are:

1 – digital display to set amount of flow (0 – 9, nine being the highest & ‘b’ for boost). Up/down arrows to change flow which is very easy to do. The flow setting is very visible (large red LED)

2 – the pressure shut off is set by up/down arrows on the outside of the box via the digital display (no need to open up the box & fiddle with the blue pot) Mode selection is holding both up & down buttons for 3 seconds which takes the user into the pressure setting mode. Adjust to desired setting (0 -9 & A,B,C,D,E & F, F being the highest). To confirm new pressure setting turn unit off & back on.

3 – flush front panel, no numpty to be knocked/damaged. No pot to get worn out from repeated use.

4 – Unit fully IP65.

a. The Varistream Digital takes over from the pump pressure switch, which becomes redundant (and therefore cannot break)

b. The Varistream Digital monitors the height at which the brush is working and automatically compensates to ensure keep the same flow rate at whatever the brush is being used.

We hope you like it!

Martin

Hi Martin,any chance of a freebie! for bringing this to notice  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ..............................

i`ll get me coat  ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:15 pm »
Hi Martin

My first varistream is still going fine after all this time, but I will give you a ring monday and order a couple of the new ones.

Regards Roy

gary999

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:04 pm »
looks good unfortunately im a heavy handed bleeder wouldnt last two minutes
in my hands.will stick to flowmaster im safer with a dial :-\

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:14:42 pm »
Of course Williamsons Pumps have brought out a new varistream, I bought 2 of the old style ones two weeks ago  ::)

Everytime I buy a pole, brush, pump theres a new and improved version just around the corner  >:(

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 09:09:07 pm »
Of course Williamsons Pumps have brought out a new varistream, I bought 2 of the old style ones two weeks ago  ::)

Everytime I buy a pole, brush, pump theres a new and improved version just around the corner  >:(

lmao

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 09:15:42 pm »

Principle features are:

4 – Unit fully IP65.

We hope you like it!

Martin

Hopefully more available when you realy need one ,and not frought with waiting for the circuit boards/ or the next production run

dai

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 09:27:52 pm »
Martin, I have problems with the mark two regarding variation in the flow rate.
Sometimes it slows when I turn it up, or speeds up as I turn it down.
I use the same flow rate for most of my work, but have to make adjustment to maintain it.
Does the new model get away from this problem by not having a control dial?
I was thinking that a bad contact behind the control k nob may be causing this problem. Your thoughts appreciated Dai

MartinB

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 09:19:06 am »
Hello Dai

A bad contact on the rotary numpty may well be the problem.

Whilst the basic circuitry has not been changed, and therefore the performance of the Digital is identical to the original, we believe the new design will prove more user friendly and robust.

Martin

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 05:03:49 pm »
Ordered one from freedomwfp. £81 inc shipping. Not too bad. :)