This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

BACKPACK WITH DI ATTACHED , WILL IT WORK?
« on: November 29, 2007, 05:43:31 pm »
So will this work? attaching a small 700ml DI vessel to a backpack so i can use a submersible pump to pump water from my tank ( 34tds ) into the backpack and then purify on the backpack. So will this work? Will the pressure be affected?

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: WILL THIS WORK?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 06:16:42 pm »
Water at that tds, then yes probably, all though I would have concerns about the flow rate being too fast through the di.  My question though, whats the point having the lightest pole you can lay your hands on to then add weight and awkwardness to the back pack.  Just pump pure water into it to begin with.

Simon.

Captain Scarlet

Re: WILL THIS WORK?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 06:32:48 pm »
My setup doesnt allow me to pump pure water into the backpack, to do that means spending an extra 400 quid for a purification system at home. At the moment I just purify in my van with 2 DI bottles from my 500ltr tank. I just want the backpack to supliment my vanmount, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

Re: BACKPACK WITH DI, WILL IT WORK?
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:48 pm »
Does anybody else have something to say....please! Luke

NWH

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:36:49 pm »
Pump it through your hosereel into backpack,get a varistream and turn it up when using it to fill backpack.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:43:09 pm »
I have a varistream but that wouldnt work because 2 men are using the system and with the submersible pump I can fill the backpack up in a few seconds, Luke

Kev R

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 07:46:17 pm »
Take a T-Junction from after your DI. Connect a length of hose with a tap on the end. Fill the back pack with that. Thats what I do anyway.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 07:48:50 pm »
I could do that but with 2 men using the pump even at full blast it will take ages to fill the backpack! All I want to know really is if my idea is possible or does it have flwas with pressure? Luke

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 07:50:17 pm »
No Luke listen very carefully,fill it through your hosereel after DI ie water going into backpack and not window,fill it during your tea breaks.

Kev R

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 07:51:55 pm »
It will probably work  ;) But there are many reasons why I personally wouldn't bother main one being weight!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 07:53:18 pm »
No Luke listen very carefully,fill it through your hosereel after DI ie water going into backpack and not window,fill it during your tea breaks.

I would do that if my suggestion doesnt work but I just want to find out if it will because it will be much quicker....oh and I dont have tea breaks unfortunately :( !!!!Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 07:54:10 pm »
Weight isnt an issue, I'm big and if I'm not big enough I'll use a sack truck!!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 08:14:16 pm »
Here is a diagram I did on paint, I even got got the shurflo logo!!!

so the hose that comes from the backpacks tank would go through the di vessel then to a on/off valve then to a pole! Luke

Alex Gardiner

Re: BACKPACK WITH DI ATTACHED , WILL IT WORK?
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 09:57:44 pm »
It should work, but as has been pointed out it will be heavier.

Perhaps you have invented a new product. When you have designed it and protected it, we will sell it for you!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007, 10:01:58 pm »
I did think should i post it but I couldnt care less if somebody wanted to make money out of it. Obviously I cant divulge but my dad had an idea for a great wfp invention  :-X :-X

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:04:16 pm »
Do you think that the resin would need chnaging often, and another thing, I have never held one of those vessels, are they a similar scale to my picture? Luke

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 10:07:00 pm »
They are about 12 inches high in total and about 4 inches across.  It should be enough to purify 450 litres if using your water at 34 ppm.

Here's another thought Luke - why not try filling the backpack with a couple of litres of resin and then pouring the water on top.  If you could find a way of straining the water before it went to the pump, you'd effectively have a very large resin canister.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:42 pm »
so around 25 fills of the backpack! thats not bad. I know you once said you only sell products you believe in, so would I be right in saying that your not too keen on backpacks?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 10:14:49 pm »
Hole in one.

alanwilson

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2007, 10:26:48 pm »
luke if you want to reduce the weight even more you could opt for the 250ml di vessel from ro man.

obviously you will get less fills from it but should be a bit lighter.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!