This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Scarey!
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:19:30 pm »
Cleaning today and i could see a fellow cleaner doing a gutter/soffit clean above a conservatory. Ladder against the corner of the house and cleaning with a pole with applicator so no hands on ladder at all, stretching and way off balance. I popped over and wfpoled it for him as i couldn't bear to watch. Am i soft or what? Got no work for the rest of today either.

Dave JP

Re: Scarey!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 02:05:27 pm »
Nice one Dave, always good to help someone if you can, you never know he may pass on some difficult to reach Trad work as way of a thank you.

Me, I'd have pushed him -  ;)

Dave.
"Everywhere is in walking distance, if you have the time."

Helen

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:39:35 pm »
beggars belief what some people do. Dave w you are a gent....was it another window cleaner or the owner of the house? ;D

Davew

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:53:03 pm »
No, another windowcleaner. He was either an ageing acrobat or a fearless nutter. He was actually doing a pretty good job with his limited kit. I don't know much about ladder safety because i never use them other than to scramble up on a garage roof now and then, but to me he was relying on a lot of luck because had he slipped he had no means of preventing a fall (both arms outstretched on the pole). I didn't critisize him because i didn't know much better.

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 06:10:21 pm »
Dave,

What was his reaction, how did he feel about you helping him out?
Did you charge him?

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:13:04 pm »
Cleaning today and i could see a fellow cleaner doing a gutter/soffit clean above a conservatory. Ladder against the corner of the house and cleaning with a pole with applicator so no hands on ladder at all, stretching and way off balance. I popped over and wfpoled it for him as i couldn't bear to watch. Am i soft or what? Got no work for the rest of today either.
good on you Davew  ;)

Davew

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 07:54:11 pm »
No didn't charge him, just helped him out. I'm next door with my all singing all dancing van and no work left, so rather than go home and get bored i thought i'd give him a hand with the hardest bit. Could have done the lot but even i'm not that generous!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 09:09:47 pm »
beggars belief what some people do.

It also beggars belief what some customers will expect their window cleaners to do with no regard for their safety just to get a job done.
I actually had a customer admit/boast about his 'couldn't care less' attitude to my face in connection with cleaning one window on his property. Needless to say he's no longer a customer!

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:53:26 pm »
dont knock the fearless nutter i have a tame one from barnsley he does all the dodgy stuff on gutter/fascia jobs and will work all day for 8 cans of strongbow and meat pie ;D ;D ;D