This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.J.Thorpe

always the rich ones
« on: November 29, 2007, 11:50:39 pm »
yesterday i did 2 custs both longstanding both minted one runs big horticultural commpany (chances are if you ever bought flower bulbs for garden then her husbands company grew or imported them no names tho) other is first custs mum and dad equally flush and also friendly with my dad and my uncle through farming/shooting/hare coursing (before ban) etc so did i get a nice tip on both their 25+ houses ???? did i **** and yet today six quid house only done it for a year if that her husband died in the summer and shes having windows replaced one at a time cos of cost but still wants them cleaned and leaves money with neighbour if she out get this 10 quid tip!! i nearly gave it back but she insisted any one else find that the ones with money(apparently) are worst tippers?? never expect tips they always bonus but sometimes......

xxmattyxx

Re: always the rich ones
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:34:08 am »
I do a house which is in the road thats reported to be the most affluent in Hampshire, the house is worth Id imagine, probably around £800K, her old man is a surgeon, speaks with a plum in her gob, nanny etc, bla bla bla...... I got a Toblerone last year off her.

I know a shiner who does plenty of houses around that road, he reckons he gets £100 tips, personally I dont believe a word of it, but you never know.......

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:00:54 am »
I dont accept tips and ask them to give them to charity. I am just grateful for the work.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:36:48 am »
I do a house which is in the road thats reported to be the most affluent in Hampshire, the house is worth Id imagine, probably around £800K, her old man is a surgeon, speaks with a plum in her gob, nanny etc, bla bla bla...... I got a Toblerone last year off her.

I know a shiner who does plenty of houses around that road, he reckons he gets £100 tips, personally I dont believe a word of it, but you never know.......

Individual tips of 100 or tips totaling 100.  I've had the odd £20 before but it's always from smaller houses.  Had an old dear try to give me £20 once for her £2 bungalow front but I though she was going dulally so I gave her all the change back, the next month the son gave it to me again as it was meant as a tip.

Simon.

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:39:00 am »
You're a better man than I Jeff and i suspect most on here. I use my tips to contribute towards xmas as havin 10-11 days off does hit me in the pocket somewhat........She still needs the housekeeping money whether i'm workin or not. Unfortunately the banks don't give us a week or so off paying the mortgage, so i gracefully accept any xmas box's i'm offered and off to the pub straight after work  ;D.Well they do say"have a drink on me"  ;D S*d the mortgage   ;D ;D ;D

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 10:32:33 am »
two houses - about the same size...
both same price just £7
 1 in posh expensive area.... shes really fussy and asks me to do it both methods to see which way she prefers! and checks them all afterwards.. waits for me to find her £3 change .... no tip after spending 45 mins on it not that i would expect one from her

1 in not so well off area....  council estate area
not so well off people... i spend 30 mins on it- do a good job but didnt put that much effort into it, lovely man and lady come out after wards, said thats the best its been in ages a really good job give me £10  so £3 tip... they say see you in 4 weeks

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 11:06:27 am »
price just £7
 1 in posh expensive area.... shes really fussy and asks me to do it both methods to see which way she prefers! and checks them all afterwards.. waits for me to find her £3 change .... no tip after spending 45 mins on it not that i would expect one from her

Are you running a business or a charity?  Firstly I wouldn't touch anything under £10, secondly I do NOT do "trials" - I guarantee my work for 48 hours but they still have to be able to show what they're complaining about.

It is a huge mistake to allow the customer to dictate terms especially for a paltry £7 do it once and they'll trample all over you for ever more.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 11:17:03 am »
well you see - theyre both from a list from a round i bought... so some other window cleaner priced them..... and he only used ladder scrim squeegee.. etc- so im doing them and they dont take too long... but i would have charged probably £10 for these if i had priced them... but anyhow- i dont have too many customers at the moment so theyl do until i get more.

Ian W

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 11:49:38 am »
Got a tip from a customer the other day, but I am thinking of doing what Jeff does and donate any tips to charity. Is there anything like a window cleaners benovolent fund? I doubt it, but it would be nice to help some families who have fallen on hard times at christmas.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

xxmattyxx

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:29 pm »
Is there anything like a window cleaners benovolent fund?

Yes, I can send you my bank details, pay it in at your leisure  ;D

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 07:18:10 pm »
Jeff ,
If i offered somebody a tip and they refused it i would be offended.

Ian W

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:19:02 pm »
I was expecting that from the moment I replied to this thread. ;D

It would be nice to give it to a fund like that though. Perhaps I will donate it to the heart foundation or cancer research.
Charles Dickens

aztec

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »
we would be willing to donate any tips to a registered charity so if anyone would like to sort it out i am more than happy to donate

pingu

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 09:45:04 pm »
Being a bit of a dog person...I have sponserd a 'cage' in the local dog rescue centre and any tips that I get will go to that....

I know people are more important than dogs but at least I can see the benifit of it.

Dave.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 10:18:53 pm »
oi ian i smoked from age 12 till 9 wks ago and my heart been broke more times than i care to remember if you dont want your tips then...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ian W

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 10:54:52 pm »
That's the last time I mention giving anything away... ;D

Anyway, you qualify for my tips if you are over 90. To claim just bring both of your parents along and I will just hand the money over. :P
Charles Dickens

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 06:53:57 am »
I have always accepted tips in the spirit they are given. Not that I get a lot. One of the things that I did unintentionally that turned out rather clever was to recently raise my minimum to £14. People give you £15 and say "OH thats all right, get yourself a cup of coffee" Which is what I do.